Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a step in the right direction. Saw more fight in the team than in any other game this season. That was probably Spitts best game in a Jags jersey. Storey put in a power of work, McGinty was majestic at the back and young Jamie pulled off a couple of cracking saves. The clean sheet was an added bonus. Only negative was the continuing poor form of Doolan, who looks a shadow of his former self and Mutombo who if I saw correctly threw his gloves at Caldwell after being subbed just before half time. Been a long time since I enjoyed coming away from a game with 3 points. 

A lot better from Thistle today. Spittal was excellent, as were Sneddon and (shockingly) Storey. Dan Jeffries exists, and he was probably our worst player. Defence just about got away with it today. Caldwell still manages to make an arse of something by taking Mutombo off when he did. Pointless doing that so close to half-time and he was clearly raging.

Dunfermline were very poor. Didn’t offer much at all. One of the worst teams I’ve seen at Firhill this season (apart from us, obviously). What happened with Muirhead when he got taken off? Saw he was getting wide with some fans as he came off?

A lot better from Thistle today. Spittal was excellent, as were Sneddon and (shockingly) Storey. Dan Jeffries exists, and he was probably our worst player. Defence just about got away with it today. Caldwell still manages to make an arse of something by taking Mutombo off when he did. Pointless doing that so close to half-time and he was clearly raging.

Dunfermline were very poor. Didn’t offer much at all. One of the worst teams I’ve seen at Firhill this season (apart from us, obviously). What happened with Muirhead when he got taken off? Saw he was getting wide with some fans as he came off?

Few fans had a go at him as he came off and he reacted. Motioned fans to come down, not sure if that was a 'mon then' action or more 'you come down and show us how good you are then' though I think it was more the latter.

Had to get shoved into the dugout and stewards came up to the more vocal fans for a chat.

16 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

I didn’t think Mutumbo was anything great but the lad sitting next to me thought he was taken off because he had been injured in a tackle a couple of minutes before 

25 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I didn’t think Mutumbo was anything great but the lad sitting next to me thought he was taken off because he had been injured in a tackle a couple of minutes before 

No chance. He was replaced in a tactical situation where we were getting a bit overrun.

Mutombo’s effort all day was dreadful. Did absolutely nothing off the ball, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he was hooked immediately after failing to close down a man just past our dugout, leaving Doolan marking two guys and Dunfermline able to put a cross in the box immediately after.

Possibly could have held on until halftime to hook him, but I’m honestly not fussed, as he’s utter shite.

Good result today, solid performance from most of the team. Worrying that both Banzo and  McCarthy picked up unnecessary bookings though.

There is a long way to go and we wont come up against teams as dreadfully poor as Dunfermline every week, but I have a bit more hope after today. 

1 minute ago, Besty said:

Look at the lineman's position when he flagged not a cat in hells chance of seeing if it was over the line or not ,shocking 

It was the ref that gave it, perhaps a descent keeper with longer arms might have clawed it back?

6 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

It was the ref that gave it, perhaps a descent keeper with longer arms might have clawed it back?

Very good point big Dan but unfortunately wrong as you can see by his waving flag   ,get Fraser foster in 

Or maybe big Dan ,he must have long arms 

Archived