Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

Manager Allan Johnston feels that there are plenty of winnable games ahead of his team this month and a great opportunity to try and put a run of results together. First up is a visit to Glasgow to face Partick Thistle, a side struggling to get to terms with life in the Championship after their relegation at the end of last season. In his Thursday media briefing he claimed that Dunfermline cannot afford to drop their standards and need to make sure that the performance is up to the level that inflicted the 3-0 defeat over Morton last Saturday.

Evidence of how tight the Championship is that the Pars are only four points off Inverness Caley Thistle in fourth place.

On the injury front things are looking a little brighter. Tom Beadling played the large majority of the reserve game on Tuesday against Hearts 

Same old AJ always bullshit.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever noticed why funny/controversial interviews get as much attention as they do? It's because they're rare as f**k, every manager in the country gives the same kind of interview. Players are the same. It's boring, but it's also the norm. If AJ's dull interviews genuinely bother you then I'd suggest you watch other managers' pre/post match interviews to see that AJ is no different to the vast majority of others'.

41 minutes ago, smpar said:

Have you ever noticed why funny/controversial interviews get as much attention as they do? It's because they're rare as f**k, every manager in the country gives the same kind of interview. Players are the same. It's boring, but it's also the norm. If AJ's dull interviews genuinely bother you then I'd suggest you watch other managers' pre/post match interviews to see that AJ is no different to the vast majority of others'.

We can dream Jurgen get's the gig in January.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Wow, never looked at it that way before mate, Thanks for the reality check.

8 hours ago, smpar said:

Aye I've said it a few times now but I don't get why Johnston's comments get so much scrutiny. It's far more than any other manager we've had, yet he says pretty much the same stuff all other managers do, including ones we've had previously.

Not sure what people except from these. Managers aren't to say that their team has been shit and they've made a big horse's cock of things.

So why do Johnston's comments get far more scrutiny and slagging? Not heard any answer for this.

14 hours ago, mikedafc said:
On 03/12/2018 at 11:19, Deontay WildPar said:
Caldwell's last game in charge. 

I get the impression that Caldwell will try and do what Jack Ross did at St Mirren by having massive clear out in January and bring in loads of players to avoid relegation and hopefully kick on next season

I'm not too sure. According to the recent AGM  he has given the board a list of players to bring in and I guess ones he wants rid of. 

There are decent players in the squad we just lack leaders on the park, backbone and holes in key positions. 

5 or 6 decent additions could turn things around, imo. Then again our January windows have been pretty meh as far back as I can remember. 

McMillan and Dowie did a job when released by you guys then we got Lyle Taylor. Maybe Lee Mair at a push too.

12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wow, never looked at it that way before mate, Thanks for the reality check.

You seem to be taking that post rather personally. It's obvious that some posters genuinely do need a 'reality check' when they're picking out completely average interviews to have a good whinge at the manager. 

AJ's pre-match comments aren't out yet but I *guarantee* he'll talk about the importance of putting a run together, only being four points adrift of the top 4 ("shows you how quick things can change...lot of negativity in recent weeks) and that they're easing Tom Beadling back to full fitness ("don't want to rush him")
You fancy the pre match script writing gig? What would you have him say?

Apart from, "today, I tendered my resignation".

If he's not saying the predictable then he'd be wrong for that too.

Not sure if we will revert to a 4-4-2 this week. Possibly we’ll stick with a 5-3-2 as Slater is likely to be out. The benefit of this is Storey is unlikely to start in his favoured position. Also gives a bit more protection to Sneddon.

Sneddon

Keown Scobbie McGinty

Elliott Spittal Bannigan Fitzpatrick Penrice

Doolan Erskine 

So, yeah pretty much last week’s team. We weren’t great but we did create a few chances most notably from a couple of set pieces. 

Not sure if the Pars will line up in a similar vein but could make for another close encounter of the turd kind...

I actually think we might score but we will probably need two to have a chance of winning. 

Wildly optimistic prediction: Thistle 2 Dunfermline 1

Might put a small wager on McGinty to score first and anytime.

Weather not bad at the moment but will be pishing down by kick off. 

Archived