Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed memories of Firhill. Seeing us put in a great performance in the cup with Brewster and Crawford running riot. Going through in the cup and Ian McCall said the rugby side had forgot to switch on the USH. Coincidental that they had several players out. Absolute scandal tbh.

In the league there was the 5-1 pumping. Some great goals, think it was Forbes with the volley. Players had clearly chucked it with the wage fiasco.

I thought Thistle had some decent looking players last time and had some decent possession but like us didn’t have a cutting edge. I think they will turn it around but hopefully not on Sat.

I remember the Aston Martin as well. Daddy's "hard-earned" cash at work there.

I seem to recall he tried to claim he paid for it from his own wages when the court took it off him. He had earned £4000 in the previous year at Cowdenbeath.

Has cardle's 2nd half Hat-trick been mentioned yet? Absolutely glorious.

The USH thing was an utter joke, thank f**k the rugby boys fucked off, firhill was a total bog for far too long because of them.

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The USH thing was an utter joke, thank f**k the rugby boys fucked off, firhill was a total bog for far too long because of them.

Aye that was a joke, you obviously can't punish teams for not using there USH but it was pretty obvious what had happened. 

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye that was a joke, you obviously can't punish teams for not using there USH but it was pretty obvious what had happened. 

It was a joke, McCall said that the warriors had forgotten to switch it on and they never thought to check until about half two.

Bullllsheeeet

:lol:

Buchanan came back and scored in the rearranged game as well.

McCall was an absolute master of getting a game called off if he didn't fancy it. Falkirk away following the ref around the pitch as he done an inspection trying to convince him to call it off was another highlight.

Pressley was so raging he organised a 1st team v reserves game to prove the pitch was fine. 

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

In the league there was the 5-1 pumping. Some great goals, think it was Forbes with the volley. Players had clearly chucked it with the wage fiasco.

We were well beaten in the 5-1 game but I'm sure we went through two weeks later and won 0-1 in the Scottish Cup with an And Barrowman :wub: goal. Don't think we'd quite chucked it yet but it wasn't far off from curtains.

The Cardle hat-trick at Firhill was a fine individual performance. Atrocious defending to let the same goal happen 3 times tbf.

54 minutes ago, smpar said:

The Cardle hat-trick at Firhill was a fine individual performance. Atrocious defending to let the same goal happen 3 times tbf.

Greg Shields was the Thistle right back was he not that day? 

What a great wee player. Didn't he suffer a nasty injury? Seems to happen a lot but maybe just my misty morning mind.

Simon Wiles was another player I liked but I think got a horrible injury.

Greg Paterson the goalie, although that was a collision?

Our own Williamson twice, but has come back.

Any other young starlets taken from us too soon?

What a great wee player. Didn't he suffer a nasty injury? Seems to happen a lot but maybe just my misty morning mind.

Simon Wiles was another player I liked but I think got a horrible injury.

Greg Paterson the goalie, although that was a collision?

Our own Williamson twice, but has come back.

Any other young starlets taken from us too soon?

Noel Whelan

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Nick Phinn did suffer with injury, which was a shame.

I'm old enough to remember going to Firhill to watch us playing Hamilton in the First Division when they ground shared there for a while. There have been some good performances by the Pars against Thistle there that spring to mind (3-0 in the cup, the 4-1 Cardle show), some horrors (pretty sure we got battered 1-4 and 0-4 in successive seasons under Calderwood, the 1-5, featuring one of the best goals from an opposition player I'd seen for some time) and some forgettable dross.

Not quite sure how this one is going to pan out, but we should take confidence from beating Morton. Any manner of victory will do but I am concerned that Thistle are due some sort of result at some stage.

Same team as Saturday I'd suggest for this one.

On 12/3/2018 at 21:02, parsforlife said:

My last visit was the 5-1 game earlier that season, that started a utter horrific spell for the club. Not paying wages, going into admin, going down, getting humiliated by Cowdenbeath in our efforts to get back up, finishing 7th in league 1, all horrifying to go through.

But watching Chris Kane play left back that day is right up there with the worst things to happen in that era.

Always liked Kane. Sort of player who'd go into a 50/50 with his own granny. Don't think we've replaced him tbh.

AJ's pre-match comments aren't out yet but I *guarantee* he'll talk about the importance of putting a run together, only being four points adrift of the top 4 ("shows you how quick things can change...lot of negativity in recent weeks) and that they're easing Tom Beadling back to full fitness ("don't want to rush him")

Caldwell's last game in charge. 
I get the impression that Caldwell will try and do what Jack Ross did at St Mirren by having massive clear out in January and bring in loads of players to avoid relegation and hopefully kick on next season

Archived