Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been to Firhill since we drew 3-3 in the relegation/title year, depending on your allegiances

We were outstanding in the second half that day and led 3-1 with about five minutes to go. A win would have all but guaranteed safety. No worries though, we definitely would beat an already relegated Airdrie at EEP the next weekend, right?

:(

My last visit was the 5-1 game earlier that season, that started a utter horrific spell for the club. Not paying wages, going into admin, going down, getting humiliated by Cowdenbeath in our efforts to get back up, finishing 7th in league 1, all horrifying to go through.

But watching Chris Kane play left back that day is right up there with the worst things to happen in that era.

As much as McNamara is a p***k, he got things absolutely spot on in the 5-1 game, he knew you had a stand in left back and stuck Stephen O'Donnell at right wing rather than right back, he ran riot for the entire game.

We scored 5 goals in 75 minutes that day,  our last 5 goals have come over the space of 10 games and over 2 months. But we look good in training, and that's the main thing.

2 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

we absolutely owned the pars that season, Forbes wonder strike, smashing them home and away and clawing a draw on the last day to ultimately see them go down. delicious.

now we have Gary Caldwell. disgusting.

The draw away at Partick didn't ultimately see us go down though? The draw was a great result in that it gave us a great chance to stay up against an Airdrie side already relegated, and even then we had the playoffs to save ourselves. I was down in Newcastle at the time and was very chuffed with the draw. 

Sure we won in the Scottish Cup aswell,might be getting that mixed up with another season though. 

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The draw away at Partick didn't ultimately see us go down though? The draw was a great result in that it gave us a great chance to stay up against an Airdrie side already relegated, and even then we had the playoffs to save ourselves. I was down in Newcastle at the time and was very chuffed with the draw. 

Sure we won in the Scottish Cup aswell,might be getting that mixed up with another season though. 

Wouldn't say it was a great result from 3-1 up though (iirc, feels so very long ago now...)

40 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yeah, 1-0. Craig Dargo went down rather easily and Aaron Muirhead got a red card. 

Paul Gallagher saved a Ross Forbes penalty in the second half.

I was in hospitality so it wasn't a total loss...

16 hours ago, parsforlife said:

My last visit was the 5-1 game earlier that season, that started a utter horrific spell for the club. Not paying wages, going into admin, going down, getting humiliated by Cowdenbeath in our efforts to get back up, finishing 7th in league 1, all horrifying to go through.

But watching Chris Kane play left back that day is right up there with the worst things to happen in that era.

Enjoyed reading that.

A few things for saturdays upcoming 1-0 defeat to Dunfermline:

Quitongo to start upfront because our actual strikers create even less. I thought Fitz and Spittal actually played well on Saturday so that’s the front three I’d like to see. Sneddon to stay in goals because he’s a million times better than Bell and the rest of the team can be picked out a hat. 1-0 Dunfermline James Craigen penalty from a Christie Elliot Hand ball.

4 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Wouldn't say it was a great result from 3-1 up though (iirc, feels so very long ago now...)

In that sense not, but before the game a draw away at the title winners with the team we had, to set up that game with Airdrie would be viewed as an absolute dream. 

The last few posts have made me had a quick glance at our head-to-head stats, in our promotion season in 2010/11, out four games saw a grand total of 2 goals. A 2-0 win for each team at Firhill and two 0-0 draws at EEP. I remember being at both Firhill games very well but can't remember the home games at all.

2 goals between four meetings in the same season must be pretty rare.

I remembered the 0-0 game, at least the second one. Would've been nearish the end of the season at the start of our unbeaten run. Specially remember saying I can't see us winning the title playing the way we were. 

I remember the 2-0 game we won as it was the first time I'd been in hospitality at the football. You'd signed Liam Buchanan from us 2 days beforehand, he got a pretty good reception. He could have been a really good player if it wasn't for injuries with us knackering his pace, but I guess he's still had a pretty reasonable lower league career.

Archived