Resident evil 2 remake

54_and_counting

2 hours ago, XIII said:

I clocked just over 11 hours for Leon, but that was me trying to stay away from MrX and maintaining my kleptomaniac tendencies of collecting and checking everywhere

See tbh, i totally agree with that as to me that is a good aspect of the game, creeping around immersing yourself in the environment etc

c***s that race though games then moan about them can gtf

See tbh, i totally agree with that as to me that is a good aspect of the game, creeping around immersing yourself in the environment etc
This x1000, ruins it completely

1 hour ago, XIII said:
2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

This x1000, ruins it completely

When you go into the east hallway for the first time, and its just your flashlight, blood everywhere, bodies and carnage littering the place, water everywhere from burst pipes etc, i think i spent half an hour creeping round every corner of that bit due to the fact it was that good but that terrifying lol

On 3/13/2019 at 09:15, 54_and_counting said:

I was watching Jim Sterling the other day and he made a very good point that I hadn't really considered.

As much as most modern day AAA games seem to want to be a money sink, a never ending source of income utilising ongoing pish like loot boxes and season passes, the vast majority of them are also a massive time sink and gamers simply cant keep up with that. 'Want to be the best? You need to give us 50 hours a week to do so'

Now I'm not being down on that, if that's your thing, fair enough, but there are dozens of these around and as many as 4, 5, 6 of them out in any given month. It's unfeasible and unsustainable. FFS, EA have two of them out at the same time in the form of Anthem and Apex Legends!

Companies think there is no appetite (and more importantly a lot less financial gain) in sticking out a cracking 6-8 hour single player experience for players with a defined beginning, middle and an end and THAT'S the game....but I dare say the vast majority of gamers, especially those in the 25+ age group (who grew up with gaming being either a) a solitary experience or b) an experience where you invited your mates over to play split screen), still have a huge appetite for this. I know I still like the idea of a game I can pick up, give an hour or so a night of attention to, have it finished in a couple of weeks and move on.

I know that some of the games I've loved most in the last few years (Last of Us, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed 2, Mario Odyssey) have mainly been single player experiences of varying length from about 5 hours all the way up to the 35 or so I put into ME2 (which could have been done in half the time but ever nook and cranny had to be explored). Even some others like Vanquish, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Prototype 1 and 2, Darksiders....none of which will go on my all time favorites list but they were all cracking plays.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I was watching Jim Sterling the other day and he made a very good point that I hadn't really considered.

As much as most modern day AAA games seem to want to be a money sink, a never ending source of income utilising ongoing pish like loot boxes and season passes, the vast majority of them are also a massive time sink and gamers simply cant keep up with that. 'Want to be the best? You need to give us 50 hours a week to do so'

Now I'm not being down on that, if that's your thing, fair enough, but there are dozens of these around and as many as 4, 5, 6 of them out in any given month. It's unfeasible and unsustainable. FFS, EA have two of them out at the same time in the form of Anthem and Apex Legends!

Companies think there is no appetite (and more importantly a lot less financial gain) in sticking out a cracking 6-8 hour single player experience for players with a defined beginning, middle and an end and THAT'S the game....but I dare say the vast majority of gamers, especially those in the 25+ age group (who grew up with gaming being either a) a solitary experience or b) an experience where you invited your mates over to play split screen), still have a huge appetite for this. I know I still like the idea of a game I can pick up, give an hour or so a night of attention to, have it finished in a couple of weeks and move on.

I know that some of the games I've loved most in the last few years (Last of Us, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed 2, Mario Odyssey) have mainly been single player experiences of varying length from about 5 hours all the way up to the 35 or so I put into ME2 (which could have been done in half the time but ever nook and cranny had to be explored). Even some others like Vanquish, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Prototype 1 and 2, Darksiders....none of which will go on my all time favorites list but they were all cracking plays.

I don't really play many games anymore unless they are games you can jump in and out of without really thinking, like star wars, however the odd time a game will grab my attention and i find its usually down to the environment, the detail, how much it immerses me in the game, 

Spiderman for example, not only were the swinging and fighting mechanics good, but the new york environment was outstanding 

I think there will come a time where we reach a breaking point.  There are so many games I'd want to try, but don't because the thought of leaping into another open world game with 8 million things to do just seems...tiring.  I'm lucky enough that my son (and wife by extension) isn't a complete dick and is good enough to leave us some decent time after he's in bed to do what we want to do.  Still I'm not going to get a huge amount of time to play.  I'm just about done with the single player of RDR2, and use FIFA as my "other" game I can drop in and out of (along with the hugely fun PSVR).  Beyond that though, stuff like the later Assassin's Creed games, the new Division, and anything largely online based, is just not going to happen.

Yeah, probably a slight overreaction on my part.... could still do without him but he isn’t as bad as i first thought. I used all my ammo trying to kill him initially. 

Finished first play through as Leon and just started Clares run. 

On 24/03/2019 at 16:57, Skerla said:

Yeah, probably a slight overreaction on my part.... could still do without him but he isn’t as bad as i first thought. I used all my ammo trying to kill him initially. 

Finished first play through as Leon and just started Clares run. 

You eventually learn what triggers him and good ways to dodge him and force him to slow down for example 

If your doing the library puzzle with him in there, the best thing to do is to climb the ladder, goad him up it, then go run down the stairs as he takes an age following you down them, but if you climb the stairs and go down the ladder, he just jumps down the ladder (i shat myself at that bit lol) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just me that thinks this is a bit pish and not a patch on the original? Pish is harsh. It's a decent game. But other than a graphical update, it's inferior in every way for me. Granted, it could have been a whole lot worse and I'm probably sounding more negative than necessary but it was a wee bit of a disappointment for me. Mr X pissed me off more than scared me.

It's not as good as ReMake was for me personally.

On 12/04/2019 at 11:34, Ludo*1 said:

Just me that thinks this is a bit pish and not a patch on the original? Pish is harsh. It's a decent game. But other than a graphical update, it's inferior in every way for me. Granted, it could have been a whole lot worse and I'm probably sounding more negative than necessary but it was a wee bit of a disappointment for me. Mr X pissed me off more than scared me.

It's not as good as ReMake was for me personally.

Having never played the original, i really enjoyed it (although agree with you regarding Mr X.)

What changes were there from the original? 

Having never played the original, i really enjoyed it (although agree with you regarding Mr X.)
What changes were there from the original? 
They've updated the graphics, control and camera compared to the original but the game play is much the same.

The content and story is much the same as the original. The one area the remake did f**k up was the A and B scenarios or 2nd run as its called in the remake. In the original both scenarios fit together whereas in the remake you fight the same bosses in the same area as both Leon and Claire. Annette Birkin, the scientist, now also dies twice in two different ways depending on if you play as Leon or Claire.

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

They've updated the graphics, control and camera compared to the original but the game play is much the same.

The content and story is much the same as the original. The one area the remake did f**k up was the A and B scenarios or 2nd run as its called in the remake. In the original both scenarios fit together whereas in the remake you fight the same bosses in the same area as both Leon and Claire. Annette Birkin, the scientist, now also dies twice in two different ways depending on if you play as Leon or Claire.

Yeah in the remake you've now to assume that whatever run you play is the main run and the other character simply stumbles behind only doing segments linked to them only

Its pretty crap given what we expected, probably the only disappointment for me about the remake

• 1 year later...

Had this sitting in my steam library for ages and I've just started playing it the last two weeks. Spent a decent amount of time completing Leon A, blasted through Claire A and I'm on Leon's 2nd run currently, just got to the sewers.

I had no prior knowledge about the ability to activate Mr X a lot earlier in the 2nd run, what I'd done was try and rush about getting weapons and shortcuts/doors open early. Came out the stars office getting the collectibles in there and shat it seeing the big guy come round the corner :lol: Had to do all 3 medallions with him searching around + most of the zombies and lickers still alive cause I'm one for conserving ammo

• 1 month later...

I started this yesterday. Got to the part where you have a cut scene with Leon meeting Claire in the parking lot early on and I went straight back upstairs - not noticing the cutters or door that was there. Spent about an hour running about the west wing not being able to get anywhere new before I went back down.

After playing The Last of Us I miss not being able to kill a zombie by throwing a knife.

Also the bit in the library where you move the shelves is ridiculously unrealistic. You could easily jump to get to the other side if the game let you jump.

I started this yesterday. Got to the part where you have a cut scene with Leon meeting Claire in the parking lot early on and I went straight back upstairs - not noticing the cutters or door that was there. Spent about an hour running about the west wing not being able to get anywhere new before I went back down.

After playing The Last of Us I miss not being able to kill a zombie by throwing a knife.

Also the bit in the library where you move the shelves is ridiculously unrealistic. You could easily jump to get to the other side if the game let you jump.
It's a game where the living dead roam the land. I think it's safe to assume it isn't realistic* [emoji14]

* If you don't take Ibrox into account.