Resident evil 2 remake

54_and_counting

44 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Finished it with Leon, what a brilliant journey, amazing game, loved it! The final boss took a good few attempts as I had no health boosts left until I figured out how to get round that after the 28th go :lol:

Just started Claire's now, it appears to be the exact same, sightly disappointing that.

Did you do claires 2nd run? 

52 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Haha I almost made a terrible mistake and played Claire’s A run, after 10 mins realised it was completely the same and clocked her 2nd run, started that instead!

Claire's first game takes a different path as well at a point in the RPD, and a wee bit once you get out of the station, plus the lab at the end as well, 

Once you do her 2nd game you get the true ending as well mind you, 

Oh and get used to cursing a lot more, it feels like claires weapons are way shitter than leons

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Claire's first game takes a different path as well at a point in the RPD, and a wee bit once you get out of the station, plus the lab at the end as well, 

Oh and get used to cursing a lot more, it feels like claires weapons are way shitter than leons

Cool cheers, good to know! I'll do Claire's 2nd run and that'll probably be me, move on to something else! I'm an hour into Claire's 2nd run and already I know what you mean, zombies taking more hits to the head than normal and there is a lack of supply boxes and save points, should be a decent challenge!

Edited by M0rtonfc

31 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Cool cheers, good to know! I'll do Claire's 2nd run and that'll probably be me, move on to something else! I'm an hour into Claire's 2nd run and already I know what you mean, zombies taking more hits to the head than normal and there is a lack of supply boxes and save points, should be a decent challenge!

You face Mr X earlier as well if you're not careful

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Finished the Claire 2nd run, is it even worth doing the Leon 2nd run? I really don't know if I can be arsed doing the game a 3rd time, maybe go back to it next month or something haha!

Nah its just same start and item placements as claires game except for the leon only stuff, obce you hit the sewers its exactly the same apart from right at the end when leon kills the final final on the train boss

24 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Nah its just same start and item placements as claires game except for the leon only stuff, obce you hit the sewers its exactly the same apart from right at the end when leon kills the final final on the train boss

Ok cheers for that info, don't think I'll bother then, cracking game, really wish I read up on it and done Claire A then Leon B instead of the other way about, reading that's the way it's supposed to be played, makes sense really having Leon at the very end fighting the train boss!

On 18/02/2019 at 08:47, 54_and_counting said:

I dunno, I feel like the Grenade Launcher is a better piece of kit than the Shotgun (which is heresy in Survival Horror circles I guess) and I've taken to using the SMG a lot on the run of the mill zombies and I do like it as a gun - with the suppressor you can take out Zombies without alerting the Lickers which is a nice wee bonus. Hand guns probably are worse, but at least the upgrades to the SLS-60 give you a magnum equivalent (although you can only find that ammo, not make it), and the Spark Shot is cute (decent for the Adult Gs in the sewers) but you really miss the Flamethrower for the Ivy Zombies when you are desperately trying to conserve Flame rounds for your Grenade Launcher with the boss fights still to come.

49 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Ok cheers for that info, don't think I'll bother then, cracking game, really wish I read up on it and done Claire A then Leon B instead of the other way about, reading that's the way it's supposed to be played, makes sense really having Leon at the very end fighting the train boss!

Claire's is certainly the better narrative, Leon doesn't really achieve much.

6 hours ago, renton said:

I dunno, I feel like the Grenade Launcher is a better piece of kit than the Shotgun (which is heresy in Survival Horror circles I guess) and I've taken to using the SMG a lot on the run of the mill zombies and I do like it as a gun - with the suppressor you can take out Zombies without alerting the Lickers which is a nice wee bonus. Hand guns probably are worse, but at least the upgrades to the SLS-60 give you a magnum equivalent (although you can only find that ammo, not make it), and the Spark Shot is cute (decent for the Adult Gs in the sewers) but you really miss the Flamethrower for the Ivy Zombies when you are desperately trying to conserve Flame rounds for your Grenade Launcher with the boss fights still to come.

I dont feel you get as much ammo for the launcher than you do shotgun shells, plus the launcher is a lot of damage over time injuries, shotgun is instant damage, but on bosses i agree the launcher is better 

The magnum is the dugs baws though, save that for G stages and mr x finale, claire has the upgraded sls but its ammo is limited lile you say, on standard and hardcore i feel leon just has the better firepower to get you out of the RPD which is the big part 

Ive not tried it yet, but seemingly the knife is the best weapon for lickers, apparently the stun lock from the knife slice is longer than it takes to swing your knife, 

13 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I dont feel you get as much ammo for the launcher than you do shotgun shells, plus the launcher is a lot of damage over time injuries, shotgun is instant damage, but on bosses i agree the launcher is better 

The magnum is the dugs baws though, save that for G stages and mr x finale, claire has the upgraded sls but its ammo is limited lile you say, on standard and hardcore i feel leon just has the better firepower to get you out of the RPD which is the big part 

Ive not tried it yet, but seemingly the knife is the best weapon for lickers, apparently the stun lock from the knife slice is longer than it takes to swing your knife, 

Funny thing was that on the B run, with Mr X on you far sooner once you visit the S.T.A.R.S office that I tended to speed run through the RPD, lot of blowing limbs off Zombies and sneaking past Lickers rather than the stand up fight with them I had in my A run. Same with the Greenhouse - not wanting to use precious Flame Rounds on the Ivies, I tended to either stun them or shoot their bulbs off knowing they'd be coming back, but worth it to get out with a full Grenade Launcher. Meant stage 3 G was pretty easy: SLS-60 High velocity rounds to the Eyes, Flame rounds to the chest eyes. Weirdly had far more ammo than I knew what to do with, whereas on my A run I was sweating every bullet from the  stage 3 G to the Super Tyrant boss fight.

On the last pre-true ending boss fight, I couldn't decide which was more fun. The Super Tyrant fight was hard going but with that super cathartic ending with the Rocket Launcher, on the other hand a Minigun is never not fun....

5 hours ago, renton said:

Funny thing was that on the B run, with Mr X on you far sooner once you visit the S.T.A.R.S office that I tended to speed run through the RPD, lot of blowing limbs off Zombies and sneaking past Lickers rather than the stand up fight with them I had in my A run. Same with the Greenhouse - not wanting to use precious Flame Rounds on the Ivies, I tended to either stun them or shoot their bulbs off knowing they'd be coming back, but worth it to get out with a full Grenade Launcher. Meant stage 3 G was pretty easy: SLS-60 High velocity rounds to the Eyes, Flame rounds to the chest eyes. Weirdly had far more ammo than I knew what to do with, whereas on my A run I was sweating every bullet from the  stage 3 G to the Super Tyrant boss fight.

On the last pre-true ending boss fight, I couldn't decide which was more fun. The Super Tyrant fight was hard going but with that super cathartic ending with the Rocket Launcher, on the other hand a Minigun is never not fun....

Did you get the flamethrower with leon, stage 3 G literally burns while you run away from him after scudding him with half a tank of flamethrower fuel lol

Make sure you go back to the RPD for the extra fuel from the hidden treasure pictures 

Also in the B run, you can avoid mr x early on if you dont pick up the battery in the stars office, thats the trigger for him, go and get all other medallions and weapons before then, once you get the battery its a simple hop upto level 3, blow the wall, avoid him in the west storage room and head into the library and into the main hall

6 hours ago, renton said:

Same with me, the Leon A game I was counting every bullet and when I found gunpowder or ammo there was mini celebrations but with the Claire B run even though some of the weapons are slightly weaker, less save points and ammo boxes I kinda felt it was a lot smoother and easier, it did help that I knew where to go for all the puzzle parts, items etc....but yeah by the time I got to the final boss stages I had loads of health in my ammo box along with granades and ammo, was able to deal with the bosses pretty easily due to that.

Edited by M0rtonfc

53 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Did you get the flamethrower with leon, stage 3 G literally burns while you run away from him after scudding him with half a tank of flamethrower fuel lol

Make sure you go back to the RPD for the extra fuel from the hidden treasure pictures 

Also in the B run, you can avoid mr x early on if you dont pick up the battery in the stars office, thats the trigger for him, go and get all other medallions and weapons before then, once you get the battery its a simple hop upto level 3, blow the wall, avoid him in the west storage room and head into the library and into the main hall

Again same with me with the Claire B run, I realised after my 1st encounter at what point Mr X would appear, basically what corridor he was at the end of, I ended up getting caught off him and battered so I went back and just cleared out every zombie and licker before getting to his point and then was free to basically clean up most of the station before heading down his path to complete the last stages, clocktower and stuff.

Finally finished the 4th Survivor challenge with a ridiculously shite time.  Could never get a consistently good run, bits I'd do flawlessly only to f**k up after doing a bit that had been stopping me well. Kinda fell over the finishing line with hee haw health and ammo. 

Is the campaign still around the 2-3 hour mark (doing it quickly?) or have they added more story elements from the PS2?  I remember managing to hit just over the 2 hour mark chasing that S ranking back in the day.

On 08/03/2019 at 09:16, forameus said:

Is the campaign still around the 2-3 hour mark (doing it quickly?) or have they added more story elements from the PS2?  I remember managing to hit just over the 2 hour mark chasing that S ranking back in the day.

Depends how much you wanna blast through it, my first run through i clocked well over 5hrs because i was creeping around corridors and trying to stay away from mr x etc, plus i didnt go full pelt all the time because the environments etc were really bloody good and i wanted to enjoy it properly the first time