pollok 1v1 glenafton 3v0 pens Sc 1.12.18

lokforever

Superb cup tie, Pollok better looking team in the 1st half.
Glenafton in charge after the break. A draw was just about right.
Pollok goalie Jordan Longmuir MOM, 3 excellent saves in the shootout, & an even better save right on the half time whistle. Pushing a shot from Glens Joe Andrew onto the post & round for a corner low at his right hand side.

So.....the one season wonders Glenafton are out the Scottish again.

Karma is a c**t, I'll never forget the team singing fuvk the Talbot after they won the Scottish against us.

Well done Pollok [emoji106]

Classless

Remember your committee man last season against Pollok at the final whistle? Short memories....

So.....the one season wonders Glenafton are out the Scottish again.

Karma is a c**t, I'll never forget the team singing fuvk the Talbot after they won the Scottish against us.

Well done Pollok [emoji106]

Classless

Ah know who's classless ,it was fans not team who were singing about Talbot , bring back Isa to get decent Talbot posters on here ,only him ,Big Dip's and Jimbaxters worth listening to !!

Thoroughly enjoyable cup tie yesterday. In the first half we were on top and scored after some great interplay down the right but other than a few half chances we never looked like having the cutting edge to kill off the tie. Glenafton came back into it towards the end of the first half and a great save from Jordan ensured we went in 1-0 up.

After the break Glens took control and deserved their equaliser although the Pollok defending left alot to be desired it was a good header into the bottom corner. From this point on the Pollok midfield began to panic and seemed to be misplacing more passes than not. However, both centre halfs kept Glenafton at bay and Lok missed one great chance with a header into the side netting.

As for the penalty shootout what can you do other than applaud Jordan for 3 brilliant saves, the second and third in particular.

All in all an enjoyable afternoon and I thought Glenafton were a decent watch. Direct but not aimless route one and very dangerous looking on the break.

From Polloks point of view, we look alot more solid at the back and we just need to hope that Murdie can instil a bit more confidence in the attacking players, as great move for the goal aside, we looked a bit toothless.
Anyway, onwards to the next round and hopefully Carnoustie away!

Thoroughly enjoyable cup tie yesterday. In the first half we were on top and scored after some great interplay down the right but other than a few half chances we never looked like having the cutting edge to kill off the tie. Glenafton came back into it towards the end of the first half and a great save from Jordan ensured we went in 1-0 up.

After the break Glens took control and deserved their equaliser although the Pollok defending left alot to be desired it was a good header into the bottom corner. From this point on the Pollok midfield began to panic and seemed to be misplacing more passes than not. However, both centre halfs kept Glenafton at bay and Lok missed one great chance with a header into the side netting.

As for the penalty shootout what can you do other than applaud Jordan for 3 brilliant saves, the second and third in particular.

All in all an enjoyable afternoon and I thought Glenafton were a decent watch. Direct but not aimless route one and very dangerous looking on the break.

From Polloks point of view, we look alot more solid at the back and we just need to hope that Murdie can instil a bit more confidence in the attacking players, as great move for the goal aside, we looked a bit toothless.
Anyway, onwards to the next round and hopefully Carnoustie away!
Carnoustie are out.

Would image most observers would probably see ‘classless’ in jumping into a thread that had nothing remotely to do with them

Remember your committee man last season against Pollok at the final whistle? Short memories....

Ah know who's classless ,it was fans not team who were singing about Talbot , bring back Isa to get decent Talbot posters on here ,only him ,Big Dip's and Jimbaxters worth listening to !!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]  

You lot make me laugh like f**k [emoji23][emoji23]

Glens fans are raging at a Talbot fan coming on here to laugh them[emoji23]

Isa and Jb bow and suck up other teams, jb still does it.

As for the Talbot guy giving the fingers to the Lok manager, that was priceless and contrary to social media they have both settled their differences.

So to come on to a page remotely nothing to do with us is silly. You bunch do it all the time [emoji23]

Short memories indeed.

EPPP

Talbot player has previously posted derogatory stuff on twitter about glens and cumnock. That's classles. Talbot giving out Pelters left right and centre then not being able to take it back. Sore sore sore losers

One season wonders would be winning nothing for 20/30 years.. One good season.. Then back to hee haw for another few decades. Unbelievable how many times I've had to explain this to deluded people 

Glenafton as a team were fantastic and thoroughly deserved the double.  

When the footage of the team singing about F**k the Talbot then they lost any respect from me especially when a couple of their players were good servants for us. Added on by the fact quite a few Glens posters ripping into Talbot on our own site too.

Instead of Just enjoying what should have been a massive achievement the team rubbed it in on the clip.

So forgive me if I gloat just a bit.

Ps. Talbot/Cumnock bitterness will always be there. That's just the way our two towns work together.

Treble* 
Footage, show me? Seems like something that would have been viral and pretty hard to forget. Also, its banter. Fans or players or both that's a part of fitba. 
Gloating will always be a part of fitba as well, if a couldn't handle that a wouldn't be on here so soon after the game. 
Sorry treble lol,

The treble in my eyes is the League, Scottish and West.

In think you guys won the Pollok ET cup?

There is footage, it was on the Talbot fb page and probably still is.

On 03/12/2018 at 01:00, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Talbot player has previously posted derogatory stuff on twitter about glens and cumnock. That's classles.

Talbot giving out Pelters left right and centre then not being able to take it back. Sore sore sore losers

One season wonders would be winning nothing for 20/30 years.. One good season.. Then back to hee haw for another few decades. Unbelievable how many times I've had to explain this to deluded people 

What player ? Glens are a good team a lottery when it goes to the pens . Pollok keeper has had good saves in the match and done well for the penalty’s 

Archived