• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
D'Jaffo

Ayr Utd vs ICT - Friday Night Football

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to our match preview, Forrest, Kerr and Adams are still out so I’d expect the same team that started on Friday with Craig Moore replacing Finn Ecrepont on the bench. 

Strange, according to McCall last Friday they were all just about fit but he didn't see any point in "risking them", I'd have thought that another week on that they would all have been 100% ??

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

Geggan Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland Moore

Doohan
Smith Bell Rose Harvie
Geggan Murdoch McDaid
Moffat Shankland Moore

No Crawford?

I'd start with the same team, with the only change being Moore for Ecrepont on the bench. I can see them sitting in and frustrating us but hopefully we can break them down eventually. 1-0 Ayr, Shankland with a late winner.

LINEUP111544140630943.png

Hate to say it, but I think the game could/should be called off.  BBC still forecasting 50 mph winds this evening.  Can’t play football in that.

5 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Hate to say it, but I think the game could/should be called off.  BBC still forecasting 50 mph winds this evening.  Can’t play football in that.

Yeah think this could still be in doubt, to be gusting 50 at 6 and back down to 40 by kick off, would say it's probably right on the borderline.

At the end of the day if goal kicks are being taken and the ball is going backwards in the air it's just going to descend into a farce, not expecting people to be watching glamorous football on BT that's for sure.

BBC predicting 50+ mph at present but no where near that.

We couldn't play much football at Arbroath last season in farcical conditions but the game still went ahead.

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Same team as last week for me I know Kerr has been brilliant but for me Murdoch and Crawford should be our first choice center midfilders also give a McDaid his place in the team, hoping the wind does not make a farce of the game.

Only change I'd consider is McGuffie for Geggan, but that depends how strong Inverness are down their left - I admit to not knowing.

Only change I'd consider is McGuffie for Geggan, but that depends how strong Inverness are down their left - I admit to not knowing.

Their first choice left back Tremarco is out injured. No idea who plays in front of him though. Might be Tom Walsh.

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

BBC predicting 50+ mph at present but no where near that.

The currently observed wind speeds on the BBC website are the average speeds, whereas the forecast shows potential maximum speed of gusts. An average wind speed of 25mph will produce gusts of about 50mph.

Edited to add - the hourly forecast normally shows the average wind speed as well, but they change it when high winds are forecast. The difference is that forecast gusts are in a black circle whereas average win speeds are in a white one.

Edited by Flash

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

The currently observed wind speeds on the BBC website are the average speeds, whereas the forecast shows potential maximum speed of gusts. An average wind speed of 25mph will produce gusts of about 50mph.

We had a game called off against Stenhousemuir for gusts rather than the wind.  

Some memories of games against Ayr over the years.

coming back from 3-0 down at half-time to win a cup tie 4-3.

Beating them 7-3 the same season.

Losing 5-1 at Somerset with Ross Tokely getting sent off after ten minute and Paterson sending him to sit on the bus :lol:

Coming back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 in Steve Paterson's last ever game.

To be honest, it just makes me miss having Steve Paterson as our manager more than anything.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Losing 5-1 at Somerset with Ross Tokely getting sent off after ten minute and Paterson sending him to sit on the bus :lol:

To be honest, it just makes me miss having Steve Paterson as our manager more than anything.

The first two you mention were my first two ever 'long haul' away games haha.   That 4-3 cup tie was brutal.  All 7 goals at the opposite end of the ground as well so hardly saw any action!

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was at all of those games.  The 5-1 was a November midweek in 2001.  A bunch of us went down on the supporters bus after school.  In fact, we would've left school at lunchtime.

Nothing will beat the 7-0 in 2010 though.

I remember the improvised ceilidh by the pie stall at half time in that 4-3 game and thinking "eh haud on lads this ain't over yet":shutup

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was at all of those games.  The 5-1 was a November midweek in 2001.  A bunch of us went down on the supporters bus after school.  In fact, we would've left school at lunchtime.

Nothing will beat the 7-0 in 2010 though.

I didn't make the 2010 game as my dad was in hospital.  Very selfish of him to require a life saving operation that week.

I was at University in 2001, I got the train down for the 5-1 game and met my mate who lived in Ayr.  I don't think I've ever been as drunk at a game, I'm sure I was drinking Buckfast on the terracing.