Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
D'Jaffo

Ayr Utd vs ICT - Friday Night Football

Recommended Posts

To be fair, if my my club had been the last to benefit from promotion from 2nd top in the straight up 2 up 2 down from the prem, then go on to benefit from virtually every relegation permutation in modern top league history, id be pretty smug coming down to this forum too, whilst top of the pile.
And I say this absolutely behind Killie welcoming the chase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on when this is likely to be rescheduled to?

Gutted for the Inverness fans, what a wasted journey. Credit to you for making the journey though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any truth about ICT bus not turning up to 1855 and Jon Robertson heading straight in and getting the match supervisor to get Thomson to call it off, heard this from multiple people.


There was certainly a bus pulled up outside the main door around that time.

Around 18:45 we were told the ref was happy for the game to go ahead but would be checking again at 19:00, which might explain why they showed up at that time.

Can’t confirm or deny the rest of your post but the bus certainly showed up around that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Any news on when this is likely to be rescheduled to?

SPFL rules now dictate second midweek following a postponement for top two divisions unless clubs agree sooner. So unless they particularly want to do it this Tuesday I imagine it will be next Tuesday 18th.

Not sure if any intent by BT to show the rearranged game however might change that.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

With the wind it can unfortunately just be a complete lottery and change from minute to minute, it's not as easy to postpone a match for wind as is it a frozen or waterlogged pitch. At 7 the wind hit its strongest point of the day and the correct decision was taken to call off the match.

Don't think there could really have been a decision taken at like 2/3 this afternoon to call it off cause that would have caused uproar if come kick off it hadn't actually been as bad as predicted.

Think the club avoided making any earlier decision due to it being on BT so obvs wanted it to go ahead, don't know how all that works with the SFA, if they should have stepped in earlier in the day to query the match who knows or it's up to the club to get in contact. Feel though for Inverness fans who got absolutely shafted.

Bemused also by the fact it was apparently playable at 1845 but then 20 mins later it wasn't, wasn't a huge difference in the short space of time.

Its up to the club to flag up any potential problem before the match referee arrives, which is usually about 1.5 hrs before kick off. Given it was a tv game, chances are at least one high ranking SPFL official was around and certainly a match delegate who would have been there at least 3 hours before kick off and raised any concerns.

As you say though, if the issue was wind and not waterlogging then its extremely difficult to call that off early. Sheer bad luck the opposition had such a long journey.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Any truth about ICT bus not turning up to 1855 and Jon Robertson heading straight in and getting the match supervisor to get Thomson to call it off, heard this from multiple people.

A supporters bus turned up at that time , team bus was already in car park , John Robertson handed in his team sheets to referee at 6.25 , need to be in approx 1 hr before game , going by this his  team must have been there in plenty of time 

Edited by Robbo63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Any truth about ICT bus not turning up to 1855 and Jon Robertson heading straight in and getting the match supervisor to get Thomson to call it off, heard this from multiple people.

:lol:

What a load of absolute shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

SPFL rules now dictate second midweek following a postponement for top two divisions unless clubs agree sooner. So unless they particularly want to do it this Tuesday I imagine it will be next Tuesday 18th.

Not sure if any intent by BT to show the rearranged game however might change that.

Thanks Skyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

A supporters bus turned up at that time , team bus was already in car park , John Robertson handed in his team sheets to referee at 6.25 , need to be in approx 1 hr before game ,

75 mins ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rb123! said:

With the wind it can unfortunately just be a complete lottery and change from minute to minute, it's not as easy to postpone a match for wind as is it a frozen or waterlogged pitch. At 7 the wind hit its strongest point of the day and the correct decision was taken to call off the match.

Don't think there could really have been a decision taken at like 2/3 this afternoon to call it off cause that would have caused uproar if come kick off it hadn't actually been as bad as predicted.

Think the club avoided making any earlier decision due to it being on BT so obvs wanted it to go ahead, don't know how all that works with the SFA, if they should have stepped in earlier in the day to query the match who knows or it's up to the club to get in contact. Feel though for Inverness fans who got absolutely shafted.

Bemused also by the fact it was apparently playable at 1845 but then 20 mins later it wasn't, wasn't a huge difference in the short space of time.

 

In this day and age it s absolute nonsense that a decision on a game has to wait until match officials arrive at the ground and then call the game off based on prevailing weather conditions.  The forecast couldn’t have been any clearer - at lunchtime yesterday 50mph+ winds were being forecast with a yellow weather warning issued for the whole country.  What’s the point of having weather forecasts if we are just going to bury our heads in the sand and hope for the best?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-arranged for Tuesday 29th of January at 7.45.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×