Ayr Utd vs ICT - Friday Night Football

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

BT sport can f*** off as well - moving Ayr v Inverness to a Friday night in the middle of December?  Good work lads.  No consideration for the fans whatsoever.

SPFL have just sold the new BBC Scotland digital channel 20 Championship games per season on Fridays, starting in a few months IIRC.

Throw in the Challenge Cup, plus the new Scottish Cup deal which includes an extra tie from R1 to QFs (apparently on the new BBC Scotland digital channel - and therefore presumably filling the same Friday night slot), and there'll be a Championship game or equivalent on Friday most weeks.

If you want to blame a broadcaster, you really have to blame the league too, for selling it.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Top of the premier league in December come back in may!!

I'm willing to bet we will still be above Ayr in May.

Much do you want to bet?

SPFL have just sold the new BBC Scotland digital channel 20 Championship games per season on Fridays, starting in a few months IIRC.

Throw in the Challenge Cup, plus the new Scottish Cup deal which includes an extra tie from R1 to QFs (apparently on the new BBC Scotland digital channel - and therefore presumably filling the same Friday night slot), and there'll be a Championship game or equivalent on Friday most weeks.

If you want to blame a broadcaster, you really have to blame the league too, for selling it.

Is it going to be in Gaelic

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

You really love commenting on our forums don’t you?

Not really, this isn't your forum.

ETA - I'm only having a laugh and trying to pass the time at work, don't take this place too seriously Ryan.

5 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Empty? 

ETA - Are you saying the top club in Scotland are not a big club?  Just checking.

You've lucked into a top quality manager and are doing really well which i'm quite happy about. But no, Kilmarnock are not a top or a big club for me until you do it year on year.

Just now, jimmy boo said:

You've lucked into a top quality manager and are doing really well which i'm quite happy about. But no, Kilmarnock are not a top or a big club for me until you do it year on year.

Do what year on year?  Win the league?

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is it going to be in Gaelic

Only games on BBC Alba are in Gaelic. This new digital channel will broadcast in English from 7pm-midnight, IIRC.

I'm just pointing-out that between the various league deals and the cups (admittedly Scottish Cup deal is SFA's gig) there will soon be a Championship or equivalent game on most Fridays. No way Ayr or Inverness will avoid being covered, nor certain times of the season, but you can hardly blame TV companies for what they've been sold.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You really love commenting on our forums don’t you?

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Not really, this isn't your forum.

ETA - I'm only having a laugh and trying to pass the time at work, don't take this place too seriously Ryan.

1 minute ago, paulbrucerick said:

download-5.jpg

This guy gets it.

Archived