Ayr Utd vs ICT - Friday Night Football

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond belief really.  The forecast has been clear all day.  You can’t play football in 50mph winds and you have fans travelling from Inverness.  BT sport can f*** off as well - moving Ayr v Inverness to a Friday night in the middle of December?  Good work lads.  No consideration for the fans whatsoever.

I'm not just trying to be a dick here but it is quite funny if you think about it that some people will have made the journey all the way down in these conditions for absolutely nothing.  

If it had happened to one of your mates, for example, you would have a laugh about it.

14 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm not just trying to be a dick here but it is quite funny if you think about it that some people will have made the journey all the way down in these conditions for absolutely nothing.  

If it had happened to one of your mates, for example, you would have a laugh about it.

I know I was laughing when the Hamilton v Killie game got called off an hour before kick off last season, but a lot of Killie fans were in tears that they had already made the half an hour journey through.

37 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:
50 minutes ago, D said:
Pleased the game is off now. If what McCall and Robertson just said is true and Doohans kicks were going well over the terracing then the game would quickly have become a farce.

BT showed it live. Doohan aimed it at the stand from Somerset Road goal area and it barely cleared penalty area. Next effort landed about 10 yards outside penalty area but almost at north terracing touchline. Farcical conditions.

That's the problem with some older grounds.

They offer little in the way of protection from the elements.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I know I was laughing when the Hamilton v Killie game got called off an hour before kick off last season, but a lot of Killie fans were in tears that they had already made the half an hour journey through.

I was also laughing at the rage coming from my fellow fans.

From memory I was quite happy because I couldn't make the original fixture and then got to the second game for just a tenner (I think?)

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yeah but remember they would have used most of their giro getting to the game.

19 minutes ago, sophia said:

That's the problem with some older grounds.

They offer little in the way of protection from the elements.

Yes, we should have closed the roof...............

Archived