Ayr Utd vs ICT - Friday Night Football

Just now, ICTChris said:

I didn't make the 2010 game as my dad was in hospital.  Very selfish of him to require a life saving operation that week.

I was at University in 2001, I got the train down for the 5-1 game and met my mate who lived in Ayr.  I don't think I've ever been as drunk at a game, I'm sure I was drinking Buckfast on the terracing.

Extremely selfish IMO.  I trust he's constantly reminded of the fact?

Yep there was a lot of misbehaving that night, inducing from myself.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We play mostly on the deck so the wind shouldn't be too much of an issue. Anyway, it's hardly a hurricane that's being forecast so I really can't see any reason why the match should be off and it should really be no worse than the 4-4 match against Dumbarton a couple of seasons back.

True, but the Dumbarton game should have been called off.  In any case, it’s a bit of a myth that playing on the deck solves the problem - any kind of through ball will be affected.  That’s before you get into the problem of goal kicks coming back towards the keeper!  I hate it when games get called off, but the forecast really is dreadful.

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

True, but the Dumbarton game should have been called off.  In any case, it’s a bit of a myth that playing on the deck solves the problem - any kind of through ball will be affected.  That’s before you get into the problem of goal kicks coming back towards the keeper!  I hate it when games get called off, but the forecast really is dreadful.

Yes, It seems to have got worse since I last checked.

52mph winds forecast for the whole night.

Oh well, it should be fun !!

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What's the weather like in Ayr at the moment ?

I'm up in Glasgow and it's just wet, windy and generally miserable.

Just as shite but the winds are fairly strong, wouldn't say they're 60mph gusts right enough

Absolutely horrific weather atm, would say wind is the strongest it has been all day and it's bouncing.

Will definitely have an effect on the crowd, pub certainly seems a more attractive option plus people will probably be at works Xmas night out. D

Absolutely horrific weather atm, would say wind is the strongest it has been all day and it's bouncing.

Will definitely have an effect on the crowd, pub certainly seems a more attractive option plus people will probably be at works Xmas night out. D

Friday night football, Inverness away to Ayr, in December. What idiot decided that was a good idea?

42 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Friday night football, Inverness away to Ayr, in December. What idiot decided that was a good idea?

Should have been County v Queens.

Surprised nobody’s mentioned a game in 2004 when we won the league and Ayr were relegated. A 1-1 draw in a game we were expected to win but was spoiled by the wind. Ayr went ahead in 35 seconds and Barry Wilson equalised with a pelanty  although the ball kept blowing off the spot.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It's not as if it's going to be much warmer, drier or brighter on Saturday, and it's unlikely the away numbers will be much affected considering any ICT fans who wanted to go to this had to set off on Wednesday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

See you on the 22nd m9...

Think it's for waterlogging instead of the actual wind going by video AU Media have put up.

Would make sense since there's been torrential rain for the last two hours.

Appears to be the wind but it’s died down a bit.

Shite for any ICT fans that have travelled down for this if it does get called off.

Archived