Ayr Utd vs ICT - Friday Night Football

The second of our 3 consecutive matches against our top 4 rivals and it’s live on BT.

We seem to be back to our best if last night is anything to go by whereas our opponents had their unbeaten streak blown out the water by Falkirk.

I wouldn’t change our starting 11 but hopefully Kerr, Adams and Forrest can come back to the bench.

Think we’ll win this one. I’ll say 2-0.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win here would set us up nicely for the County top two clash the following week. It would also put us 15 clear in the race for the play offs.

I never thought Inverness were anything special in the game up there and was disappointed not to come down the road with 3 points in August.

Same team has to start and hopefully we'll get another show like last night for the cameras.

Would take any sort of win obviously but 2 goals will bring up our half century of goals for the season

With the move to Friday night I can no longer make it (Cheers BT) but with hindsight that may be a good thing. Ayr bodying United 5 - 0 away from home and us losing our atrocious unbeaten run to Falkirk points to only one result on Friday.

Ayr 0 - 5 ICT.

With the move to Friday night I can no longer make it (Cheers BT) but with hindsight that may be a good thing. Ayr bodying United 5 - 0 away from home and us losing our atrocious unbeaten run to Falkirk points to only one result on Friday.

Ayr 0 - 5 ICT.

That’d be delightful, thanks.

We really owe Inverness one since that horrible 7 goal win a few years back. Same team as Friday and hopefully have a few back from injury. Is Moore’s suspension over since he missed Beith and Dundee Utd?

2-0 Shankland and Moff.

After the performance on Friday night I’m buzzing for this one. Glad ICT lost their unbeaten run and as @pandarilla said hopefully it has the Bus effect’. We had three injuries (Adams, Kerr and Forrest) and one suspension (Moore) on Friday night but hopefully the injuries have cleared and all are back in contention for Friday.

Teamwise i’d go: 

Doohan 

Smith Rose Bell Harvie 

Geggan Murdoch Crawford McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs- Hare-Reid, Higgins, Kerr, Adams, Docherty, Forrest, Moore

We were terrific on Friday so see no point in changing it. 

I recall Doohan from the fixture in Inverness and whilst I don't necessarily agree with a loan system that allows an advantage where one would not otherwise exist, I couldn't help but admire his performance.

Archived