World Cup 2019 Tickets

GordonS

With the draw a week on Saturday I thought I'd look into whether there are any plans to have Scotland fans sitting together, and I was concerned in case we drew France and the game sold out quickly, so I called the SFA. The answer was "we don't know, we'll think about it after the draw." Hmm. So I tweeted the organisers and they said:

"Hi Gordon. They will. For fans who want to follow a specific team, there will be an opportunity to apply for a 'fan sector' directly through the Federation. There will be more information conveyed at the Team Workshop after the draw, so expect more news then."

So if anyone's thinking of buying tickets straight after the draw it's probably better to hold off.

There's no doubt fans will have designated sections, although they probably won't be fussy about who gets to buy them. Mrs Mantis and I went over for Euro 2017. We signed up on the Euro 17 website and got loads of updates, although they sometimes forgot to give us emails that weren't in Dutch ;)

Anyhoo, buying tickets was dead easy online, with a 20% discount if you used the 'follow your team' option. This option wasn't available for a week or two after the tickets first went on sale. We got 'print at home' tickets for all 3 games for 2 of us, which cost about £90 or maybe it was €90.

But if last year is anything to go by, you will be able to view which seats are still available, which will calm your nerves a bit. Sales were very slow at the start. Not sure France will be much different in the early days.

Later on,  once the SFA got its act together, they offered us tickets much cheaper (£7 each) but not so good seats as far as I could see. For example, for the Portugal game, we were along the side, but the SFA tickets were behind the goals. For the other 2 games, I think they were just further from halfway. All 3 games were in stadiums where you weren't allowed any movement between stands but that's typical pretty much everywhere these days. But yes, hold off, absolutely.

Edited by The Mantis

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

There's no doubt fans will have designated sections, although they probably won't be fussy about who gets to buy them. Mrs Mantis and I went over for Euro 2017. We signed up on the Euro 17 website and got loads of updates, although they sometimes forgot to give us emails that weren't in Dutch ;)

Anyhoo, buying tickets was dead easy online, with a 20% discount if you used the 'follow your team' option. This option wasn't available for a week or two after the tickets first went on sale. We got 'print at home' tickets for all 3 games for 2 of us, which cost about £90 or maybe it was €90.

But if last year is anything to go by, you will be able to view which seats are still available, which will calm your nerves a bit. Sales were very slow at the start. Not sure France will be much different in the early days.

Later on,  once the SFA got its act together, they offered us tickets much cheaper (£7 each) but not so good seats as far as I could see. For example, for the Portugal game, we were along the side, but the SFA tickets were behind the goals. For the other 2 games, I think they were just further from halfway. All 3 games were in stadiums where you weren't allowed any movement between stands but that's typical pretty much everywhere these days. But yes, hold off, absolutely.

Thing is, I want seats with the other Scotland fans more than I want 'good' seats. I'll happily sit behind the goals if it helps with a bot of atmosphere. It would be good if the SFA 1) knew that they're going to get an allocation, 2) knew what they were going to do with their allocation and 3) told everyone, so that they don't make their own arrangements and then we're scattered all over the stadiums.

And controversial suggestion - they should award points for those going, which would contribute towards getting tickets for Euro 2020 (if we make it).

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Thing is, I want seats with the other Scotland fans more than I want 'good' seats. I'll happily sit behind the goals if it helps with a bot of atmosphere. It would be good if the SFA 1) knew that they're going to get an allocation, 2) knew what they were going to do with their allocation and 3) told everyone, so that they don't make their own arrangements and then we're scattered all over the stadiums.

And controversial suggestion - they should award points for those going, which would contribute towards getting tickets for Euro 2020 (if we make it).

Ok, to be a bit clearer, it’s a bit like Hampden where they open up North and South stands, then gradually open up areas round the corners, so they can plan stewarding etc. They don’t make the whole stadium available in case it’s sparsely populated.

There should definitely be designated sections for Scotland fans, and in the beginning these will be restricted to small areas, probably in the main stand. Then as these fill up, suddenly more blocks will appear. Just monitor the stadium map daily if you’re worried...

Unless your horror scenario develops, i.e. a match v France in which home supporters treat it like a Robbie Williams concert and sell it out in a couple of days then buy up the Scotland section, there’s absolutely no problem. I can’t see that happening anyway, for the same reason I mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the c***s are just selling to anybody with a Visa card atm. 

The dearest tickets at €30  are good seats but they've restricted the cheaper tickets to small shitey areas to begin with. The Dutch did this so much better. c***s.

• 4 weeks later...

I only want to go to the Scotland match in Paris but cant buy a single ticket until "Early 2019" anyone know when these will go on sale exactly? The SFA are doing nothing to promote it even the package tickets

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I only want to go to the Scotland match in Paris but cant buy a single ticket until "Early 2019" anyone know when these will go on sale exactly? The SFA are doing nothing to promote it even the package tickets

Are single match tickets not on sale just now?

I phoned the SFA a couple of weeks before tickets went on sale - see my opening post.

I felt I couldn't take the risk so I bought individual tickets for the Scotland matches soon after the draw was made. The SFA emailed not long after saying that they'd announce ticket packages later, so I'm sure you'll be fine and be able to get one direct from them.

Apparently 300,000 tickets have been sold so far, which is pretty impressive at this stage. Quarter of them have been sold in the US. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2019 at 10:02, Lurkst said:

Bit disappointing that they're asking us to pay £50 for the privilege of buying tickets costing a total of £36. I'm going to save that cash and stick with my directly-purchased tickets.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/04/2019 at 01:33, Lurkst said:

Scotland's opener against England in Nice is now a 36,000 capacity sell out!

There are €9 Euro tickets available behind both goals and €30 tickets on the side ("Garibaldi premium")

https://tickets.fwwc19.fr/uk/meeting/184/nice-group-matches-england-scotland/stade-de-nice/09-06-2019/18h00