Weather Watch

Jambob

Remember you are all senior teams now so I would expect pitches and quality of groundsmen now to be a level above the juniors.

Presumably also inspections are also now done by higher level referees with more common sense.

I also assume these inspections are left as late as possible and not these daft day before or 9am call offs ?

Hope to see far higher percentage of games surviving than that grade :thumsup2

Out of interest do Camelon & Hill o beath likely survive a shower or two nowadays ?

I note both are at home tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Out of interest do Camelon & Hill o beath likely survive a shower or two nowadays ?

No they are not! 

Camelon are at St Andrews tomorrow.

HoB was waterlogged on October 13th but so were Gretna, Crossgates, Dundonald, Hawick, LTHV, Newtongrange and Peebles.

Otherwise the only postponements in LL or EOSL have been Dalbeattie on November 3rd, and Vale of Leithen last Saturday plus tomorrow.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Remember you are all senior teams now so I would expect pitches and quality of groundsmen now to be a level above the juniors.

Presumably also inspections are also now done by higher level referees with more common sense.

I also assume these inspections are left as late as possible and not these daft day before or 9am call offs ?

Hope to see far higher percentage of games surviving than that grade :thumsup2

Other than when most gamessage were off didn't have a game off last year. They have a pump to pump water and their was woreally doing pretty season

2 hours ago, Jambob said:

Coldstream v Easthouses Lily off, park playable but referee has called it. Shocking. Away team already travelled

Indeed, called off by the match referee, and to apparently universal perplexion and astonishment of everyone else from what I could discern. As it happens I had travelled to watch this game.

As kickoff approached it was intermittently drizzling with sunshine breaking through.

Having like a number of others extensively walked the pitch afterwards, I'm still no wiser to the reason. There was no standing water or squelchy areas and I wouldn't even have called it soft.

Far from being muddy or cutting-up, my shoes were cleaner when I walked off than when I commenced.

Fair. Beyond the frustration and inconvenience Coldstream will also have shelled out approaching £100 to officials - half fee plus mileage - and got left with a full food delivery taken for retail and hospitality. Easthouses of course have their petrol etc. (although this could be recouped from the league's travel compensation fund).

Archived