East Fife v Montrose

C'mon lads, eyes on the prize, tear yourselves away from the cup threads and back to League business. Can't believe this Thread hasn't been started yet!!!

A game we really need to win, that Airdrie defeat gave Raith more of a breathing space but also dragged us back into the mix, anything less than a win and we could go down a couple of places, assuming Forfar and Airdrie both win, and I've a feeling they both will and we don't want that!!!

Nothing to discuss, we need to win!!!

East Fife 2-0 Montrose

Templeman hattrick!!!

Like KK said this game is a must win game!! hopefully the win at Berwick Rangers will kick start another unbeaten record in the L1, this game is crucial as Airdrie go to Raith on the latest form and Forfar in fourth not far in terms of points behind us.

I wonder if DY we'll stick playing MacDee in goals or bring back Brett for this one..Me being me would bring back Brett but the sub keeper has done well considering not playing for a long time so obviously his first match he'll be rusty but im very happy than last season choice of goalies!!

Erm another bit of jigsaw will be the choice of forwards DY selects definitely would start young then end up with Currie and Kev doing the damage at tired some defenders.

However the Mo come into this match winning a replay v Annan, they aren't push overs either.

#Monthefife

Yup a game we should be looking to win.  Long or Mcdee between the sticks, has Docherty done enough to retain left back position or time to give Linton a run or revert back to Slattery. Has Watt gone off the boil a wee bit or does he start. Up front, are Dowds and Court scoring enough but are they good enough to start the game, or do we go with Currie and Smith or a mix of any two from these four.

A big game for us if we are to get back on track and get a run going. Hopefully an East Fife win.

I've said it before ,and I'll say it again, get back to the regular starting 11 that won 8 INA row. If it hurts ego's , then so be it. How many times do we have to see a team without Pat, is a team without........Pat! No idea what he brings,but it's something that wins games. Get him back in.

I would agree with getting Pat Slattery back in the team.The team should be picked on ability which was the original winning team .Brett Long another one would be better employed between the posts than warming the bench.

East Fife 0-1 Montrose
Henderson (2mins)
Montrose more than worth it, totally overrunning us at the moment, closing us down very quickly and punting it long at every chance, generally playing at 100 mph, be interesting to see if they can play at this pace for 90 minutes, but they may not have to, we are absolute dugshite today!!!

#NOMEGGATTNOPARTY!!!

Deserved lead at half time.

It is indeed, be interesting to see if the can keep up the pace in the 2nd half!!!
If they can, drug tests all round!!![emoji6]

East Fife 0-2 Montrose
Rennie (69pen)
That should be it, we've improved beyond all recognition compared to the first half but we're still playing shite, penalty awarded on a Montrise breakaway has probably killed it!!!

That was absolutely horrendous from us today. Montrose were really good in fairness but we almost looked like we couldn't be arsed.
The return of Docherty is a disaster move, captain who barely speaks on the pitch and was dire today. Court also not a football player, does run about tho

East Fife 0-2 Montrose
Rennie (69pen)
That should be it, we've improved beyond all recognition compared to the first half but we're still playing shite, penalty awarded on a Montrise breakaway has probably killed it!!!

We are playing someone at left back- who cant play that position. Currie spent most of the first half playing in the wrong half covering for him(like Dowds did previously). Need Slattery back please at LB and Dowds upfront rather than on the wing.
Missed Meggitt and well done Montrose

Well I wasn't there but the score at least has done something to ease the pain I experienced watching the most abject performance I have ever seen, which happened at Bayview during the Blackfiring Robertson Wolecki clusterfunkup era.

Thanks to the Mo today for getting all three points from what has been a far from happy hunting ground on many occasions down the years. 

Archived