• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Tenkay

The Citizens Vs The Spiders

My point is this....... Why when we beat other clubs do opposition fans always have to mention Thomson after a defeat? They literally can not handle getting beat off a club that a few years ago were playing in fron of less than 100 people. Can't any of you talk about the actual game itself? It's ALWAYS about Thomson because you need a scapegoat. 

Great point, except we beat you last month and there was plenty of chat about what a filthy nonce your club captain is. Was that sour grapes too?

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Great point, except we beat you last month and there was plenty of chat about what a filthy nonce your club captain is. Was that sour grapes too?

Not sure this is a debate for a Clyde fan to be getting involved in given who your main striker is. 

Not sure this is a debate for a Clyde fan to be getting involved in given who your main striker is. 
Apples and oranges, Anne.

Not a convicted paedo.

6 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:
11 hours ago, an86 said:

Apples and oranges, Anne.

Carambolas and rambutans would be a better idiom  for the toffee-nosed twats imo

Not a convicted paedo.
I can feel your pride in not having the most repulsive guy in the division playing for you, only the second and third. Possibly time for Clyde fans to bite their tongues rather than claim sort of moral high ground.

I find it very embarassing to hear opposing supporters shouting abuse at players for convictions they have. Anybody with a conviction has been dealt with and nobody has any right to carry out their own 'justice'. Why do people think they can verbally abuse someone because they have paid to get into a game? If similiar abuse happen in a street or shopping centre, the verbal abuser would no doubt get charged with breach of the peace. The same rules should apply at football games. 

I can feel your pride in not having the most repulsive guy in the division playing for you, only the second and third. Possibly time for Clyde fans to bite their tongues rather than claim sort of moral high ground.

You seem upset?

Nobody is claiming moral high ground here you complete throbber, apart from your good self of course. Merely highlighting a few simple facts.

Have a pleasant evening!

17 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

... If similiar abuse happen in a street or shopping centre, the verbal abuser would no doubt get charged with breach of the peace. The same rules should apply at football games. 

Same rules on botp actually do apply the only difference is that they usually aren't enforced in the context of a football ground unless politicians decide there's an issue involved that they can highlight to gain some extra votes.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

You seem upset?

Nobody is claiming moral high ground here you complete throbber, apart from your good self of course. Merely highlighting a few simple facts.

Have a pleasant evening!
Not upset at all; merely replying to ridiculous comments made by one of your chums. Are you saying that you're not embarrassed by the likes of Clyde01's contribution to any mention of your sex pest? As I said, time for Clyde fans to clam up rather than use Thomson to somehow take the heat out of their own situation. Read any ECFC v Clyde thread if you need to be reminded.

Not upset at all; merely replying to ridiculous comments made by one of your chums. Are you saying that you're not embarrassed by the likes of Clyde01's contribution to any mention of your sex pest? As I said, time for Clyde fans to clam up rather than use Thomson to somehow take the heat out of their own situation. Read any ECFC v Clyde thread if you need to be reminded.

Not sure what’s embarrassing about my contribution and at no point have I attempted to take the heat out of anything. All I have done is voice my disgust at a convicted paedo captaining a team and the attempts of Edinburgh city to hush any criticism of this (including threatening to throw fans out for shouting beast whilst ignoring others shouting far more explicit stuff).

You are the one desperately trying to draw comparisons with Clyde.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Not sure what’s embarrassing about my contribution and at no point have I attempted to take the heat out of anything. All I have done is voice my disgust at a convicted paedo captaining a team and the attempts of Edinburgh city to hush any criticism of this (including threatening to throw fans out for shouting beast whilst ignoring others shouting far more explicit stuff).

You are the one desperately trying to draw comparisons with Clyde.

Your main striker is a rapist. The comparison is clear. 

You should probably pass this new evidence on which you are basing your judgement onto the criminal courts.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

You should probably pass this new evidence on which you are basing your judgement onto the criminal courts.

This is embarrassing. Why are you trying to defend a rapist so much? Football isn't that important ffs. 

This is embarrassing. Why are you trying to defend a rapist so much? Football isn't that important ffs. 

I’m not defending him but having read the details of the case (which I guarantee most on here will not have bothered with) the least you can say is there is certainly a lot of grey areas. He shouldn’t have put himself in that position of course but it’s not clear by any means where consent was withdrawn. Probably part of the reason that no criminal conviction was forthcoming. Not comparable IMO to someone admitting to being a nonce and sending dick pics to kids.

Cool story bro

The comparison is clear aye? A potentially innocent party who on several occasions openly appealed a civil allegation and is being publicly slandered a rapist whilst keeping his head down is, according to your good self, the same as a guilty by their own admission and subsequently criminally convicted paedophile, who not only shows no sign of remorse whatsoever but indeed appears to revel in the controversy, whilst his shameless club captains him and desperately attempts to suppress any criticism of his actions all while the fans outright deny it.

The only comparison I can see is that they both relate to a sex crime. You are one concerning individual.

who not only shows no sign of remorse whatsoever but indeed appears to revel in the controversy.

What? Because he reacts to a bunch of blokes shouting abuse at him from the pitch side. Aye ok then.

Can’t believe guys are trying to point score over this.
From keeping an eye on Edinburgh city’s results, and reading the forum. It does seem to me that Thomson is now getting highlighted more than before, now Edinburgh are top of the league.
Not many people paid much attention when they were pumping them last season.
Is it jealousy that there top of the league and your not?
They have took a few years to find there feet in the senior leagues, now there making a big push to get promoted and showing ambition with some of the signings they have made.

Signing Thomson was always going to get negative comments for obvious reasons. But seems strange to me that Clyde are trying to take the moral high ground, when they have a striker that no one wanted to sign when they took a chance on him.

All that’s been spoke about on this page is Thomson, and not the game its self.

If Edinburgh want to make them captain then so be it, that’s there choice.

Just concentrate on trying to stop them winning the league, than focusing on him.

Can’t believe guys are trying to point score over this.
From keeping an eye on Edinburgh city’s results, and reading the forum. It does seem to me that Thomson is now getting highlighted more than before, now Edinburgh are top of the league.
Not many people paid much attention when they were pumping them last season.
Is it jealousy that there top of the league and your not?
They have took a few years to find there feet in the senior leagues, now there making a big push to get promoted and showing ambition with some of the signings they have made.

Signing Thomson was always going to get negative comments for obvious reasons. But seems strange to me that Clyde are trying to take the moral high ground, when they have a striker that no one wanted to sign when they took a chance on him.

All that’s been spoke about on this page is Thomson, and not the game its self.

If Edinburgh want to make them captain then so be it, that’s there choice.

Just concentrate on trying to stop them winning the league, than focusing on him.

Spot on mate, point scoring and jealousy.

Fucking hell.