The Citizens Vs The Spiders

My point is this....... Why when we beat other clubs do opposition fans always have to mention Thomson after a defeat? They literally can not handle getting beat off a club that a few years ago were playing in fron of less than 100 people. Can't any of you talk about the actual game itself? It's ALWAYS about Thomson because you need a scapegoat. 

Great point, except we beat you last month and there was plenty of chat about what a filthy nonce your club captain is. Was that sour grapes too?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Great point, except we beat you last month and there was plenty of chat about what a filthy nonce your club captain is. Was that sour grapes too?

Not sure this is a debate for a Clyde fan to be getting involved in given who your main striker is. 

6 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:
11 hours ago, an86 said:
Not sure this is a debate for a Clyde fan to be getting involved in given who your main striker is. 

Apples and oranges, Anne.

Carambolas and rambutans would be a better idiom  for the toffee-nosed twats imo

Not a convicted paedo.
I can feel your pride in not having the most repulsive guy in the division playing for you, only the second and third. Possibly time for Clyde fans to bite their tongues rather than claim sort of moral high ground.

I find it very embarassing to hear opposing supporters shouting abuse at players for convictions they have. Anybody with a conviction has been dealt with and nobody has any right to carry out their own 'justice'. Why do people think they can verbally abuse someone because they have paid to get into a game? If similiar abuse happen in a street or shopping centre, the verbal abuser would no doubt get charged with breach of the peace. The same rules should apply at football games. 

17 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

... If similiar abuse happen in a street or shopping centre, the verbal abuser would no doubt get charged with breach of the peace. The same rules should apply at football games. 

Same rules on botp actually do apply the only difference is that they usually aren't enforced in the context of a football ground unless politicians decide there's an issue involved that they can highlight to gain some extra votes.

You seem upset?

Nobody is claiming moral high ground here you complete throbber, apart from your good self of course. Merely highlighting a few simple facts.

Have a pleasant evening!
Not upset at all; merely replying to ridiculous comments made by one of your chums. Are you saying that you're not embarrassed by the likes of Clyde01's contribution to any mention of your sex pest? As I said, time for Clyde fans to clam up rather than use Thomson to somehow take the heat out of their own situation. Read any ECFC v Clyde thread if you need to be reminded.

Not upset at all; merely replying to ridiculous comments made by one of your chums. Are you saying that you're not embarrassed by the likes of Clyde01's contribution to any mention of your sex pest? As I said, time for Clyde fans to clam up rather than use Thomson to somehow take the heat out of their own situation. Read any ECFC v Clyde thread if you need to be reminded.

Not sure what’s embarrassing about my contribution and at no point have I attempted to take the heat out of anything. All I have done is voice my disgust at a convicted paedo captaining a team and the attempts of Edinburgh city to hush any criticism of this (including threatening to throw fans out for shouting beast whilst ignoring others shouting far more explicit stuff).

You are the one desperately trying to draw comparisons with Clyde.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Not sure what’s embarrassing about my contribution and at no point have I attempted to take the heat out of anything. All I have done is voice my disgust at a convicted paedo captaining a team and the attempts of Edinburgh city to hush any criticism of this (including threatening to throw fans out for shouting beast whilst ignoring others shouting far more explicit stuff).

You are the one desperately trying to draw comparisons with Clyde.

Your main striker is a rapist. The comparison is clear. 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

You should probably pass this new evidence on which you are basing your judgement onto the criminal courts.

This is embarrassing. Why are you trying to defend a rapist so much? Football isn't that important ffs. 

This is embarrassing. Why are you trying to defend a rapist so much? Football isn't that important ffs. 

I’m not defending him but having read the details of the case (which I guarantee most on here will not have bothered with) the least you can say is there is certainly a lot of grey areas. He shouldn’t have put himself in that position of course but it’s not clear by any means where consent was withdrawn. Probably part of the reason that no criminal conviction was forthcoming. Not comparable IMO to someone admitting to being a nonce and sending dick pics to kids.

Can’t believe guys are trying to point score over this.
From keeping an eye on Edinburgh city’s results, and reading the forum. It does seem to me that Thomson is now getting highlighted more than before, now Edinburgh are top of the league.
Not many people paid much attention when they were pumping them last season.
Is it jealousy that there top of the league and your not?
They have took a few years to find there feet in the senior leagues, now there making a big push to get promoted and showing ambition with some of the signings they have made.

Signing Thomson was always going to get negative comments for obvious reasons. But seems strange to me that Clyde are trying to take the moral high ground, when they have a striker that no one wanted to sign when they took a chance on him.

All that’s been spoke about on this page is Thomson, and not the game its self.

If Edinburgh want to make them captain then so be it, that’s there choice.

Just concentrate on trying to stop them winning the league, than focusing on him.

Spot on mate, point scoring and jealousy.

Fucking hell.

The constant going on about budget would indicate to me that there is a bit of jealousy yes. The fact that Edinburgh are able to bring in better players than what Clyde can, must be a sore one to take considering they have been only in the league a couple of seasons.

I can’t remember Craig Thompson getting brought up as much last season.

13 hours ago, Connor7 said:

You clearly haven't read the thread properly then.  I spoke about both, as have many other QP fans.

Clyde fans are the ones only talking about Thomson, which they have every right to, that's how forums work. It would also be hard for them to talk about a game they didn't attend  

Your point about jealousy etc is rubbish.  EC fully merited their win over us, as they did earlier in the season at Hampden. Best team we've played against in the league by a long way. In my 35 + years of watching QP I've seen us lose more games than win, I'm kind of used to it. I would criticise EC over the whole Thomson affair even if we were the ones top. If you don't believe me then there is nothing I can do about that

Can’t believe guys are trying to point score over this.
From keeping an eye on Edinburgh city’s results, and reading the forum. It does seem to me that Thomson is now getting highlighted more than before, now Edinburgh are top of the league.
Not many people paid much attention when they were pumping them last season.
Is it jealousy that there top of the league and your not?
They have took a few years to find there feet in the senior leagues, now there making a big push to get promoted and showing ambition with some of the signings they have made.

Signing Thomson was always going to get negative comments for obvious reasons. But seems strange to me that Clyde are trying to take the moral high ground, when they have a striker that no one wanted to sign when they took a chance on him.

If Edinburgh want to make them captain then so be it, that’s there choice.

Just concentrate on trying to stop them winning the league, than focusing on him.
The big difference is last season Edinburgh weren't threatening to remove opposition fans that shouted something at Thomson. At the same game the Edinburgh fans were shouting stuff at Goodwillie but none of the Edinburgh officials or stewards said anything to them. If you sign players like Thomson or Goodwillie then you are going to have to expect that they will come in for stick.

Archived