The Citizens Vs The Spiders

Guest Landan Spiv
23 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Edinburgh City as a Club and fans are apologists for a sex offender. How low can you go.

there are no arguments they can make, he was caught tried and convicted and placed on the sex offenders register. He has now been taken off the register after he served his time but that does not make him innocent as EC fans like to think. I hope the two young girl victims have a decent life despite his offence against them. Unfortunately you won’t see any compassion on here from EC re them.

f**k off. Not a single one of us condone beasts. We know the facts and Thomson is not a beast. Hearts only fired him because the sponsors were going to pull out. Why were you never on the Kelty thread when he was playing there? Funny that eh. Don't ever come on here and accuse people you don't know saying we all condone sex offenders. Absolutely horrendous accusation. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

f**k off. Not a single one of us condone beasts. We know the facts and Thomson is not a beast. Hearts only fired him because the sponsors were going to pull out. Why were you never on the Kelty thread when he was playing there? Funny that eh. Don't ever come on here and accuse people you don't know saying we all condone sex offenders. Absolutely horrendous accusation. 

"We know the facts." Remind us of the facts. What was he found guilty of? In light of what he was found guilty of, is it appropriate for him to be employed by an organisation who seek to attract young fans? 

Funny how none of you last season were saying nothing about Thomson when we were getting pumped every week.

Absolute heads gone of a statement. This board was full of things about him most weeks. Short memory there.

Guest Landan Spiv
6 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Absolute heads gone of a statement. This board was full of things about him most weeks. Short memory there.

A lot more this season it seems. When he signed yes there was plenty but wasn't a lot other than that 

My point is this....... Why when we beat other clubs do opposition fans always have to mention Thomson after a defeat? They literally can not handle getting beat off a club that a few years ago were playing in fron of less than 100 people. Can't any of you talk about the actual game itself? It's ALWAYS about Thomson because you need a scapegoat. 

Why don’t you read my post again. It was behaviour towards our fans plus the disgraceful kicking of a ball that was out of play against a fellow footballer lying injured I was highlighting. And that’s what’s good enough to be captain of your club?

And as for splitting hairs about the sex register. His criminal record won’t expire. He was 20 at the time. His victims - yes, victims- were 12 and 14. Ever wonder how they’ve turned out?

Check my post from the first game when I praised EC for their play that day. Your obvious attempt to deny this situation by hiding behind some kind of bitterness at my team getting beat is tragic. My team gets beat a lot. Every year. Don’t use that to deflect away from your mental captain or the cheating p***k who got a fellow footballer sent off by feigning injury.

Keep digging chump. You’re halfway to China you’ve dug yourself so deep.

1 hour ago, Landan Spiv said:

Funny how none of you last season were saying nothing about Thomson when we were getting pumped every week.

We weren't in the same league last season Landen, so it's obviously more relevant to us now. You're losing it mate.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Why don’t you read my post again. It was behaviour towards our fans plus the disgraceful kicking of a ball that was out of play against a fellow footballer lying injured I was highlighting. And that’s what’s good enough to be captain of your club?

And as for splitting hairs about the sex register. His criminal record won’t expire. He was 20 at the time. His victims - yes, victims- were 12 and 14. Ever wonder how they’ve turned out?

Check my post from the first game when I praised EC for their play that day. Your obvious attempt to deny this situation by hiding behind some kind of bitterness at my team getting beat is tragic. My team gets beat a lot. Every year. Don’t use that to deflect away from your mental captain or the cheating p***k who got a fellow footballer sent off by feigning injury.

Keep digging chump. You’re halfway to China you’ve dug yourself so deep.

I seem to recall there being this act:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2013/9780111019085/contents

As there as so many legal experts around on Pie and Bovril these days I'm sure someone will be able to set me right. Or at least quote the reply given in Arkell v Pressdram. 

19 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I seem to recall there being this act: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2013/9780111019085/contents

There's a big difference between a "spent" offence and a criminal record. Just because the law enables a conviction to be "hidden" from prospective employers after a certain period doesn't mean it's no longer there. The records remain active on the Police National Computer database until the offender reaches 100 years of age, so Thomson's got a way to go before his record becomes as clear as his conscience.

Guys what is happening to our game.

We started playing football under Mark with a high pressing game with pace. Now we are lumping it forward and hoping for the best. We look a team with little heart and drive. Today was terrible. We need to change things up a bit. Players are to comfortable in possession of the jersey. Mark is to loyal to guys not pulling their weight. Is he there friend or their manager. 

I here Gavin Lachlan has left as he was never given a chance by Mark. Thought he started the season excellent at right back. But credit to young James Grant who has done well. Gavin was signed as a midfielder and was never given a chance by Gus or Mark in his natural position. 

Read up on facts. Not what was in the sensationalist red tops 

Thomson pled guilty to the charges and was placed on the sex offence register as a result. How can you think he is innocent when he pled guilty?

Guest Landan Spiv
8 hours ago, The Spider said:

We weren't in the same league last season Landen, so it's obviously more relevant to us now. You're losing it mate.

I meant that about fans in general. I know Queens Park didnt play us last season apart from in the betfred

I seem to recall there being this act:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2013/9780111019085/contents
As there as so many legal experts around on Pie and Bovril these days I'm sure someone will be able to set me right. Or at least quote the reply given in Arkell v Pressdram. 

Did you buy your shovel at the same shop as Landan Spiv? The guy sent explicit images to a 12 year old child. When his case was due for review in 2016 he was so arrogant about it he went on holiday with his mates in contempt of a Sheriff Court. He shows all the signs of someone who is likely to repeat offend at a later stage of life. Somebody else's kids at risk. And your club is encouraging his mental illness. Paedophilia isn't a thing, it's a sexual preference. A court order isn't going to stop it. His behaviour yesterday clearly shows he thinks he's controlling his illness by laughing everything off. All your club is doing is feeding the beast within. But hey, as long as the darkness stays away while on your watch.

Guys what is happening to our game.
We started playing football under Mark with a high pressing game with pace. Now we are lumping it forward and hoping for the best. We look a team with little heart and drive. Today was terrible. We need to change things up a bit. Players are to comfortable in possession of the jersey. Mark is to loyal to guys not pulling their weight. Is he there friend or their manager. 
I here Gavin Lachlan has left as he was never given a chance by Mark. Thought he started the season excellent at right back. But credit to young James Grant who has done well. Gavin was signed as a midfielder and was never given a chance by Gus or Mark in his natural position. 
I don't disagree with your comments on the hopeful lump forward. We did improve when we started to keep the ball on the deck, pass and move. However I don't think heart and drive is missing. Edinburgh are a good side and we competed ok and created a couple of chances. They put more decent balls into the box, I think we need to work on preventing that.
I'll wait to see the highlights, but disappointing if Dom' s sending off was as needless as it looked.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Did you buy your shovel at the same shop as Landan Spiv? The guy sent explicit images to a 12 year old child. When his case was due for review in 2016 he was so arrogant about it he went on holiday with his mates in contempt of a Sheriff Court. He shows all the signs of someone who is likely to repeat offend at a later stage of life. Somebody else's kids at risk. And your club is encouraging his mental illness. Paedophilia isn't a thing, it's a sexual preference. A court order isn't going to stop it. His behaviour yesterday clearly shows he thinks he's controlling his illness by laughing everything off. All your club is doing is feeding the beast within. But hey, as long as the darkness stays away while on your watch.

I didn't know there were qualified psychologists on P&B as well as lawyers. The exalted company we keep, eh? 

The guy sent explicit images to a 12 year old child.

No, he sent the picture to a 14 year old (Not that it makes it any less wrong or the online conversations he had with the 12 year old)

When his case was due for review in 2016 he was so arrogant about it he went on holiday with his mates in contempt of a Sheriff Court.

No, he had to attend the Sheriff Court in 2016 because he went abroad on holiday without informing the authorities as part of his order.

He shows all the signs of someone who is likely to repeat offend at a later stage of life. Somebody else's kids at risk .

Eh? Based on what?

And your club is encouraging his mental illness. Paedophilia isn't a thing, it's a sexual preference. A court order isn't going to stop it. His behaviour yesterday clearly shows he thinks he's controlling his illness by laughing everything off. All your club is doing is feeding the beast within. But hey, as long as the darkness stays away while on your watch.

I’m not condoning anything of what he was convicted of, if anything from what I’ve read I think it was disgusting and he should have known better at 19. He was quite rightly punished by the courts and the career ramifications and stigma it caused him. The punishment has now lapsed and the courts are satisfied that he is not a risk. I’m a believer in rehabilitation and he’s just trying to get on with his life.

He’s not immediately gone and jumped back into playing football as a full time career, he’s playing for a small part time club that’s trying to make a name for itself in the lowest division of the senior leagues. The way that some fans have reacted to his signing, you would think he’s at football grounds running after kids instead of the ball. As a dad I’m more than comfortable taking my teenage daughter to games.
When he was first signed there were issues raised by fans (myself included) regarding the atmosphere for kids at future games as it was clear there was going to be abuse shouted at him from opposing fans, the club reacted by saying they would try and contain the issue which has probably resulted in the stewarding issues since. As it turns out the abuse hasn’t been that bad and is only limited to a few fans and has probably been a bit of an overreaction. This is not trying to sweep it under the carpet. Let’s be honest when fans shout abuse at players it’s mainly to get a reaction and when they do react they get vilified for it. How that is turned round to he’s clearly grooming kids is beyond me.
But anyways, you’re entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to mine, I just wish we could actually talk about the football once in a while on this forum. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Landan Spiv :lol:

There were two separate incidents on Saturday where two different QP fans were threatened with ejection from the ground for pointing out the facts about the beast. The first incident, he was about to take a free kick when a fan shouted “Paedo!” Just one word, that’s all it took for some fat steward to come plodding over and threaten to chuck him out “You can’t use language like that in front of kids” apparently although they seem to have no problem with an SPFL club being captained by a beast in front of kids. When told diplomatically where to go, the steward then pointed to a young girl standing nearby with her father as if this was some justification for his warning. Baffling logic. It turns out this was the QP fan’s niece and brother (who just laughed at the steward and told him to behave)  

There is obviously a clear directive from City to crack down on any mention of this. I didn’t see them approach anyone who was actually swearing during the game.

As for the game, can’t complain about the result, we were very poor first half and deserved to be two down. Second half a wee bit different, we had 3 great chances to score where more composure would have got us back into the game and Antell also produced a great finger tip save from Gow’s curling effort. I was right behind the goal and it looked in all the way. City are a good, strong side, definitely play off bound at the very least. Just a shame their captain is an utter c**t.  

On 01/12/2018 at 22:51, Landan Spiv said:

Hearts only fired him because the sponsors were going to pull out. 

I'd suggest that Hearts in the Vladimir Romanov era, who hired a manager who had been convicted of having sex with a child, aren't the best examples of high moral standards. 

22 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

I'd suggest that Hearts in the Vladimir Romanov era, who hired a manager who had been convicted of having sex with a child, aren't the best examples of high moral standards. 

Hearts way of dealing of it was to suspend him "as there were mitigating circumstances" and loan him to FC Kaunas. But it tunrs out this wasn't the only incident...

https://www.scotsman.com/news/shamed-hearts-star-craig-thomson-cleared-of-preying-on-12-year-old-girl-1-2678644

I don't want to get involved in the beast chat, but kicking the ball at a guy receiving treatment for a head knock isn't something that should happen, and certainly not from a captain.  Scumbag of a man.

Anyway, we could have had a draw from that with the three good chances we had.  No one to blame for our defeat but us.  WE recovered well in the second half and we can't discount that City are a reasonable side and have recruited well.

For what it's worth, whilst I didn't think a great deal of Ainslie Park as a place to watch football when the crowd's over 300, it's a great wee set up.  Pie stall, souvenir shop and bar; all good with cheery and polite people serving you.  Everyone seemed very pleasant and helpful.  Just a shame that Thomson is deemed captain (or even player) material.

Archived