The Citizens Vs The Spiders

League Leaders Edinburgh City host Queen's Park this weekend in a return to League 2 action after a couple of weeks of cup ties.

City held championship sides Alloa Athletic and Inverness Caley Thistle to draws  in recent weeks and will hope for three points here.

The Spiders lost at Cowden midweek, but had been in good form with wins over Peterheid and Clyde recently.

Should be a good game!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The old Glasgow-Edinburgh rivalry still alive and kicking, eh?

Not really. A few of us myself included have a lot of time for Queens Park seeing as our club originally wanted to be the Edinburgh version of the spiders. Enjoyed our visit to Hampden this season and your fans we met were very friendly including staff. Every club has one zoomer though(yes you an86) 

8 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Not really. A few of us myself included have a lot of time for Queens Park seeing as our club originally wanted to be the Edinburgh version of the spiders. Enjoyed our visit to Hampden this season and your fans we met were very friendly including staff. Every club has one zoomer though(yes you an86) 

Not for me either. All Jock Thamson's bairns, even Landaners who chosse to stay here.

9 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

I have absolutely zero feelings over Edinburgh City, other than than being disgusted at them for employing a sex offender.

Where exactly does flinging £600 a week at Conrad Balatoni and Danny Handling fit into copying the Queen's Park blueprint?

Guest Landan Spiv
5 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:
18 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Where exactly does flinging £600 a week at Conrad Balatoni and Danny Handling fit into copying the Queen's Park blueprint?

Where on earth did you get those numbers? Please tell 

6 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Correct my friend, everyone knows (and you especially) that our players' expenses are far more than that, which I assume was your point? Edinburgh cheapskates!

7 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:
20 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Is it £600 each or split between both players?

Asking for a friend  btwtbw.

Guest Landan Spiv
4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

No idea where the Clyde lad got his numbers from but i've heard the same from a few people. 

A whisper that has grown arms and legs then

Thought the performance at Hampden was one our best in the league this season so a repeat of that would do nicely. We’ve only got 11 or 12 fit senior players so not much guesswork when it comes to the starting line up.

Thought the performance at Hampden was one our best in the league this season so a repeat of that would do nicely. We’ve only got 11 or 12 fit senior players so not much guesswork when it comes to the starting line up.

By far the best away team I’ve seen at Hampden this season eclipsing Ayr St Mirren and Nomads all full time teams
Hope you’ve peaked but fear for QP today if we repeat midweek performance at Central Park [emoji51]

Guest Landan Spiv
11 minutes ago, Joe coconuts said:

EC are a good team but why do they dive about and kid on they’re injured, absolutely shocking decision to send off the QP player, the EC player involved in that incident should hang his head in shame

Think his second yellow was for dissent. 

Archived