Are you a weirdo?

BFTD

Are there really folk who pay for dry cleaning every time it rains?!

Mental stuff. Talking of generalisations, my original point was folk in general saying rain ruins their day, something I've never once heard someone who wears an expensive suit that they require to have dry cleaned every time it rains say that rain ruins their day. I have heard loads of other folk say it.

I don't even know where the nearest dry cleaners would be!

Why would someone wear an expensive suit to work anyway? It's nearly 2019. Most folk are long past mid 20th century attitudes. I'd expect folk who do so would surely drive and have an umbrella anyway, so wouldn't be getting soaked.

I have no problem with my cheapy George work stuff. I wouldn't spend decent money on work stuff given I simply sit in an office sending emails and updating spreadsheets. Your condescension is amusing as are your general assumptions about me.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/12/2018 at 21:25, DA Baracus said:

Mental stuff. Talking of generalisations, my original point was folk in general saying rain ruins their day, something I've never once heard someone who wears an expensive suit that they require to have dry cleaned every time it rains say that rain ruins their day. I have heard loads of other folk say it.

Why would someone wear an expensive suit to work anyway? It's nearly 2019. Most folk are long past mid 20th century attitudes. I'd expect folk who do so would surely drive and have an umbrella anyway, so wouldn't be getting soaked.

I have no problem with my cheapy George work stuff. I wouldn't spend decent money on work stuff given I simply sit in an office sending emails and updating spreadsheets. Your condescension is amusing as are your general assumptions about me.

Said the George thing as a joke, turned out to be spot on. Fantastic.

On 09/12/2018 at 21:08, Honest_Man#1 said:

The King of Generalisations strikes again. You were asking why a specific person would find it annoying getting soaked and you respond again with a line about the vast majority. 

Also, a thorough soaking requires dry cleaning of a decent suit. You can laugh if you’re strolling about in your George threads that can just be chucked in a machine :lol:

52 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Said the George thing as a joke, turned out to be spot on. Fantastic.

snob-businessman-18012122.jpg

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:28, DA Baracus said:

As mentioned before, I don't drink tea or coffee. I don't think that's weird though, but it continues to apparently astonish some folk. Some people seem to 'forget' as well, as it's just too unbelievable and I do like them, or at least one of them, after all.

In fact I don't like hot drinks at all. I like all drinks to be chilled. If I'm buying juice or water from a shop I can tell if it's cold enough by touch, and if it isn't I'll rummage through them to the back to find one of sufficient temperature. If there still isn't one (e.g. if the entire row or rows have been restocked) then I'll go to a different shop.

I don't mind rain. Again, not weird, but some folk seem to go mental about it and genuinely let it ruin their day. When I got in to work the other day a lassie said it was a 'shit day'. I was genuinely confused and asked if she was ok. She was of course saying this because it was raining. Mental how brainwashed some folk are.

Must be all that rain...

A nice suit will outlast the stuff from George many times over and be a much nicer fit as well. MnS was always a safe choice especially in the sale you could get some crazy deals.

Although TBF back in my consulting days I had a range of suits which I would wear depending on the client I was visiting.

Your George gear probably looks a bit shiny as well after a wash.

Not sure why I'd need a suit of any kind to sit in an office doing admin all day.

My cheapy stuff is just fine and has lasted for years. When it needs replaced it will be very cheap to do so.

Fits just fine as well.

Archived