Are you a weirdo?

BFTD

On 12/1/2018 at 19:49, sjc said:

I worked with a guy from Cambridge that enjoyed watching his wife get demolished by well hung black guys. 

Being told the in depth details on a journey from Leeds to Manchester wasn't pleasant and his gargoyle like features made my image of his wife even less flattering. I gave serious consideration to exiting the car at 70mph on the M62.

What junction? M62 is a fascinating! 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the map appreciation society, are you aware of the National Library of Scotland's historical map overlay?
Basically you search for a point of interest and it brings up a present day map but there's a wee slider that will allow you to fade to historical maps that are georeferenced. It's fascinating - beware you can spend ours doing so (us map freaks can at least). You have been warned!

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=20&lat=55.9791&lon=-3.7196&layers=168&b=1

Damn you!!! Once I get on my pc I'll be there for hours!

16 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I have a thing about counting. I love things that add up to 4, 8, 16 and so on.

It very much pleases me when the numbers on a car registration add up to 16, for example. I also count words on posters or on a page and am extremely chuffed if the number of words (of more than two letters, for some reason single or two-letter words don't count) is 8, 16, 32  etc.

The only number that seems to have jumped into this that doesn't fit the pattern is 18. I very much like 18 of something. For example, my Kindle shows 18 lines per page. This is wonderful and I often re-count it just to check and to enjoy knowing that the answer will be 18.

I'm really quite normal. But counting stuff is great. I do it constantly.

(The line above this has eight words of three or more letters. Marvelous).

I enjoy counting too and I always sing this song to myself while doing so...

I have a thing about counting. I love things that add up to 4, 8, 16 and so on.
It very much pleases me when the numbers on a car registration add up to 16, for example. I also count words on posters or on a page and am extremely chuffed if the number of words (of more than two letters, for some reason single or two-letter words don't count) is 8, 16, 32  etc.
The only number that seems to have jumped into this that doesn't fit the pattern is 18. I very much like 18 of something. For example, my Kindle shows 18 lines per page. This is wonderful and I often re-count it just to check and to enjoy knowing that the answer will be 18.
I'm really quite normal. But counting stuff is great. I do it constantly.
(The line above this has eight words of three or more letters. Marvelous).
But 16 is 1 + 6 so is really 7.
32 is really 5.
If you're going to add up numbers you've got to do it right.

For the map appreciation society, are you aware of the National Library of Scotland's historical map overlay?
Basically you search for a point of interest and it brings up a present day map but there's a wee slider that will allow you to fade to historical maps that are georeferenced. It's fascinating - beware you can spend ours doing so (us map freaks can at least). You have been warned!

I only found out today that you can do similar with Google Streetview. A small screen now appears on the top left with a slider if there are older views available, going back to 2008. Probably not too much to see generally in most cases but will become more interesting as places change.

On 12/1/2018 at 04:48, Black Dug said:

This is wonderful.

I once memorized pi to 722 decimal places for "fun". I wanted to get to 762 where there are six 9s in a row but I didn't have the room in my brain for the additional 40 digits. Forgotten most of it now. I'd be lucky to get to 100.

Recently rediscovered my love of mixing currants in my cornflakes. Keeps it sweet but without the guilt of sugar. 

Others - 

Volumes have to be an even number. 

Right foot sock before left foot, then same for shoes. If it’s ever left first it’s because I’m in a tent and the exit needs left foot out first.

Enter and exit by the same door in a house.

I find it odd if I’m at the football and I’m not standing in front of the usual folk I tend to see behind us. Same for either side.

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Right foot sock before left foot, then same for shoes. If it’s ever left first it’s because I’m in a tent and the exit needs left foot out first.

I do that, plus lace my shoes up in the series of x's format, with the lace on top of the x's being the one that is going towards the outside of my foot.

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Recently rediscovered my love of mixing currants in my cornflakes. Keeps it sweet but without the guilt of sugar. 

Others - 

Volumes have to be an even number. 

Enter and exit by the same door in a house.

I find it odd if I’m at the football and I’m not standing in front of the usual folk I tend to see behind us. Same for either side.

Eyes-in-the-back-of-my-head type post

When I go to Celtic Park, my season ticket entry point is turnstiles 5 to 11, I always go through an odd number turnstile, when I go to away games I always try and go through an even numbered gate.

It's very odd, OCD and even fucked up you could say but a bizarre habit I got into one season where we were pretty successful and i've kept it up ever since.

9 minutes ago, Deontay WildPar said:

I always have to clank my teeth shut when directly between two lamp posts. Also, lamp posts often go off when I approach. I know I'm not alone with this as Esther Rantzen explored the phenomenon on "That's Life". 

Lamp posts don't go off, they're designed to last at least 40 years.

Archived