Weather Watch

Hong Kong Phooey

Wednesday evening is way too early to make any confident predictions either way, hence the lack of replies so far.

The windy overnight conditions forecast for tonight might help to dry out some pitches if the rain that comes with it isn't too heavy.

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Wednesday evening is way too early to make any confident predictions either way, hence the lack of replies so far.

The windy overnight conditions forecast for tonight might help to dry out some pitches if the rain that comes with it isn't too heavy.

Cheers,seansmad :)

Related image

A weather-related fixture update for you in the West Region for Saturday 1st Dec.
Ardagh Group WOS Cup - Cumbernauld and Vale of Clyde have agreed to move the venue for their game to Westfield Park, home of Dunipace FC with a 12 noon KO. Postcode for the park is FK6 5DX

Good of the Senior clubs to help out the lower leagues.

6 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

nother weather-related bit of news for you.
Should both Thornton Hibs v Renfrew and Blantyre v Talbot suffer from postponements, Renfrew will play Talbot at New Western Park in a Premiership League match. 1:45PM KO

from  sjfa west Facebook page 

That's the way it should be and always should have been and kennie is nailing it along with the clubs, before now Mr Robertson simply couldn't work out the simplicity of provisional fixtures and it held our grade back decades. 

9 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

That's the way it should be and always should have been and kennie is nailing it along with the clubs, before now Mr Robertson simply couldn't work out the simplicity of provisional fixtures and it held our grade back decades. 

I'd just like to say at this point, that a lot of credit should go to Renfrew and Talbot for agreeing to this at short notice.

I'd also like to point out that Cumbernauld and Vale of Clyde deserve a special mention as they have taken quite extra-ordinary steps to ensure that their Ardagh Group West of Scotland cup-tie goes ahead by playing the game at Denny. This idea came from the clubs not me, but I applaud them for thinking about the bigger picture and the importance of moving the cup along to ensure that round 2 can go ahead as planned.

43 minutes ago, auldashy21 said:

As I said on the 1st December thread, can't see many games making it tomorrow, especially in and around Glasgow. Weather has been awful!

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but it was quite windy last night which would have helped dry out some pitches. The forecast from now till tomorrow morning is just showers, and mostly dry tomorrow morning from 6am onwards. The worst of the rain has passed. Perhaps the damage is already done, but time will tell.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but it was quite windy last night which would have helped dry out some pitches. The forecast from now till tomorrow morning is just showers, and mostly dry tomorrow morning from 6am onwards. The worst of the rain has passed. Perhaps the damage is already done, but time will tell.

I hope you're right. I'd prefer it if the Scottish Cup ties all went ahead as planned, as any postponements will have a knock on effect into next week and beyond.

The Cumbernauld v Yale of Clyde switch is a definite though, as they have booked and paid for the hire and the referee department are aware of the change.

Splitting the pavements in the East and forecast for next day or 2.

Cue Thornton & Carnoustie no doubt be off till February.

Downfields park that now hosts both Lochee Harp and Downfield is already a casualty again and the Harp v Tayport game has been reversed to the Caniepart.

This is possible due to it being a league cup section with home & away ties.

No such luck for any other games in this section in due course as it comprise of Harp & downfield !!!

It poured all night as well though, I was nightshift and every time I set foot outside the workshop during the night it was raining.

Archived