10 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Shite draw tbh
Tough game and the seaside in the middle of winter
Game probably be off tomorrow which will round off a shite start to the weekend

They will beat u on the Astro  but at Darvel we were every bit as good as them 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the least inspiring last 16 draw I've ever saw in the scottish Cup, its simply not the same without most of the top East guns in it, the scottish Cup is now like a world Cup without lots of the top south American big hitters in it. 

Ps. I would say the same if beith were still in it :whistle

That's the least inspiring last 16 draw I've ever saw in the scottish Cup, its simply not the same without most of the top East guns in it, the scottish Cup is now like a world Cup without lots of the top south American big hitters in it. 

And no Auchinleck mouth breathers will tell you any different....

24 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Has it not been about 9 years since a team from the East won it!?! Defo missing they “top guns” haha

Has it not been about 9 years since a team from the East won it!?! Defo missing they “top guns” haha
Last east winner was Linlithgow Rose in 09-10. Last appearance in the final was Musselburgh in 14-15.

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
8 minutes ago, BenBo said:

Last east winner was Linlithgow Rose in 09-10. Last appearance in the final was Musselburgh in 14-15.

Soooooo...... about 9 years since a team from the East last won it. Like I said. #EastCoastMassive

24 minutes ago, andy25 said:
34 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

And no Auchinleck mouth breathers will tell you any different....

Correct 

10 hours ago, BenBo said:

Only one non Ayrshire team in Pollok have won the West super premier division and an East team have won the scottish Cup sooner than a central based team have won the super West premier division title, for me the scottish Cup is still poorer without the majority of the east top guns just like the super West premier division would be poorer without the top Central teams via Central and Ayrshire amalgamation. 

Both the East and Central teams haven't had a great deal of recent success in both aforementioned tournaments but I would still rather have them for the benefit of our top competitions. 

Regardless of whether they've actually won the thing or not in recent years, the fact remains that this season we've lost - what was it, 25-30 clubs? - with perhaps a dozen of those capable of going deep into the competition every year.

As a result this year it can't help being a diminished competition to some extent...looking at the last 16 draw, I reckon six of the quarter finalists are already nailed on - there are only really two ties that look capable of going either way, which I don't think I can remember at this late stage before...

I do agree that the last 16 is a shadow of what it has been in recent years, which undeniably is down to the East exodus. However, when you see the likely winners of the eight ties, the quarters will be a strong line up if it goes to form. Therefore, it will be business as usual, with Lochee probably representing the East.

52 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

...and if Talbot want to defend the trophy they're going to have to beat Hurlford.

....or Rossvale, Hurlford are a decent side but not unbeatable. They got a hard game at Kilsyth and on the  astro i reckon this could be the shock of the round. 

Archived