The Binos v Elgin City

21 hours ago, rhliston said:

Hopefully the Board will loosen the purse strings and give KR the money to get the players he wants in to get us back in contention for a playoff spot.

We might need to move on a couple of players to free up wages for this to happen, expect as you say MacDonald could be one to move on, regarding Stewart did he not sign a 2 year contract ? If I’m right can’t see him getting moved on unless we are prepared to throw a lot of money at him to leave.

I'd like to think we could  move Stewart on,  even when fit and playing he hasn't looked the part. As he's one of the top earners on a 2 year contract it might cost us short term but freeing up a place in the squad would be worth it.  That said I don't know what else he qcontributes in training or in the dressing room.

Would agree with this, Beattie was embarrassing for you mate. I was cringing at times because he’s a player that I actually liked as a bit of a Scottish cult hero, but if he is playing like that in Defence every week then I’m stunned Price is sticking with him, he just lumps the ball up the park, is over weight and can hardly move, McHardy was getting so frustrated with him.

I thought Kerr Hay was brilliant for you though and was really surprised to see him being hooked, looked a really good player but he doesn’t seem to have played for you much.
I've said this every time Beattie is on the pitch. We've had a few slow, lumbering centre halfs over the years but they've stuck to what they're good at and leave it at that. Beattie is a complete liability and can't even seem to kick a ball properly anymore.

If he isn't dropped soon then I think it'll be jotters for Price, you can see the rest of the squad openly pissed off at having to carry him. Not what I was expecting in the slightest.

Enjoyed this match thoroughly.  It's a wee while since I last left Forthbank hoarse. The score did not do Elgin's contribution justice. They continued to push and posed a threat with 10.  Re Beattie, yes, pleasing to see Mackin have the last laugh with his goal. But Beattie still has something to offer football. 

On Stirling what pleases me most about recent games, is the fact that goals are coming from half a dozen players. Bodes well for the future.

Beattie is easy to criticise but personally thought Lowdon was very poor defensively. Don’t know whether it is system we are playing but his defensive positioning at times is terrible. Goalie had a nightmare as well. Thought going forward we were decent enough, but why is Morrison playing wide and Mcleish centre when I would back myself to score before him. He works hard but doesn’t score, hold the ball up well enough or bring others into play. I see difficult times ahead and thankfully Albion Rovers look doomed because if it wasn’t for them I’d be concerned, that’s  the only play offs we are in danger of contesting. If Sutherland goes at Christmas? Morrison back to his parent club we could be in dire straits. I like Gavin and want him to do well but sometimes wonder about selections. Of course he may have a couple of aces up his sleeve come January and my pessimism could be unfounded! God help us against Hibs! The team is obviously short of confidence and as soon as Stirling scored you could see heads going down. As for Stirling they won well but can’t see them in play offs unless things change in transfer window.

Elgin have struggled all season in defence and unfortunately Gavin Price appears to be clueless in remedying the problem. Beattie is a liability and why Wilson was not playing today baffles me. Gavin has made some  poor signings and I entirely agree with Thom and Gerry on the rest of the season. Gavin is a nice guy but his constant changes of formation in the hope of stumbling on a successful formula are worrying. Funnily enough last night I was also worrying about the Hibs game and how many goals we will lose. Normally attendance at that game would be certain but  at present I doubt if I will attend. Failure to win at home this week at Albion must surely put pressure on the Board to look for someone new.

Personally I feel the talk about replacing Price is a bit over the top. He deserves to be given the full season considering we're not that far adrift of the playoffs and  hardly relegation candidates. Bronsky is due to return soon and the Hibs game could give us some money to bring in another CB as well. We just need a bit of solidity at the back and to find some consistency from somewhere and a good run could put us right back in the hunt

I don't think Price should get the boot but to find ourselves constantly being undone by poor defensive tactical decisions on a near weekly basis is getting hard to watch, we have some great attacking players yet here we are again - midtable with a shocking goal difference. We aren't far off the playoffs, sure, but is there not more to our club than aiming to finish 4th every year?

As for Stirling they won well but can’t see them in play offs unless things change in transfer window.

Interesting as I think the league is pretty much a “much of a muchness” league and with the lads building some kind of momentum, and playing well whilst being on the ball, I don’t think we can be written off. I’m not saying we are going to do it, I happen to think we need a couple of players in key areas, but when I see yourself, Annan, Queens Park, Cowdenbeath and Berwick, I think why not?

I don't think Price should get the boot but to find ourselves constantly being undone by poor defensive tactical decisions on a near weekly basis is getting hard to watch, we have some great attacking players yet here we are again - midtable with a shocking goal difference.

It’s funny because on Saturday I said to the guy who sits next to me that there is a lot of similarities between yourselves and is under Dave Mackay. It can only go on for so long before something has to change.

Archived