The Binos v Elgin City

After the break its back to League business at Forthbank when we entertain Elgin City in their 2nd visit to Forthbank in a week. 

Hopefully we will maintain the resurgence under KR and get the 3 points to move us further away from Albion Rovers at the bottom and hopefully overtake Berwick 1 point in front of us. 

Quietly fancy our chances of getting the win on Saturday and a good performance to go with it. 

Prediction Binos 2 Elgin 0    

Last game I managed to make was the win against Berwick, what, 3 weeks ago? So I’m really looking forward to this match and seeing if we have improved further under KR & Martin Hardie.

I don’t think Elgin are anything to be feared, we beat them comfortably up there and a win on Saturday would bring us within touching distance of them (5 points by memory) and I have no doubt that if we play the way we did against Edinburgh City & Berwick, then we’ll do well.

You would fancy us to pick up all 3 points here. The boys have been playing well for each other and there's more fight in the team.

Any news on McIndoe? His trial periods up and I know KR wants to keep him but haven't seen anything.

Any news on McIndoe? His trial periods up and I know KR wants to keep him but haven't seen anything.

Couldn’t make out if he was at training tonight or not, didn’t see him, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t there.

In the Stirling Observer that we are interested in doing a deal, but if Darren Smith is fit to return, would he be a loss if he didn’t sign?

Couldn’t make out if he was at training tonight or not, didn’t see him, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t there.

In the Stirling Observer that we are interested in doing a deal, but if Darren Smith is fit to return, would he be a loss if he didn’t sign?

I've rated him in the games he's played and could be a handy player if Daz does get injured again. Think his arrival in the team has brought the best out of Jardine and McLaughlin.

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Could be worth a punt at least till the end of the season imo but I would hope we get Dylan Mackin signed up when his contract runs out in Jan, he`s the player we have needed up front since the departure of Jordan White. 

Think his arrival in the team has brought the best out of Jardine and McLaughlin.

Could be worth a punt at least till the end of the season imo but I would hope we get Dylan Mackin signed up when his contract runs out in Jan, he`s the player we have needed up front since the departure of Jordan White. 

I do actually agree with you both, but I would imagine he’d want to be amongst our highest earners and I’m just trying to think what KR would be thinking IF money is tight.

I think you are right about Mackin as well Rhliston, he’s the big one for me and it’s like we have finally found White’s replacement. Back to the wage thing, but if the money isn’t there to sign him, I wonder if KR will be able to move a couple of players on to fund it. Maybe the writing is on the wall for MacDonald and/or Stewart?

3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Pitch inspection at 8.30am tomorrow.

Hopefully just a precaution due to the distances involved for the traveling Elgin Team. Fingers crossed it goes ahead weather forecast is good, no rain forecast for the afternoon, gives the pitch a chance to dry out. 

I do actually agree with you both, but I would imagine he’d want to be amongst our highest earners and I’m just trying to think what KR would be thinking IF money is tight.

I think you are right about Mackin as well Rhliston, he’s the big one for me and it’s like we have finally found White’s replacement. Back to the wage thing, but if the money isn’t there to sign him, I wonder if KR will be able to move a couple of players on to fund it. Maybe the writing is on the wall for MacDonald and/or Stewart?

Hopefully the Board will loosen the purse strings and give KR the money to get the players he wants in to get us back in contention for a playoff spot.

We might need to move on a couple of players to free up wages for this to happen, expect as you say MacDonald could be one to move on, regarding Stewart did he not sign a 2 year contract ? If I’m right can’t see him getting moved on unless we are prepared to throw a lot of money at him to leave.

28 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Talking of Mark Stewart, is he out injured? Not seen him in donkeys.

Yes out injured not expected to be fit until after Xmas, same with Lee Hamilton. Hopefully when we get both back it will strengthen the squad in the run in to the Playoffs :thumsup2

Good win for us today feared the worst after 20 mins by going 2-0 down but in the past we would have rolled over and lost this one but NOT under KR, we just dug in and to be 3-2 up at halftime speaks volumes for our team spirit just now. 

2nd half Elgin had a couple of chances but we held firm and the sending off helped us to gain control of this game and the 4th goal by Darren Smith summed up our day and it was made better by a sweet turn and shot by Dominic Docherty to make it 5-2 . 

Great team performance today after a poor start in the first 20 minutes, though the 1st Elgin goal was a tad offside but will have to see the highlights to make sure. 

Wow, so proud of the lads tonight. The opening 20 minutes, we were as poor as we were under Dave Mackay. Sutherland & Hay were terrorising our backiline and it was no surprise when they went 1-0 up do to their good link up play, and then poor Defending cost us another goal, only minutes after.

At that, I thought we were in for a long afternoon, all I could see was Elgin stretching their lead. I had no idea how to change it, other than hook the entire starting 11, but thankfully that’s where me and KR are different and why he’s Stirling Albion manager and i’ll never be, he guickly shouted the instructions onto the park and as soon as Darren Smith scored, you just knew we weren’t going to loose the match and Elgin really looked rattled.

When Neil “Archie Gemmill” McLaughlin made it 2-2, it was exactly what we deserved.

When we are on the ball, at teams we’re a joy to watch, we really are and in Mackin we have a Striker that causes panic as soon as the ball is in the box. I’ve said it before today and i’ll say it again, but we’ve got to get him tied down to a longer deal, especially when, in Darren Smith, we have someone who can read his flicks and knock downs.

Elgin really looked to be on the ropes and tried every trick to just see out the half, and the ironic thing about Beattie (how big is he by the way......I hate Herbalife and I was told he makes a fortune selling it, well if that’s what it does to you then I’ll continue to hate it, the guy fat as......) is that, after conning the Ref into booking Mackin, his header sets up the chance that Mackin scores from minutes later.

The Second Half never really lived up to the excitement levels of the first, but that’s probably a good thing, but the straight Red Card for Lowdon raised a few eyebrows. It looked extremely harsh to me, but I can only imagine that the ref has deemed his elbow to be aggressive and has sent him off. It worked in our favour but no doubt it was harsh.

The transformation in this team is unreal, it just goes to show you the importance of a good manager. I don’t know what the key is but I wish I knew it.

I was chatting to Thunder Road briefly afterwards and we both said that we have been proved wrong as we both felt that another rookie was the wrong direction to go when Mackay was sacked, but fair play, this one is going swimmingly and it’s so hard not to get carried away when you see a team playing like that and with the way things have gone so far.

Keep it up lads. The boys are back! It’s about time some of the stay away fans also came back to shout the lads to victory.

Shambolic defending cost us. Thought we were the better team for considerable spells.

Would agree with this, Beattie was embarrassing for you mate. I was cringing at times because he’s a player that I actually liked as a bit of a Scottish cult hero, but if he is playing like that in Defence every week then I’m stunned Price is sticking with him, he just lumps the ball up the park, is over weight and can hardly move, McHardy was getting so frustrated with him.

I thought Kerr Hay was brilliant for you though and was really surprised to see him being hooked, looked a really good player but he doesn’t seem to have played for you much.

Archived