Albion v Cowden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Any news from Ulrika on the weather/pitch front?

Can I be confident of heading to Cliftonhill or possibly start thinking seriously about me Plan B of Kilmarnock-Hibs and, more importantly, a Wimpy?!

Post on the Rovers forum asking for fans to come along and fork the pitch tomorrow morning.

A wimpy last time I had one of those was in Dingwall 10 years ago or so:lol:

49 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Post on the Rovers forum asking for fans to come along and fork the pitch tomorrow morning.

Surely room for a Wimpy article in a future Blue Brazilian, Andy? I've worked a couple of references into FCUM Review over the last few years - and gave Wimpy in Tamworth when I've visited with FC over the last few years far more money for burgers than I would care to imagine... but frigginell a Wimpy. It's that blast from the past you don't get anymore... and certainly a great alternative to spending the afternoon in the Killie one if Cowden's off tomorrow! And I don't even eat, but the reason for my desperation on the Wimpy front almost ended when Tamworth got relegated last season, and we helped send them down!

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

What time did it say Andy?

32 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Cowdenbeath playing quite well right now, but odds are evens to win, seems generous to me? I’m interested for betting purposes to know you lads think of that.

It’s 2 teams in the bottom half of the lower league. We are better placed but away from home and the game was a draw at ours recently so not a lot in it overall.

10 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Can mind wimpy near Goth

Yeah. There was a Wimpy on the high street in the 70's, just along from Goth at the time. You used to get Marvel superhero stickers in promotions with the burgers and would you believe it, I still have some of these in a box in the loft.

Central Park is no bowling green but that Cliftonhill pitch is one of the worst I've seen.

Poor game of football and a draw was probably a fair result. Albion didn't threaten McGurn but we didn't take the few chances that we had.

No complaints about the penalty or the sending off. Both correct decisions.

Shite draw but probably fair.

cant recall Mcgurn making a save but we weren’t really good enough to win the game either.

we are still lacking the quality in the final third that the top 3 have. 

Also find it strange that Swann can’t get on the pitch in that squad/ game .

No complaints with a point yesterday for Cowden, between two teams who were poor in front of goal. Still, a good day out had by our crowd and yet another newcomer to the Cowden Reds. Also good catching up with some of the travelling fans during the match. Now it's just a case of awaiting the date for the cup game before I know when I'll be next up for a game, but pleased to maintain my unbeaten away league record and, looking at the table, I'd have taken that position by this stage at the start of the season, so onwards and upwards Cowden!

5 hours ago, Drifter said:

No complaints with a point yesterday for Cowden, between two teams who were poor in front of goal. Still, a good day out had by our crowd and yet another newcomer to the Cowden Reds. Also good catching up with some of the travelling fans during the match. Now it's just a case of awaiting the date for the cup game before I know when I'll be next up for a game, but I missed you yet again on Saturday was looking out and second half came down to the terracing to have a look but couldn't see you spent the second half standing on terracing withpleased to maintain my unbeaten away league record and, looking at the table, I'd have taken that position by this stage at the start of the season, so onwards and upwards Cowden!

I missed you yet again on Saturday was looking out and second half came down to the terracing to have a look but couldn't see you spent the second half standing on terracing with @Cowden_T.I.D hopefully get the chance to meet up soon mate really appreciate your backing as I know does all the Cowden faithful

Archived