East Fife v The Famous - Scottish Cup 4th Round

vikingTON

Couldn't have been that many, attendance was 904 and our end was roughly 4/5's full!!![emoji848]

Maybe it was the "Magic of the Cup", like when we played at Ibrox a few seasons ago in front of a full house and yet the attendance was only 22,000???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't have been that many, attendance was 904 and our end was roughly 4/5's full!!![emoji848]
Pretty sure the attendance figures are made up to stop the club from having to spend extra fees on police. Looks a lot more than 903 from this picture20190119_182345.jpg

I will probably get shot down for this next statement, but I honestly feel this is the best squad we have had at Bayview mk 2. I have witnessed more football watching this team, than I have for at least 20 years. We should be happy with anyone in the draw, and feel a certain level of "we can do this"

Good result for and our 3rd Championship team that has been disposed of.

Teams will now want to play us, as out with Auchlinleck we are the lowest ranked team left to definitely be in to the last 16 (Cowden & Stenny still have to make it through).

Money spinner or another Championship Diddy team at Bayview please.

Well that was fully merited but to be honest exactly what I expected today. Told everyone at our hospitality table that it would be 2-1 & yes I put the lottery on for tonight.
Craig Watson told me after the game that Brett Long save from Telfers inswinging free kick was the best he had ever seen. Can’t wait to see the GoPro footage of it.
Only downside for me was SOME of our fans booing the substitutions. Surely everyone must realise by now that Darren & Tony know what they are doing. Tonks had run himself into the ground & Aggy had missed last week’s game thru injury. The substitutions were spot on. It’s a squad game & we have a fantastic squad.

Well that was fully merited but to be honest exactly what I expected today. Told everyone at our hospitality table that it would be 2-1 & yes I put the lottery on for tonight.
Craig Watson told me after the game that Brett Long save from Telfers inswinging free kick was the best he had ever seen. Can’t wait to see the GoPro footage of it.
Only downside for me was SOME of our fans booing the substitutions. Surely everyone must realise by now that Darren & Tony know what they are doing. Tonks had run himself into the ground & Aggy had missed last week’s game thru injury. The substitutions were spot on. It’s a squad game & we have a fantastic squad.
Totally agree about the booing. It was obvious Tonks was putting in a shift and a half. I assume him running himself into the ground and coming off early was the plan from the start. Bit more faith in the management has been earned by now.

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:
14 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

Cowdenbeath at home in the next round, then Stenny at home in the quarters before meeting Auchinleck Talbot in the semis !

Leaving the simple task of walking over Raith again in the final.

We're due a win against you lot!

Braw results for the right side of Fife today. 

IMG_3658.thumb.jpg.77b6d046cc7918944150637901f454f8.jpg

With that being the last 16 (once replays are done)

If you could choose one team to get who would it be and why?

Got to be Hibs at Easter Road for me. I live in Edinburgh, all of my in-laws are big Hibees and a big money spinner for the squad.

I either want a big money away match (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen) or a winnable match at home (Auchinleck, Partick).

21 minutes ago, westcoastfifer said:

Got to be Hibs at Easter Road for me. I live in Edinburgh, all of my in-laws are big Hibees and a big money spinner for the squad.

I either want a big money away match (Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen) or a winnable match at home (Auchinleck, Partick, Raith).

FTFY!!!

Totally agree about the booing. It was obvious Tonks was putting in a shift and a half. I assume him running himself into the ground and coming off early was the plan from the start. Bit more faith in the management has been earned by now.
It was exactly the same game plan as last week regarding Tonks, I guess the boo boys don't really follow the team away from home. ( Dons tin hat)

Anywhere but greyskull, don't want to go back there even if it meant a decent payday

Nah, if it means a decent payday and therefore the wages for additional players or for the Club in general, you would just have to grin and bare it!!!

Archived