East Fife v The Famous - Scottish Cup 4th Round

vikingTON

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/11/2018 at 21:49, virginton said:

A tie that we should be winning to get through to the next round but there's no telling what Morton side will turn up at the moment. If it's the same rabble that turned out in our last two games then East Fife will probably turn us over here. 

I'll go for a 3-1 away win and a deeply savoury red pudding supper.

Image result for alex salmond savoury

Just stop posting ya fucking fanny.

On 18/01/2019 at 07:50, Dunning1874 said:

In the event that we do lose, I look forward to hearing how Johansson is blameless because the squad he inherited can't possibly compete with a League One side.

Any happy clapping morons want to give this a go?

Fully deserved and entirely predictable win for East Fife. If Johansson is still Morton manager on Monday then the board can f**k off with him when he inevitably goes in a few weeks time.

On 18/01/2019 at 11:41, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We did not win the league that year 'effortlessly'... we were all over the place at certain points, with away losses at Brechin, Stenhousemuir, Airdrie among others... not to mention the mighty Spartans...

Forget the 'Johansson v. unbalanced squad' thing: my main worry is that we're sometimes a bit of a soft touch. No room for that here (no room for it anywhere in fact). Just give us a back-to-basics, match them for dig kind of performance, which should mean our better quality takes us through.

3-1 the Ton (McShug, Tidser and -- God forgive me -- Thomson)*

* Subject to Gaston being fit; if Scully plays, we're odds on to get beat.

Take it that’s a wind up better quality players if you seen one bit of quality in a Morton shirt today I’d like to know who you are talking about. 

On 13/01/2019 at 12:58, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I have my concerns for this one. We don't seem to be able to play on the front foot under JJ, and surely he won't be going away to a side a division below and sitting in in the the manner that we have been of late? Pace is badly needed in this team, fingers crossed we can get a few deals done this week. Heaven forbid if we do lose, because JJ will be under massive pressure if we do.

Yep. 

As Mike Dean would say, off you pop JJ. 

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

Take it that’s a wind up better quality players if you seen one bit of quality in a Morton shirt today I’d like to know who you are talking about. 

No doubt the players are better... that’s why it’s so embarrassing and unacceptable to lose.

I did also say we’re a soft touch... and we are.

Congratulations on your win...

Hardest working East Fife team I've seen in many, many years. We were absolutely magnificent today. Even though Morton just marginally had a bit more quality with the ball at their feet, we chased them down non-stop, kept them under pressure and never once looked like giving up. Hope we're rewarded with a big away fixture in the next round...we deserve it! Sizeable away support today as well which was good to see as it makes a much better atmosphere at Bayview. Mon the Fife!

Hardest working East Fife team I've seen in many, many years. We were absolutely magnificent today. Even though Morton just marginally had a bit more quality with the ball at their feet, we chased them down non-stop, kept them under pressure and never once looked like giving up. Hope we're rewarded with a big away fixture in the next round...we deserve it! Sizeable away support today as well which was good to see as it makes a much better atmosphere at Bayview. Mon the Fife!

Couldn't have been that many, attendance was 904 and our end was roughly 4/5's full!!![emoji848]

Archived