East Fife v The Famous - Scottish Cup 4th Round

vikingTON

A tie that we should be winning to get through to the next round but there's no telling what Morton side will turn up at the moment. If it's the same rabble that turned out in our last two games then East Fife will probably turn us over here. 

I'll go for a 3-1 away win and a deeply savoury red pudding supper.

Image result for alex salmond savoury

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like a long time ago since we played Morton. I remember the season when we were both going for the title, must have been 2003 season. Morton will go in as favourites but we’ve already beaten Patrick Thistle and QOTS at Bayview so no reason why we can’t beat another Championship team.

Everyone seems confident as Qots fans were of taking us to the tall ship and skinning us 4-0 on this page, hows Greenock doing in the league above and without Duffy as your manager and having teams like falkirk and thistle where making alloa look good in your league doing:lol:

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

It feels like a long time ago since we played Morton. I remember the season when we were both going for the title, must have been 2003 season. Morton will go in as favourites but we’ve already beaten Patrick Thistle and QOTS at Bayview so no reason why we can’t beat another Championship team.

Yeah, the last time the toon came to New Bayview was when both team scored. Liam Buchanan i think scored twice that day for us (I think he did) but the 2003 game was when both teams kicked about in the old division name of Division three and we had big Kenny D and Jim Moffat era we missed out on the title that season and won promotion on the last day, i was the ball boy that day we lost to Morton at home and to this day it dashed us for the title by losing that game to win the league than promoted via runners up.  Like you mention theres no fear playing morton or any team they throw at us....

The last time we played in Methil was actually in the League Cup at the start of the 2013/14 season - Morton losing a two goal lead in normal time before winning out in extra time quite comfortably.

The winners would go on to hound Celtic in their own, horrible bin in the Third Round while also getting relegated in disgrace as the worst full-time side in Scottish football history - at least until the Falkirk 2018/19 vintage arrived.

6 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Everyone seems confident as Qots fans were of taking us to the tall ship and skinning us 4-0 on this page, 

Everyone being 2 Morton fans who posted before you, one of them saying we could struggle. 

Used to love the games against Morton back in the Jim Moffat days. For sheer drama 02/03 is still the best season I've had supporting East Fife. Morton were the only fuckers we couldn't beat that season.

That was around the time when I started following East Fife properly, we were known as the LA Lakers too I remember. Doesn’t feel 16 years ago though.

"Rowan Alexander is a c**t"

Always remember that written on the wall in the bogs at the Old Bayview!!!

Ahhh, halcyon days!!!

• 1 month later...

This is going to be a hard game for us for sure! As mentioned we've deservedly beat 2 championship teams this season and Morton will be well aware of that! Will Morton bring a good support? I'm hopeful this will attract a decent crowd and fingers crossed for a good old fashioned cup tie with a wee upset on the cards! Mon the Fife

2 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:

This is going to be a hard game for us for sure! As mentioned we've deservedly beat 2 championship teams this season and Morton will be well aware of that! Will Morton bring a good support? I'm hopeful this will attract a decent crowd and fingers crossed for a good old fashioned cup tie with a wee upset on the cards! Mon the Fife

I hope there's an upset too, I'd like to see Morton get deep into the cup for a change.

I have my concerns for this one. We don't seem to be able to play on the front foot under JJ, and surely he won't be going away to a side a division below and sitting in in the the manner that we have been of late? Pace is badly needed in this team, fingers crossed we can get a few deals done this week. Heaven forbid if we do lose, because JJ will be under massive pressure if we do.

Was looking forward to game before Saturdays tacticle masterpiece. 

I dare say the mad 240 will make the trip. In the balance for me might wait for the replay, then again missed the Peterhead games so must get the 2018/19 cup game off my bucket list so better go then.

Sadly not much of a fan of one sided stadia.

2-2  will do me.

Rory Currie has extended his loan from Hearts until the end of the season which is good news.

Morton will be favourites to win this, but no reason why we can’t add another Championship team to our list of scalps this season, we are in good form with I think only Agnew a doubt. I caught a bit of the Morton v Ross County game a few weeks back and they didn’t particularly impress me so nothing to fear.

Archived