Dumbarton vs Brechin

11 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Just wanna see that turn from Thomas before Paton blasted over again.

Could probably produce a 10 minute highlight package on the 1 player alone tbh

That was unbelievable. There's absolutely no way it should've been possible. I've still not got a clue what on earth he did - and I doubt the Brechin defender does either.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps our lot were thinking more about what they were going to wear to Dublin last night than trying to play any kind of football.  Shocking all round with  only Tapping  and perhaps Orsi deserving any credit for effort.   However,   take nothing away from the Sons performance especially in the second half .  Could have been double figures with the chances they missed.

Pretty gutted I missed it, it sounds like we were excellent.

What a truly bizarre team we are. We can go from looking like an absolute gang one week to dominating games with free flowing, attacking football the next.

I'm glad to see Forbes was further up the park and Gallagher was up top. Hopefully Duffy sticks with that going forward.

I'd pump Dom Thomas rotten FWIW.

If it's the Toy Dolls' version, that's more than acceptable.

As I'm sure [mention=18509]Always the Sons[/mention] will agree.

Absolutely! Looking forward to see Baz and the boys on March 9th hope to see you there. It always makes me smile when I think of the Toy Dolls cover of the Devil went down to Scunthorpe.

Great performance yesterday from the whole team. As everyone says Dom Thomas is a different class. He must give the players a big lift . It would be great to hold onto him for the rest of the season and maybe performances like that will get people through the turnstiles. Yesterday’s crowd seemed a bit low and I’m sure the club will need bigger crowds than that to afford him.

One dilemma JD may have after yesterday is that Stuart Carswell performed pretty well in a new role, but maybe we need to see him against a more demanding attack to judge whether we have unearthed a new centre back.

I also thought Dyer turned in a decent shift, as did Seagal and just maybe if we could field consistent line-ups we can generate some momentum.

As BBPF points out though, you never know what we'll be up to, so let's just concentrate on Airdrie for now [emoji815]

One dilemma JD may have after yesterday is that Stuart Carswell performed pretty well in a new role, but maybe we need to see him against a more demanding attack to judge whether we have unearthed a new centre back.

I also thought Dyer turned in a decent shift, as did Seagal and just maybe if we could field consistent line-ups we can generate some momentum.

As BBPF points out though, you never know what we'll be up to, so let's just concentrate on Airdrie for now [emoji815]
Duffy stated on the hedge highlights that although Carswell done well, that hes not a natural centre back, so I suspect that isn't a long term role.

What was up with Perry yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

He's not been seen for about 4 yrs mind you...our mascot

M.I.A

:(

Pellie is still very much present at games. He's just been "medicated" since he caused a near riot against Morton when he decided to bare his fluffy grey arse at them.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12420337.bare-faced-cheek-leaves-pellie-the-elephant-sacked/

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Pellie is still very much present at games. He's just been "medicated" since he caused a near riot against Morton when he decided to bare his fluffy grey arse at them.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12420337.bare-faced-cheek-leaves-pellie-the-elephant-sacked/

Reminded them too much of their wives.

Finally got round to watching the highlights and those 2 Gallagher goals show a real strikers instinct IMO. The first one in particular he just knows to get the slightest of touches on it to turn it in. I'll be gutted if we end up sticking him out wide again, we desperately miss that natural instinct up the park when he's being deployed on the wing. Beany gets into decent positions and works hard but he seems to really struggle putting the ball in the net and Paton just isn't a striker.

I know Forbes had a ripper of a season out wide with Morton but with him playing through the middle we just look so much more balanced as a team. I think for us, in our current situation and with the players we currently have at our disposal, him playing centrally suits us better. Hopefully Duffy sticks with that as well.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Finally got round to watching the highlights and those 2 Gallagher goals show a real strikers instinct IMO. The first one in particular he just knows to get the slightest of touches on it to turn it in. I'll be gutted if we end up sticking him out wide again, we desperately miss that natural instinct up the park when he's being deployed on the wing. Beany gets into decent positions and works hard but he seems to really struggle putting the ball in the net and Paton just isn't a striker.

I know Forbes had a ripper of a season out wide with Morton but with him playing through the middle we just look so much more balanced as a team. I think for us, in our current situation and with the players we currently have at our disposal, him playing centrally suits us better. Hopefully Duffy sticks with that as well.

Encouraging thing for me was Duffy's interview, he mentions the squad looking much more balanced with the way we were set up and seemed to want to play Forbes in the middle of the park.  That shows me that Duffy can adapt, he's not just going to throw Forbes out on the right because that's where he done well for him previously, he'll use him where this squad needs him most. My only worry with Forbes and Hutton playing together is mobility. Tapping got free from them a few times on Saturday and I worry that against pacier teams we'll struggle in there. However, it's the best we can do at the moment, so we should stick with it.

Archived