Dumbarton vs Brechin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Would u like help in flooding the pitch for every home game between now and January? At least until Jim Duffy gets some players in, no games = no losses. Sure we could even get the young team in on the act emoji23.png

f**k sake , not another Falkirk scenario ??  Hartley tried that last year. 

Team News: Craig Barr (knee) and Grant Adam (back) are ruled out of tomorrow's match, with both still on the long-term injury list. Rory Loy and Ryan Thomson remain doubtful and late checks will be made on both. Dom Thomas, who was ineligible for last week's Scottish Cup tie is added to the squad and Iain Russell also faces another test on his fitness before deciding if he can play.

44 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Team News: Craig Barr (knee) and Grant Adam (back) are ruled out of tomorrow's match, with both still on the long-term injury list. Rory Loy and Ryan Thomson remain doubtful and late checks will be made on both. Dom Thomas, who was ineligible for last week's Scottish Cup tie is added to the squad and Iain Russell also faces another test on his fitness before deciding if he can play.

That doesn't actually look as bad as I thought it would. I'm glad that both Loy and Thomson look as if they will be back soon. I don't think I would risk playing them this week though and reigniting their injury. Give the doubtfulls another weeks training to be safe. Great to have Dom available again as he is just about the only player that looks remotely dangerous. Should be raring to go having not played last week aswell.

Not sure who our keeper will be this week, thinking it might be McGowan though.

Who knows what Duffy will select, but I'd go something like this...

McGowan

Ballantyne ----- Dowie ----- Perry ----- Dyer

Hutton --------- Allardice

Thomas --------Forbes ------------ Barr

Gallagher

6 minutes ago, super-son said:

Not sure who our keeper will be this week, thinking it might be McGowan though.

Who knows what Duffy will select, but I'd go something like this...

McGowan

Ballantyne ----- Dowie ----- Perry ----- Dyer

Hutton --------- Allardice

Thomas --------Forbes ------------ Barr

Gallagher

Given the Tinkerman's* previous selections I'll go with Gallacher wide and Forbes up front. Or in goal.

*As in selection tinkering, not a Bankie sense.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Has Allardice ever looked good when he's played Central Midfield?

I'd like to see him there, he looks quite a tidy player and good at breaking up play. Not convinced he's a centre half at all. The problem is though that we have Carswell, Hutton and to an extent Spencer who offer virtually nothing going forward, so adding another to that pool isn't really what we need.  Amazing that with all those defensive midfielders in the squad supposedly protecting our defence we still have the worst defence in the league.

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All I can say is, let's hope McGowan doesn't get injured tomorrow.

To be fair, an outfield player in goal is pretty much the only thing we've been missing this season. Fully expecting that to happen tomorrow if we don't get another 'keeper signed up.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

What ever happened to that really young keeper we had in the squad a few years ago? I forget his name, but I remember him being on the bench in a 4-2 win at Cowdenbeath.

Lumsden?

Think he may have went into Junior/Amateur football.

47 minutes ago, microdave said:
50 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
Lumsden?
Think he may have went into Junior/Amateur football.

He signed for Clydebank when he left us. Not sure whether he's still there or not.

He left the Bankies in the Spring. Headed to Cyprus for a job over there where there was prospects of a career. Nice lad with a great attitude. Surprised the Sons let him go, but I guess symptomatic of life at the time.

Archived