Dumbarton vs Brechin

We've struggled to hold back the hoards of fans wishing to discuss this one so far, but the time has now come for us to spill our excitement onto this thread.

Dumbarton fans will just be hoping that the team that tanked East Fife 4-0 turns up, I'm now past the point of caring who plays where and I just want 11 players leaving everything out on the pitch to try and get the win. A win here would take us above Brechin.

Brechin have had a similar season to ourselves, although not quite as bad. Assuming they'll be hoping that the team who dicked Forfar 4-0 will turn up too. An entertaining, high scoring match could be on the cards.

Away from the football side, Brechin fans are welcome to join us in Bar'72 in the home end before the match - we'll have local man Paul Shearer supplying some music for us from 2pm.  Entry to the bar is through the home end turnstile and a steward will take you to the away end about 10 to 3.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just pleased that we have a few home games coming up. I seem to have spent an awful lot of time travelling to away games recently - so a nice wee collection of home matches between now and January is very welcome. Especially given how rancid we've been on the road.

I'd imagine Duffy will have another 'keeper brought in this week, so it'll be interesting to see if McGowan is handed the #1 jersey - or if he's bumped aside again for another loanee. I guess it depends on the calibre of the player we bring in.

Repeat of the Stenny performance with us scrapping out an ugly 2-1 win (preferably with another Dom Thomas wondergoal) would be absolutely ideal. Be nice to have more than one fit outfield sub too.

13 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

By the way, Paul Shearer is excellent. I've played support to him a couple of times. I thought he was in Australia - must be back.

He's been back for a while, sent home from Australia after a short time in jail for busking on a tourist visa! :lol:

You lot don't have much faith in me. Picture was taken at midday. 
20181129_120130.thumb.jpg.b6651745e63cf8d17b64e5babb89190c.jpg
Would u like help in flooding the pitch for every home game between now and January? At least until Jim Duffy gets some players in, no games = no losses. Sure we could even get the young team in on the act [emoji23]

Archived