January Transfer Window

I’m actually really pissed off that his signing has turned out to be a massive failure as the year that Cowden were in the championship with us, the same year Hearts were, There were two opposition players that I really wanted to see in a Rovers strip one day. Lewis Milne and Mitch Megginson(who was with Dumbarton at the time). Both have now signed and both have turned out to be massive failures.

I was the same when we signed Paul Harvey, he was amazing for Airdrieonians, a club record signing only to turn to shite.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’m actually really pissed off that his signing has turned out to be a massive failure as the year that Cowden were in the championship with us, the same year Hearts were, There were two opposition players that I really wanted to see in a Rovers strip one day. Lewis Milne and Mitch Megginson(who was with Dumbarton at the time). Both have now signed and both have turned out to be massive failures.

His goals were a huge part in getting us promoted and it looked like he had the potential to play at a higher level. Maybe the change of manager, move to full time, lack of game time? has had a big impact on him and he's bot been able to.make the step up

1 minute ago, endieinreekie said:

His goals were a huge part in getting us promoted and it looked like he had the potential to play at a higher level. Maybe the change of manager, move to full time, lack of game time? has had a big impact on him and he's bot been able to.make the step up

We probably really aren't playing him in what he wpuld consider his natural position either. Like a number of "attacking midfielders" he's spent a lot of his time out on the wing in a 4-4-2.

I reckon we could be doing with a right-back - I don't think Alan Reid is up to it and I'd like to see Connor Duthie playing further forward - and another striker to supplement Mark McGuigan up front, someone who could link the midfield and the forwards.

That would be a good start.

15 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Agree with this, as a squad I think we're covered for nearly all positions but I would like to see a "Kingpin" type midfielder signed, someone capable of dictating play and setting up chances, I really don't think we have that at the moment and another left sided wide player, Watt has done well there but I really think we suffer from the lack of creativity on that side of the park, right side, we're sorted, look at the goals that Dunsmore and Watson have scored and set up from that side, there is nowhere near the same coming from the other side of the park!!!

Also agree with starting to get guys tied down with new contracts, as far as I'm aware Dowds is the only player we have signed for next season, that needs sorted now and it will save a lot of heartache and anguish when the season ends and we're in the same boat we were at the start of this season/ end of last!!!

Agree with the players that CR has highlighted there, especially Brett who's the best keeper we've had in years but surely the guy at the top of the list has to be Meggatt, he's been our Player of the Year so far!!!

I’m sure Agnew signed a 2 yr deal in the summer,so think he’ll be with us next season 

I also think Agnew is on a 2 year contract. I agree with most of previous East Fife posters but I still would like to see an out and out poacher/goalscorer. I feel that the goals tally of Dowds and Court combined is not quite good enough. Maybe they are more support strikers  than goal machines.  Look at the chances we passed up in the first half against Berwick. Good strikers will be as rare as rocking horse shit in the January window and will be snapped up very quickly.

4 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

I also think Agnew is on a 2 year contract. I agree with most of previous East Fife posters but I still would like to see an out and out poacher/goalscorer. I feel that the goals tally of Dowds and Court combined is not quite good enough. Maybe they are more support strikers  than goal machines.  Look at the chances we passed up in the first half against Berwick. Good strikers will be as rare as rocking horse shit in the January window and will be snapped up very quickly.

If you believe transfermarkt his contract is up in May.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/scott-agnew/profil/spieler/27145

Reckon 3 players for us. Winger, attacking player and midfielder who can also play at back..

Surely some defensive cover is the priority? Due to injury we had Whatley at leftback yesterday. If injuries and suspension arises to the back four, there is no possible stand-in

Surely some defensive cover is the priority? Due to injury we had Whatley at leftback yesterday. If injuries and suspension arises to the back four, there is no possible stand-in

I would agree but it seems like DC doesn't like signing defenders.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 13:16, Rovers1992/1993 said:

@Ross Forbes

Get it sorted!

On 11/27/2018 at 13:19, R.R.FC said:

This a speculation/discussion thread not a confirmed transfers one. I would never try to compete with @Ross Forbes!

Confirmed thread is now up and running. Worked quite well having a chat thread away from it last time, so I'd imagine both can live harmoniously.

Anybody got a left-back we could have?

Defensive cover has to be our priority, but I’m not sure how easy that will be to come by when they will only play in the case of injuries and suspension. Perhaps another midfielder who can also play at the back is more likely. I’d like to see a wide player brought in to provide competition for a place on the wing. Linn is first name on the team sheet and Kader has been playing well recently, but Denholm has been woeful for ages and competition is definitely needed. I could see us signing another striker and using McKenna and Smith out wide more often. I prefer McKenna up top but Smith has been average at best up front so would be interested to see him get a run out wide.

Archived