Jump to content

Amber and Black vs Amber and Claret 01/12/18


Recommended Posts

Not blaming the pitch for levels of performance yesterday. 

I just fkin hate plastic pitches and rarely see a good game on them regardless how Motherwell play.

Had both teams turned up at Fir Park and played with same approach then Livi would still have won. But I think it is naive in the extreme not to believe that most professional footballers play better on grass and those teams that have a plastic pitch have a slight advantage. 

So for the avoidance of doubt. The gulf between both teams effort and application yesterday had little to do with the surface. We were shit from minute 5 right through to minute 90. Livi were well deserving winners. Capiche 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cammit1964 said:

Livi should enjoy this season as much as they can before their team is cherry picked apart , happens to us all I'm afraid

Provided we can make a fair wedge like Motherwell have, I don't mind this too much. Our 2018 accounts haven't been filed yet but I suspect our debt will be less than the £700k it was for 2017. Good transfer business could send us close to debt-free for YE 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Provided we can make a fair wedge like Motherwell have, I don't mind this too much. Our 2018 accounts haven't been filed yet but I suspect our debt will be less than the £700k it was for 2017. Good transfer business could send us close to debt-free for YE 2019.

Not so sure about that tbh, we are spending a fair bit of money upgrading the stadium, I think you’d be amazed at some of the things going on behind the scenes. 

I think it’ll take another season atleast before we start seeing a profit. 

I don’t envisage the debt going up much but I’d be surprised if it went down by any substantial amount in this years set of figures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair play to Livi yesterday. The better team won and we were absolutely woeful.

I’ve got to say though, even if we had nicked a draw yesterday it would still have gone down as one of the most boring games I’ve been to in my life. Literally f**k all happened apart from about 600 throw in’s and a few Livi free kicks. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ball was in play for about 50 mins of the 90 and of that 50, the ball was on the deck for about 10 of it. I was bored out my tits and couldn’t wait to get out of there. £24 well spent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

We are pretty sh1te at the moment. And Liviv fully deserved their win. Only one team in the game. 

All that said I did feel that we were worse than even I and the Manager and probably the players expected. 

That has to be a large part on the surface. I just got the feeling that certain Motherwell players if not all of them were not comfortable on it. 

I was glad Livi got promoted. Living in Edinburgh it is a short trip. That was before I realised they had replaced their grass pitch. I went yesterday and to the cup game earlier in the season. But I am OUT after that. Commented on Steelmen that Motherwell can be v poor on grass but I have rarely if ever seen them play well on plastic pitches, even when we were riding high in the league and even when we win the odd game. 

I am going to give Livi, Hamilton and Killie away games a miss from now on in. 

Previous to yesterday probably our worst performance of the season was against Livingston at Fir Park.

Maybe it's just the teams that are shite.

I don't like plastic pitches but as someone old enough to remember vast swathes of the season being played on mud flats I don't buy it as an excuse for the level of performance we saw yesterday.

Yesterday was about attitude.  We won there last time out on the same pitch.  We need to stop pandering these excuses every time we lose.  It was the referee, it was the pitch, it's our budget etc. etc.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Not so sure about that tbh, we are spending a fair bit of money upgrading the stadium, I think you’d be amazed at some of the things going on behind the scenes. 

I think it’ll take another season atleast before we start seeing a profit. 

I don’t envisage the debt going up much but I’d be surprised if it went down by any substantial amount in this years set of figures. 

I see we have new floodlights

 

we’re on a generator for power and half the car park taped off each game.

Something is going on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cammit1964 said:

Livi should enjoy this season as much as they can before their team is cherry picked apart , happens to us all I'm afraid

 

We all expected to have that happen to us after winning the play offs but getting promoted prob saved us from losing most of our best players, only Josh Mullin going to Ross County really, but we've got players like Lawless, Lawson, Kaja and Menga in so not missing him.

 

I think Halkett, Kelly and Byrne will be offered deals elsewhere but hopefully we can hold onto at least one of them. Everyone else seems pretty settled being here but I suppose it'll depend how much money is thrown at them. In any case, we're all loving the last 3 seasons and know it'll come to an end at some point, def am enjoying it while it lasts, love this group of players, they give their all in every game.:wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, welldaft said:

We are pretty sh1te at the moment. And Liviv fully deserved their win. Only one team in the game. 

All that said I did feel that we were worse than even I and the Manager and probably the players expected. 

That has to be a large part on the surface. I just got the feeling that certain Motherwell players if not all of them were not comfortable on it. 

I was glad Livi got promoted. Living in Edinburgh it is a short trip. That was before I realised they had replaced their grass pitch. I went yesterday and to the cup game earlier in the season. But I am OUT after that. Commented on Steelmen that Motherwell can be v poor on grass but I have rarely if ever seen them play well on plastic pitches, even when we were riding high in the league and even when we win the odd game. 

I am going to give Livi, Hamilton and Killie away games a miss from now on in. 

Bye pal, bye...

 

In all seriousness I can't understand a Motherwell fan complaining about a pitch when the pitch at Fir Park used to have more sand on it than Ayr Beach.

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think Halkett, Kelly and Byrne will be offered deals elsewhere but hopefully we can hold onto at least one of them.

Think Byrne and Kelly would command a fee with their deals running past the summer. Halkett on the other hand im terrified about losing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we are going to win the league, these are the games that we've got to keep winning.

We have to put the Saints, Hamilton and Rangers games behind us and try to remain undefeated in December. 

8 points behind Rangers and we've got 8 games in December to narrow the gap.

If we get to the split within 5/6 points off top I think we will see it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Bye pal, bye...

 

In all seriousness I can't understand a Motherwell fan complaining about a pitch when the pitch at Fir Park used to have more sand on it than Ayr Beach.

Think Byrne and Kelly would command a fee with their deals running past the summer. Halkett on the other hand im terrified about losing.

Yeah and with his contract running out we may decide to take an offer on him in January, he's the main player I worry about losing this season. Just hope he's more ambitious than to go back to Sevco.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Bye pal, bye...

 

In all seriousness I can't understand a Motherwell fan complaining about a pitch when the pitch at Fir Park used to have more sand on it than Ayr Beach.

Think Byrne and Kelly would command a fee with their deals running past the summer. Halkett on the other hand im terrified about losing.

Listen if Motherwell had a plastic pitch and other fans said it was sh1te - I would agree. I would not defend the indefensible just because I support Motherwell. 

 They should not be allowed in top league. My thoughts and I ain’t going to change them. In fact if Motherwell installed a plastic pitch I would find something else to do with my Saturdays. 

Sensitive lot these Livi fans 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Listen if Motherwell had a plastic pitch and other fans said it was sh1te - I would agree. I would not defend the indefensible just because I support Motherwell. 

 They should not be allowed in top league. My thoughts and I ain’t going to change them. In fact if Motherwell installed a plastic pitch I would find something else to do with my Saturdays. 

Sensitive lot these Livi fans 

 

 

Randy-ectoplasm.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen if Motherwell had a plastic pitch and other fans said it was sh1te - I would agree. I would not defend the indefensible just because I support Motherwell. 
 They should not be allowed in top league. My thoughts and I ain’t going to change them. In fact if Motherwell installed a plastic pitch I would find something else to do with my Saturdays. 
Sensitive lot these Livi fans 
 

IMG_1428.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Listen if Motherwell had a plastic pitch and other fans said it was sh1te - I would agree. I would not defend the indefensible just because I support Motherwell. 

 They should not be allowed in top league. My thoughts and I ain’t going to change them. In fact if Motherwell installed a plastic pitch I would find something else to do with my Saturdays. 

Sensitive lot these Livi fans 

 


comedy central workaholics GIF
 

giphy[2].gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...