Amber and Black vs Amber and Claret 01/12/18

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Never knew that, fair enough.

Interested (scared) to see how we line up today, if Lithgow and Robinson are really out then they'll be a pretty big loss, hopefully the other player Holt said was ill is just a reserve player and not anyone important.

Three changes to the team :// Lithgow, Robbo, I hope to f**k it's not Kelly/Halkett. 

One of Byrne/Pittman we can cope without

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Three changes to the team :// Lithgow, Robbo, I hope to f**k it's not Kelly/Halkett. 

One of Byrne/Pittman we can cope without

Aye, I’m a bit worried about breaking up that defence. I think I’d probably favour a back 4 instead of a debut start for the big man.

Think we’ve got a Kenny Miller shaped hole up top?  It wasn’t to be but that’s another one that’s compounded selection problems..

7 minutes ago, crispy said:

Aye, I’m a bit worried about breaking up that defence. I think I’d probably favour a back 4 instead of a debut start for the big man.

Think we’ve got a Kenny Miller shaped hole up top?  It wasn’t to be but that’s another one that’s compounded selection problems..

Even when he was playing we had a Kenny Miller shaped hole up top. Instead we had a Kenny Miller shaped obstruction in midfield.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Holt at the wind up, “Lithgow is out” thanks for giving us all the fear all week :lol:

Hope young Jack and Cadds take the chance they’ve been given today. 

Usually love a good bit of mind games but I've been miserable all week. :lol:

Half time and we appear to have reverted to type after last week's impressive showing.

Absolutely dismal stuff from us, the usual clueless long ball to noone and we've been undone by one of their several long throws. 

Johnson has been hopeless up front and seems scared to take it on his right foot resulting in him constantly losing possession and Cadden's absence is noticeable today with Grimshaw struggling badly.

Poor, poor stuff so far and the Livi PA announcer isn't helping by making ours sound bearable. The boy sounds half cut!

19 minutes ago, nsr said:

Was last week's win just down to Aberdeen being incredibly poor, then?

We certainly tend to do better when teams gift us goals on a plate. 

Because we sure as hell aren't capable of creating anything for ourselves or playing any football.

Absolutely dismal stuff.

I take it back, Cadden looks to have bulked up a lot and seems a lot more physical. 

We've been calling for Hamilton to start for about a month and that's why, he was integral to the win today bossing their defenders.

Absolutely dominant display, happy with it 

That’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen, fleeced £24 for the privilege as well. 

First half was just Livi pumping balls over the top and squeezing up, meaning we kept giving away throw ins. The same routine happened twice- first one Gillespie somehow kept out from Lawless, the 2nd he couldn’t. That was literally it for chances in the 1st half.

The 2nd was possibly even worse as neither keeper had a thing to do for about 40 mins. The game then hinges on 2 chances in 2 mins. Kelly somehow kept out Maguire’s volley at the back stick(cracking ball from big Gorrin btw) before Livi went up the park and scored from another set piece. Game, set and match.

Fine margins but we didn’t deserve anything, we were to a man absolutely awful with Grimshaw, Johnson and Campbell being the worst offenders. Good to see we’re back to asking Frear and Bowman to change the game, to the surprise of nobody they did absolutely f**k all when they came on. Thought Maguire and Gorrin were probably the pick of a very bad bunch.

Fair play to Livi though they done the basics better than us and deserved to win. They were better organised, more aggressive, more streetwise and most importantly, they didn’t give away 2 soft as shite goals from set pieces.

Just a grim day all round, from the shambles trying to get in to the ground to the shambles on the park it’s one to forget for all involved.

To Livi's credit they obviously learned their lesson on how to play us from the Fir Park game in October - keep it tight, soak up the high balls and use set pieces to their advantage. We on the other hand looked utterly clueless today.

Was quite worried with how much we've been wanting Hamilton to play that he'd disappoint but he definitely didn't. Another striker playing with him and we could have had a few more chances. Almost surprised he didn't leave in an ambulance though, was being pushed and pulled all over the place every time the ball went near him and even took a boot to the face. There was a couple of minutes at the end of the first half where I don't think Mbulu actually let go of his shirt at all :lol: Showed how good he was though that that's how he was needing to be dealt with. Bit more work on his shooting and he can be some player.

Thought Cadden was excellent as well, bit lucky to escape a yellow card after trying to pull someone's arm out. Lawson was also brilliant when he came on, that touch that set up the chance for the corner for the 2nd goal was beautiful, if he managed to score after it I'd have made a mess in my trousers. Back 3 (which then turned into a back 4) were solid as usual, must give them some amount of confidence knowing they've got Kelly behind them; what a fucking save that was to keep us 1-0 up.

Good result to take us into 6th, 14 points clear of 11th with a game in hand. Definitely not bad considering what was expected of us.

Archived