Amber and Black vs Amber and Claret 01/12/18

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Swello said:

I just read a tweet from Motherwell that Livi have one of these "queue to buy a ticket at a wee windae and queue up again at the Turnstyle to get in" systems in place. Forget all the rubbish about plastic pitches, it is this tinpot-ery that should be banned forever from Scottish Football. I'm not one for hyperbole but it's a worse atrocity that than the Nazis ever managed.

It's a fucking shambles. Had to do it at St Mirren as well so I got to stand in the pissing rain in a queue twice.

Cash fine and points deduction imo.

22 hours ago, orco said:

Is it not time we started with Hamilton, our only remaining striker? He didn't look phased when he came on at the Ibrox cauldron on Saturday.

Personally I would start Hamilton with a Robbo playing off him. 

22 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

What would you line up? What formation is this?

Kelly, Burns, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Lamie, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Robinson, Hamilton. 

Edit to add :- just read that Robbo is all but ruled out for this one now too, Hamilton a certainty to start i’d like to think now, so I would start Sibbald in his place, if I was a betting man though I reckon Cadden will start. 

Also Lithgow a doubt too so Henk Van Shaik to step in for his first start. 

Its really going to be a struggle this game now, be an interesting line up. 

3 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I think the end plan is that you will be able to order tickets online and have them sent to your address and in the long run use a digital ticket for entry from your phone. 

We are at the very early stages of implementing the system but I believe scanning machines will be inplimented for the first time in this game so I would advise you to get down to the ground a little bit earlier than usual just in case.

Now that's more like it! :)

I'm all for stuff like this that makes things less hassle - but the queuing twice system is an example of wilfully making something that is simple and has been about for 100 years (queue, give turnstile person some money, walk in) needlessly complicated.

I go to most away games, so I'm overly sensitive about this kind of stuff (and the pricing that most clubs charge) - as the experience for away fans has got noticeably worse in recent years.....

We can cope with Robinson out but Lithgow will be a huge loss, anytime he was out last season we lost the game and goals were conceded from the area he'd have been playing, remember those 2 set pieces against St Mirren. Hopefully the young Dutch player will do well playing there.

Looks like it might be Cadden and Hamilton starting up front, with Hardie as a 2nd half sub (seen a pic of he running in his Sevco training gear).

So now our 4 main strikers, and our backup central midfielder turned striker, are out. Nice!

Sounds like 2 of Kaja, Hamilton, Cadden and Sibbald will start up there. Kaja is an out there choice, but I could see it working, I think he's been unlucky not to see more game time since he came. The 3-5-2 isn't made for him, he's obviously a decent player. Personally, I'd have Sibbald off Cadden.

Lithgow out is a blow. If Lamie's fit, I'd have him in there and Burns at LWB, but if not then let's see how Henk does. Wouldn't even be disappointed if Saunders stepped in, but I think he's 3rd choice, CB is at least a position where we're particularly strong. Could even play 4 at the back with Burns, Halkett, Gallagher & McMillan/Lawson.

Still, I don't see us scoring. Motherwell play similarly to us, and it's caused us problems twice already this season. 0-0 shitfest.

Must be trying something different to cut down the queues. 

For reference for the 'Well fans, the Almondvale Suite is under the South Stand, which is furthest away from the car park. Rear of it will be the East side which is the stand you're in anyway. 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Must be trying something different to cut down the queues. 

For reference for the 'Well fans, the Almondvale Suite is under the South Stand, which is furthest away from the car park. Rear of it will be the East side which is the stand you're in anyway. 

They done the same for the Hibs game, think it just depends on staff numbers whether they can do this or not. 

53 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

They done the same for the Hibs game, think it just depends on staff numbers whether they can do this or not. 

Never knew that, fair enough.

Interested (scared) to see how we line up today, if Lithgow and Robinson are really out then they'll be a pretty big loss, hopefully the other player Holt said was ill is just a reserve player and not anyone important.

Archived