Amber and Black vs Amber and Claret 01/12/18

Big game for us with the chance to jump back up to 6th with a win. Motherwell seem pretty stop start this season but we struggled to break them down at Fir Park and I reckon we'll see a couple of changes in the starting 11 on the back of that.

Kelly

Gallagher    Halkett    Lithgow

Lawless        Jacobs          Sibbald      Byrne        Burns

Lawson            Hamilton

Subs

Stewart

Van Schaik

Lamie (or McMillan if Ricki isn't fit)

Pittman

Robinson

Cadden

Hardie (Kaja if Ryan's not fit)

Feel that Robbo hasn't been quite as good recently and Lawson's strength and delivery could work well with Hamilton. Was a struggle to pick a midfielder to drop for Sibbald but I just think he has a more creative style of play compared to the other 3 who tend to be more box to box. Keaghan's dead ball deliveries keeps him in the team for me and Pittman has played just about every game for the last 3 years so opted for Byrne to give the wee man a rest as he's looked a bit jaded. Going for a 2-1 home win.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big game for us as the next few are likely to yield f**k all points.

Expect we will go with roughly the same side that pumped Aberdeen, but with Hartley being the only exception due to suspension. Hopefully Dunne is able to return to give a bit of pace at the back.
Expecting to pick something up here. Be disappointed without atleast a point.

Pittman has just had 2 weeks rest during the international break, can't see him being dropped. If anything i'd play Pitts further forward, he scores goals when he gets in the box and someone puts a ball across the 6 yard box.

Anyhoo, prob going to be another tight game with either a 1 goal win for one of us or another draw. Hopefully we see Hardie getting a sub appearance and young Hamilton starting.

Truth be told, I’m shitting it for this game. Motherwell have the look of a bogey team for us this season and we just can’t seem to score at the moment. I’m encouraged to hear Hardie is back, but we were in this position before we played Hamilton at home and we seen him for 20 minutes before he got injured again. Hamilton has to start up front IMO, I like Robinson but he isn’t a striker and his hold up play is non-existent.

Need to get back in the points and as importantly back in the goals again considering we haven't done so since pumping Dundee. Motherwell are clearly a dangerous team after Saturday's performance so I would be cautious about going gung-ho.

Hardie or Hamilton will start and hence I expect us to end the run. 1-0 #AM.

Both teams very similar and well matched, another 1-0 either way i think. 

Looking at the reserve line up the other night I think it was noticeable that Nicky Cadden and Jack McMillan weren’t playing (they usually do) I reckon we might start with Robbo and Nicky up top for this. 

We certainly won’t be rushing Hardie back For this I wouldn’t have thought. 

Its been a tough spell but we all expected that to come at some point, we had a great start and that’s given us a little bit of breathing space, now we just need to do a Hamilton and pick up points here and there and it should be enough to achieve our goal of staying in the league. 

Kelly, McMillan, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Lamie, Jacobs, Lawson, Pittman, Cadden, Robinson. 

Not how I would line up, but how I think we will line up. 

I think we might win this. Or we could draw. Or lose.

I genuinely have no idea. We seem to be either really good or really shite this season (mostly shite) with no in between. For every 3-0 win over Aberdeen or winning 2 on the bounce against St. Mirren and Dundee, there's a 1-0 defeat to Hamilton or *shudder* 7-1 defeat at Ibrox.

6 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Looking at the reserve line up the other night I think it was noticeable that Nicky Cadden and Jack McMillan weren’t playing (they usually do) I reckon we might start with Robbo and Nicky up top for this. 

Its been a tough spell but we all expected that to come at some point, we had a great start and that’s given us a little bit of breathing space, now we just need to do a Hamilton and pick up points here and there and it should be enough to achieve our goal of staying in the league. 

Kelly, McMillan, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Lamie, Jacobs, Lawson, Pittman, Cadden, Robinson. 

Is it not time we started with Hamilton, our only remaining striker? He didn't look phased when he came on at the Ibrox cauldron on Saturday.

7 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

What would you line up? What formation is this?

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Gonna opt for something different and say I'd like to see Kaja start up top, bit of pace and skill and knows where the net is (in the reserves anyway). Kaja and Jack up top for me

Haven't even thought of Kaja up front, we did describe him as "a 2nd striker" when we signed him so a bit weird he hasn't been tried there yet with all our injury problems. 

Lost track of who we have available so as far as I know...

Kelly

Gallagher  -  Halkett  -  Lithgow

Lawson  -  Byrne  -  Pittman  -  Jacobs  -  Lamie*

Hamilton  -  Kaja**

*If Lamie isn't available then Lawless.

**If Hardie is actually fit enough to play 90 minutes without injuring himself again then obviously him, but as above I'd be interested to Kaja there. Or seeing Sibbald from the start now that he appears to have recovered. Reckon it'll be Robinson though, which I don't have too many issues with.

I hope we change as little as possible from Saturday, excepting the enforced absence of Hartley. If Dunne was able to make it and be part of a back 3 with Aldred and Mbulu, that would be an interesting riff on last year's defence with Mbulu in the Kipre role....

Other than that, I'd love to see Grimshaw follow up his MOTM performance with another decent one, as he has often failed to do that - and he knows that with Cadden out for some time, he has a chance to establish himself properly. 

I think our underlying form is decent at the moment - and we are looking a different side in terms of our style of play compared to earlier in the season, so I'm quietly confident we can take at least a point here...

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

I hope we change as little as possible from Saturday, excepting the enforced absence of Hartley. If Dunne was able to make it and be part of a back 3 with Aldred and Mbulu, that would be an interesting riff on last year's defence with Mbulu in the Kipre role....

Other than that, I'd love to see Grimshaw follow up his MOTM performance with another decent one, as he has often failed to do that - and he knows that with Cadden out for some time, he has a chance to establish himself properly. 

I think our underlying form is decent at the moment - and we are looking a different side in terms of our style of play compared to earlier in the season, so I'm quietly confident we can take at least a point here...

Last time we played Livi we just attempted to launch long balls up to Main and Bowman which is exactly what suited Livi. I don't actually think we won a header all day. I think we might be in danger of seeing some football break out in our midfield again and I, for one, cannot wait. 

The bit in bold is something I'm keen to see. Mbulu looked pretty solid at the weekend and added a bit of pace & power that we have had this season. Chilli D's pace is missed sorely as well as I get the absolute fear every time I see Hartley getting pulled out wide against anyone with pace.

Archived