Hurlford v Bankies 1st Dec

BANKIEBILL

If the weather stays mild ... it will be a very busy football day in Hurlford, with two big Am.Cup ties just down the road at Richardson park (1400) ... we all remember the  Shortlees - Thistle game last summer which drew an absolute monster crowd.11i3kw6.jpg&key=090a97a358a2684399afb0b0684fed6da4342546dbaa840aeabddfbb0da29ecb
Aye seen a few monsters that night

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just say a year ago the now all the doubters were  saying Darren must get the sack , he’s lost it , doesn’t know what he is doing blah blah blah , I and a couple others said what a lot of nonsense guy is best manager in junior football , cue a year later should have won junior cup , won the West of Scotland  and top of the league , I rest my case 

Can I just say a year ago the now all the doubters were  saying Darren must get the sack , he’s lost it , doesn’t know what he is doing blah blah blah , I and a couple others said what a lot of nonsense guy is best manager in junior football , cue a year later should have won junior cup , won the West of Scotland  and top of the league , I rest my case 

Pity you can’t predict what’s going wrong with your own club but aye your right about Henderson add to that he’s one of the good guys in junior football

He's not the best manager in Junior football. Also remember he has had a financial backing many other mangers could only dream about.

I would say Sloan the best but don’t kid folk on he hasn’t got the financial backing and before you say the players play for the jersey well many years ago yes they did but now every teams players play for the cash

I have never doubted Mr Henderson's ability but it is a skewed situation he has been in at Hurlford.

Being bankrolled takes the edge off of his achievements but there's no doubt he knows the grade inside out and knows how to build and maintain a top side. Not the best in Junior football though. We all know who that is.

1 minute ago, FlyHigh said:

I would say Sloan the best but don’t kid folk on he hasn’t got the financial backing and before you say the players play for the jersey well many years ago yes they did but now every teams players play for the cash

Talbot have resources for different reasons than Hurlford. Not least community involvement and fundraising which has been persistently incredible, especially given the socio-economic state of Auchinleck.

To compare the two is just daft.

Talbot have resources for different reasons than Hurlford. Not least community involvement and fundraising which has been persistently incredible, especially given the socio-economic state of Auchinleck.
To compare the two is just daft.

No don’t get me wrong I know the talbot has a great support across east Ayrshire and they do a lot of fundraising didn’t say they had a sugar daddy but I still say the players well most play for the money and not the jersey at most teams

8 minutes ago, FlyHigh said:

Name Sloan's last big money signing

Just now, FlyHigh said:

No don’t get me wrong I know the talbot has a great support across east Ayrshire and they do a lot of fundraising didn’t say they had a sugar daddy but I still say the players well most play for the money and not the jersey at most teams

Players will play for money but I think fairly high up on a list of decision making reasons when given the option to play at Talbot, will be the fact that success is likely with the best club in the grade. I also believe that, once there, players see just how wide reaching and special the club is. This brings with it a desire to play for that club. That's not exclusive to Talbot but it does exist there.

Archived