Arbroath vs Stenhousemuir

Watched the highlights there. Linn does absolutely brilliant for the first three goals. What a season he’s having. You also see the benefit of Doris physical / aerial presence.
On the Wallace issue, he seems to split supporters, scores goals and gives us a bit quality at times, on other occasions he looks like a petulant little boy, his attitude is very questionable and really makes my blood boil when he just jogs around or throws his arms up in the air when things don’t go his way. 

Not having the questionable attitude bollocks, works his socks off

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2018 at 02:31, Poet of the Macabre said:

As a neutral I find it absolutely baffling beyond belief that Arbroath fans could be arguing about anything this season. You're 10 points clear in December, scoring goals for fun and you're getting sniffy about the performance during a 5-2 win?!

Spot on the above.

Although i thought we played better football against Stranraer we deserved to win against Stenny there is no doubt about that maybe not be a 3 goal margin but maybe 4-2 would be more accurate,  i thought Stenny were a decent team and big McGuigan is a handful but also remember 2 of our best players had issues, TOB never got stripped and Swanks was maybe only 75% fit so we had to re-jig our defence with Whatley having to play at left back where he done okay but losing TOB definitely affected us at the back as he is that am important a player to us.

Apart from the first 15 minutes of the game and maybe a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half i thought we played well and deserved the win.

I cannot believe some fans comments on here having a go at certain players and about out tactics, i would take a boring 1-0 win all day long, we are 10 points at the top of the league, at times play some of the best football played by the Red Lichties in decades, we have a "feelgood" factor between the club/fans/town, a great approachable Management team/Board YET still some "fans" moan = ffs get a grip!!   

Spot on the above.

Although i thought we played better football against Stranraer we deserved to win against Stenny there is no doubt about that maybe not be a 3 goal margin but maybe 4-2 would be more accurate,  i thought Stenny were a decent team and big McGuigan is a handful but also remember 2 of our best players had issues, TOB never got stripped and Swanks was maybe only 75% fit so we had to re-jig our defence with Whatley having to play at left back where he done okay but losing TOB definitely affected us at the back as he is that am important a player to us.

Apart from the first 15 minutes of the game and maybe a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half i thought we played well and deserved the win.

I cannot believe some fans comments on here having a go at certain players and about out tactics, i would take a boring 1-0 win all day long, we are 10 points at the top of the league, at times play some of the best football played by the Red Lichties in decades, we have a "feelgood" factor between the club/fans/town, a great approachable Management team/Board YET still some "fans" moan = ffs get a grip!!   

I wasn't moaning, I said I was delighted, it was a clinical performance. I'm still shocked at how we managed to score 5 goals though and it shows you how important it is to take your chances especially coming off the back of the Stranraer game last week. DC seemed to think we played shite too but I'm sure he's not bothered either because at the end of the day it's 3 points. If anything it's a huge positive that we can pull out results like that without playing near as good as we can be. We've battered teams this season playing some superb stuff, but shows we can mix it up too.

We're a pretty physical solid team especially with Doris in over Wallace.

Jamieson, Thomson, Little, Hamilton, Whatley, ToB, Doris, McKenna are all pretty hardy players, Gav isn't too far off that now either with the way his games changed and although Linn and Gold aren't the biggest guys they get stuck in.

The team is solid.

Archived