Arbroath vs Stenhousemuir

The stewards don’t help the atmosphere. Constantly staring down anyone who musters up a song and now they seem to walk about the support throughout the game in an intimidating fashion

Since the Edinburgh City cup tie the stewarding presence and intensity has been ramped up on the fans behind the goals. Nothing happened on the night or subsequently to justify this IMO. I’m not sure who has ordered this or what they are trying to get out of it

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a neutral I find it absolutely baffling beyond belief that Arbroath fans could be arguing about anything this season. You're 10 points clear in December, scoring goals for fun and you're getting sniffy about the performance during a 5-2 win?!

I know. Imagine the chaos when we lose a couple on the bounce.

Since the Edinburgh City cup tie the stewarding presence and intensity has been ramped up on the fans behind the goals. Nothing happened on the night or subsequently to justify this IMO. I’m not sure who has ordered this or what they are trying to get out of it

The home game following Edinburgh City, can’t remember who against, there was a steward actually standing on the terrace who I spoke to. He agreed it was a joke but was only following the instructions of his superiors. Sure everyone knows who he was speaking about.

Surely we're not blaming the stewards for lack of atmosphere I hardly notice them and are certainly not intimidated by them :lol: don't think they are gonna stop us singing if we want to. The lack of atmosphere is solely down to us supporters not making enough noise.

Few more things I’ve remembered after watching the highlights

Jamieson’s kicking was poor yesterday almost got caught a couple of times but made up with a couple of good saves

What a goal saving challenge by thomson at 3-1

And how on earth did the stenny defender not get punished for the 2 footed, out of control lunge on kadar

Jamieson’s kicking was poor yesterday almost got caught a couple of times but made up with a couple of good saves

And how on earth did the stenny defender not get punished for the 2 footed, out of control lunge on kadar

Thomson done well a few times, he's surprisingly quick. What a signing he's been

4 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

It was ridiculous that the ref gave nothing for that challenge, it wasn’t just the fact it was 2 footed it was the way he jumped into it, 

Also really enjoyed the mocking of Graeme Smiths squealing yesterday, 

5-2 win with Ryan Wallace playing a minimal role and he's still the main talking point. An absolute box office player.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Wallace or any other of our players , when they pull on the lichtie shirt they deserve our backing. Get behind the guys and stop nitpicking. Top of the league, unbeaten and 10 points clear of our nearest rival. Couldn't be a much better start.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Wallace or any other of our players , when they pull on the lichtie shirt they deserve our backing. Get behind the guys and stop nitpicking. Top of the league, unbeaten and 10 points clear of our nearest rival. Couldn't be a much better start.
Quality player and developed a great partnership with McKenna .Totally sick of hearing abuse being shouted at him from people who call themselves lichtie supporters and agree anybody who pulls on a maroon shirt and does his job to the best of their abilities deserve our full support.

Watched the highlights there. Linn does absolutely brilliant for the first three goals. What a season he’s having. You also see the benefit of Doris physical / aerial presence.

On the Wallace issue, he seems to split supporters, scores goals and gives us a bit quality at times, on other occasions he looks like a petulant little boy, his attitude is very questionable and really makes my blood boil when he just jogs around or throws his arms up in the air when things don’t go his way. 

Watched the highlights there. Linn does absolutely brilliant for the first three goals. What a season he’s having. You also see the benefit of Doris physical / aerial presence.
On the Wallace issue, he seems to split supporters, scores goals and gives us a bit quality at times, on other occasions he looks like a petulant little boy, his attitude is very questionable and really makes my blood boil when he just jogs around or throws his arms up in the air when things don’t go his way. 

How is his attitude questionable??? He's a huffy b*****d because he wants to score and win. Like a lot of strikers, makes your blood boil? settle [emoji23]

Was at a do on Saturday that Dick was speaking at.
His only 2 points made about the game were "we won 5-2 but I thought we were shite"
He also made a certain reference to the bad language coming from that unhappy supporter in the stand. Not complementary I hasten to add.

Was at a do on Saturday that Dick was speaking at.

His only 2 points made about the game were "we won 5-2 but I thought we were shite"

No way, what a surprise... [emoji23] that's him and Bobby Linn who have thought similarly to myself now

Hope you enjoyed your event. Been to a few with DC a speaker and he's superb, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No way, what a surprise... emoji23.png that's him and Bobby Linn who have thought similarly to myself now

Hope you enjoyed your event. Been to a few with DC a speaker and he's superb, in my opinion.

Craig Brown spoke in our village last week. Dick featured heavily in his very amusing talk.

When fans are singling out players they don't like they should remember the East Fife boys giving Bobby Linn a hard time when he played for them. How did that work out?

Never mind that, Swankie and Gold used to get really bad stick in the past too.

In Swankie's previous spells the criticism of him was always his attitude and work rate just because of his character and body language.

Because someone is huffy it doesn't mean they don't care, Wallace and McKenna have pressed from the front brilliantly all season.

McKenna is different class at it and a bit more in your face with it, same with Doris to an extent but Wallace works as hard. Imagine Doris and McKenna are a wee bit more suited to having centre halves clattering through the back of them too.

Wallace can wave his hands about and stay on the deck for a few seconds after he's been clattered all he likes if he keeps scoring and creating goals. Always see the worst in someone if you look for it, give the guy benefit of the doubt and you'll no even notice it.

Archived