Arbroath vs Stenhousemuir

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hilarious. We're soaring away at the top of the league. We won 5.2 at home. We have a fantastic squad and some fans want to argue about which  player they dislike most!!

Tim we were superb and f**k nuggets don’t understand this

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

It's hilarious. We're soaring away at the top of the league. We won 5.2 at home. We have a fantastic squad and some fans want to argue about which  player they dislike most!!

Darren Hill has done f*ck all in the league this season. I'm not going back until Dick gets rid of him.

Bobby Linn - 'today was a funny game / we started terribly I thought / couldn't string 2 passes together / it was very flat / go in at half time without playing great or creating much / second half worthy winners / didn't start great but we'll take that result'

Couldn't agree more..

Darren Hill has done f*ck all in the league this season. I'm not going back until Dick gets rid of him.

Someone in the stand at 4-1 was screaming 'Dickkkkkkkkk, get it sorted for f**k sake'

Safe to say the expectations of our fans has now changed a bit

Someone in the stand at 4-1 was screaming 'Dickkkkkkkkk, get it sorted for f**k sake'

Did he not realise dick was also in the stand and he could have just sat next to him and explained why he was unhappy at winning 4-1?

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was right. We only drew 1-1 after that point. Not good enough!!! :)

I think any reasonable fan would agree we were the better football team but Arbroath are deadly. Linn is unreal and for me the difference between the teams.

Typical Dick fitbaw. Long ball and effective with a sprinkling of stardust where it matters.

Make no mistake they are the league winners.

Clinical Maroons today, another super result and 3 points, 36-0

I think clinical sums up the difference yesterday. Brilliant finishing, unlike the previous week. With our slightly reorganised defence (TOB being out injured) Stenny had quite a few chances but thankfully took only 2. Some additional defensive cover needed to cope with potential injuries and suspensions. 

Strange game yesterday and can only agree entirely with Bobby Linn. We were rather flat and disjointed for 30 minutes and then, second half, seemed to have ceded control to Stenny for lengthy spells and were relieved at their poor finishing. Bobby himself was poor until he switched wings, and Stevie D couldn’t get a touch until he started winning headers

Incidentally, a word of praise for two of the oft-criticised members -Kader and Whatley. Neat finish by Omar for the first goal, and Mark W did ok in the unfamiliar left back role then came into it second half.

Great when we struggle a bit but still get a score line like that.

The only category I’d criticise are the fans. Firstly, especially those that don’t turn up. Runaway leaders, scoring enough and only 780 there,of whom a few from Stenny. Second, minor quibble but shouldn’t our support be a bit noisier - that means everybody?

I think any reasonable fan would agree we were the better football team but Arbroath are deadly. Linn is unreal and for me the difference between the teams.
Typical Dick fitbaw. Long ball and effective with a sprinkling of stardust where it matters.
Make no mistake they are the league winners.

We have not been playing that way Neilly. We have been playing some great stuff over the season, but as shown yesterday can mix it when we're not at our best too.

Still can’t get my head around that. I honestly thought we were the better team yesterday. Aside from the chances, most of which we missed, we put the Arbroath defence under a lot of pressure and turned them so many times.

I’m not even sure you can say we defended badly as a team. Three times Donaldson couldn’t get near Bobby Linn and three times Arbroath scored. The 4th was a lucky deflection and the game was obviously by the time the 5th went went in.

Odd, odd game, but no mistake, we need to start turning these hard luck stories into points. We can’t afford to lose the next three games, two of which are away.

Still can’t get my head around that. I honestly thought we were the better team yesterday. Aside from the chances, most of which we missed, we put the Arbroath defence under a lot of pressure and turned them so many times.  I’m not even sure you can say we defended badly as a team. Three times Donaldson couldn’t get near Bobby Linn and three times Arbroath scored. The 4th was a lucky deflection and the game was obviously by the time the 5th went went in.

Odd, odd game, but no mistake, we need to start turning these hard luck stories into points. We can’t afford to lose the next three games, two of which are away.

I'd agree. You need someone else to score you a goal. Only got worried when a chance fell for McGuigan, the smaller guys behind him were all very pretty on the ball but never fancied them to score or do anything productive.

Who was the guy who spun and shot right at Jamieson? I think that was at 3-1.... he should've scored that it was a sitter, nice turn but right at the keeper from 10 yard out. Had a great chance with a header not long after too and it was like one of our defenders had cushioned it back to the keeper.

Whereas we didn't really create much at all and still came away with 5 goals, we've been clinical all season (minus last week) and have goals coming from all over the team. Someone on our thread mentioned that we have scored 12 in our last 3 league games scored by 10 different scorers. Off the top of my head...

Jason Thomson

David Gold

Steven Doris

Michael McKenna

Ryan McCord

Bobby Linn (3)

Danny Denholm

Omar Kader

Colin Hamilton

Ryan Wallace

Doesn't even include guys like Swankie and ToB who like to chip in with goals too.

Big man McGuigan was a huge threat yesterday and the only guy I fancied to take a chance for you

I think clinical sums up the difference yesterday. Brilliant finishing, unlike the previous week. With our slightly reorganised defence (TOB being out injured) Stenny had quite a few chances but thankfully took only 2. Some additional defensive cover needed to cope with potential injuries and suspensions. Strange game yesterday and can only agree entirely with Bobby Linn. We were rather flat and disjointed for 30 minutes and then, second half, seemed to have ceded control to Stenny for lengthy spells and were relieved at their poor finishing. Bobby himself was poor until he switched wings, and Stevie D couldn’t get a touch until he started winning headers

Incidentally, a word of praise for two of the oft-criticised members -Kader and Whatley. Neat finish by Omar for the first goal, and Mark W did ok in the unfamiliar left back role then came into it second half.

Great when we struggle a bit but still get a score line like that.

The only category I’d criticise are the fans. Firstly, especially those that don’t turn up. Runaway leaders, scoring enough and only 780 there,of whom a few from Stenny. Second, minor quibble but shouldn’t our support be a bit noisier - that means everybody?

The stewards don’t help the atmosphere. Constantly staring down anyone who musters up a song and now they seem to walk about the support throughout the game in an intimidating fashion

Archived