Arbroath vs Stenhousemuir

Imbecile found. We were fantastic today

Fantastic result

One of our worst home performances of the season

We literally scored 3 goals from Gold/Doris playing one pass to Bobby who scored/put one across box for a deflected goal. The 4th was very jammy, 5th lovely.

They had so many chances in the second half their only problem is the man McGuigans the only one capable of putting it in the net.

No way you can play well every week so it's a brilliant result, but last week and this week shows football is all about taking your chances. Clinical today and somehow managed 5, so wasteful last week and should've got 5

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result

One of our worst home performances of the season

We literally scored 3 goals from Gold/Doris playing one pass to Bobby who scored/put one across box for a deflected goal. The 4th was very jammy, 5th lovely.

They had so many chances in the second half their only problem is the man McGuigans the only one capable of putting it in the net.

No way you can play well every week so it's a brilliant result, but last week and this week shows football is all about taking your chances. Clinical today and somehow managed 5, so wasteful last week and should've got 5

Take this negativity to f**k.

Deserved to win but harsh score on a stenny who had a few chances, 
Thought Swankie had a quiet game and we missed him controlling things, 
Linn and Mckenna best for us, 
people need to get off Wallace’s back too, he slips and gets abused but Mckenna hits a terrible pass to linn that goes miles out and gets “aww unlucky”  
i get it that Wallace is frustrating but we are a better team when he plays well and the abuse will give him no confidence 

If people can’t figure out why players like McKenna get more leeway than Wallace then I worry for them.

Baffling to say that was a poor home performance. We were playing a team who had a new manager and beat Falkirk last week. I thought we were clinical and ruthless which is what you need to do to keep winning. Not easy at this time of year to keep churning out wins week after week. Team had to be changed a bit also and it all worked well.

The train keeps on rolling for the invincibles.

Well we were superb today. Don’t listen to the haters.
Bobby with 2 goals and 2 assists deservedly got man of the match but McKenna was unreal and Gold was immense in the middle of the park.
Absolutely fucking ruthless! Up ya Graeme Smith

41 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

If people can’t figure out why players like McKenna get more leeway than Wallace then I worry for them.

If people can’t figure out that giving someone support instead of abuse will maybe make them perform better i would worry for them much more,

Obviously Mckenna has won over the fans with his fight and effort and deserves the suport, But it’s scarey  people can’t be happy we are top of league unbeaten , all my point was that maybe if Wallace got half the suport and less of the abuse he might make a little more effort, 

If people can’t figure out that giving someone support instead of abuse will maybe make them perform better i would worry for them much more,
Obviously Mckenna has won over the fans with his fight and effort and deserves the suport, But it’s scarey  people can’t be happy we are top of league unbeaten , all my point was that maybe if Wallace got half the suport and less of the abuse he might make a little more effort, 

If Wallace isn’t putting an effort in because of negativity from the home support we should release him now

Wallace came off the bench today and looked like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world. I’m not saying to abuse Wallace but you’ve explained yourself why McKenna gets less abuse [emoji23]

Great result but for the first half hour we looked more like the side at the bottom of the league but probably that might have been due to the changes in our line up. Once we equalised it was a different game, but it was harsh on Stenny who looked a decent side.

Bobby Linn deservedly man of the match with David Gold close behind. Was hoping Bobby would have got a hat trick.

Regarding Ryan Wallace, I'm not a big fan but neither do I criticise him, but today I think we saw the difference between him and Steven Doris. When Doris is felled he gets back up again and carries on. When Wallace gets felled he tends to sit on his a**e with hands up claiming a foul whilst the game carries on without him. That's probably why he hasn't endeared himself to some supporters. 

Great three points against a very lively Stenny team we were totally clinical in front of goal today. A different team and tactics today much more direct than usual but it worked it's not just hit and hope we had the players on the pitch for the direct approach as 5 goals testifies. Stenny were pretty decent going forward and caused us lots of problems.
Don't think anybody said Wallace wasn't trying he's a good player for us and to say he looked like he'd rather be any where else when he came on is ridiculous the debate on here about the abuse he gets is ott imo can't say I hear much abuse apart from the odd idiot where I stand on the terracing. Anyway three points 5 goals and top of the league.

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If he signs elsewhere will you go there to continue the fan club?

I assume Ryan Wallace will be leading the line for Arbroath for the rest of my life, so it's not something I'm worried about.

The reason I think McKenna is far more liked than Wallace by the fans is nothing to do with importance to the team/ contribution etc. it's because the majority of football fans want to see players putting in 'effort' in a way they can see. Running around a lot and constantly pressuring defenders looks far better to a fan than off the ball positioning and taking a defender away with a run to create space for another player for example. Having different players doing different things is what makes a great team, if we had a team full of players like Ricky Little, Bobby Linn and Mikey McKenna (all fans favourites) then it may be a popular one but it wouldn't be a winning one as you need the less 'popular' players around them who offer just as much but in different ways to make the team work; people like Ryan Wallace will never be as popular as other players due to his style of play, but it doesn't mean his contribution isn't just as valuable as any other player this season.

I didn't think we were any better than last week - we had roughly the same amount of chances but finished them this week and Stenny had far more of the ball/ created far more chances than Stranraer last week. We deserved the win, but didn't feel it was a 5-2 game. Overall a pleasing result and if we played like that every week I think we'd win the league.... and I think we can and have played better than that in a good few games this year.

25 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

so simon you would rather hsve somebody not running about closing players down chasing lost causes etc .

Do I want all of our players to run about closing down the ball and chasing lost causes? No, I don't think that would be a good idea. If I wanted to watch that I'd take in a primary school game.

Do I want to have a balanced team comprising of different types of players who all compliment each other? Yes, I think that sounds excellent, in fact I've been watching a team just like that for the past 4 months and I believe they're the only undefeated team in the country and have scored more goals than any other team in the top 4 divisions..... Taking that into account, they must be some fucking team, and that must be some fucking strike force, right?

If we had another striker who played like Ryan Wallace then a partnership between the two of them wouldn't work. Similarly if we had two strikers in the mould of Mikey McKenna they wouldn't work as a partnership. They both compliment each other extremely well, and while Doris hasn't built a partnership with either of them yet I think within time he'll work very well with either of them.

Archived