Arbroath vs Stenhousemuir

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to reiterate but interested in how folks see it. The winter can often be an entirely different beast.

We’re now officially into the winter season with different demands on the team (heavier pitches, more weather, etc). We definitely lean towards the footballing side rather than the physical/robust (with some exceptions)

So can we plough through this time with the same panache as the first third of the season?

Most of the pitches in the league are plastic so they don't get heavy?

The ones that aren't including our own are kept in good nick too, maybe not Brechin and Stranraer as much but certainly Dumbarton. There's no Albion Rovers or Cowdens to visit.

From the other grass parks we go to away from home (Stranraer/Brechin/Dumbarton) we won't be visiting any of them until the start of March.

I don't see why things would change cause the weather is a bit colder.

I don't think the weather will make a huge difference to us - we've already played several games at Gayfield this season in ridicuously windy/ rainy conditions and stood up to the test and won on each occaision. I do however think we will lose in the league prior to the Raith game, or at best draw a couple of games we should be looking to win. I predict this will result in some fans losing their shit and denouncing some of our regular starters this season as 'shite' after a few defeats, completely ignoring the fact that almost to a man the team have been superb this season. Some of our fans already do this while we sit 10 points clear and undefeated in the league :lol:

We're guaranteed to go on a bad run/ drop points etc. over the next few months - and I've no issue with that at all. I firmly believe over the last few years we've shown ourselves as a team who can bounce back from poor performances/ defeats, so while I think we'll have one or two periods of not winning for 2/3 weeks, we will bounce back and be up near the top end of the division at the end of the season. Similarly, I have no issue with our loss to Stranraer. We've played better in games and drawn this season, and we've played worse and won. That's football.

In January we will bring in 2 or 3 players who will improve the squad. They will make competition for places ever higher, and will allow us to change it up if/ when we go on a wee run of not winning. At absolute worst we're going to finish 2nd, challenge Raith all the way and have a bloody good season overall. Worst case is having our most successful season in 16/17 years! At best we're going to win the division, and it will be one of the best seasons in our clubs history.

In saying that, just because we're doing well doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. We can always improve and while we should obviously be absolutely delighted with how things sit currently, we should always be looking at what positions we can improve in and how we can get the most out of the players we have.

I don't think the weather will make a huge difference to us - we've already played several games at Gayfield this season in ridicuously windy/ rainy conditions and stood up to the test and won on each occaision. I do however think we will lose in the league prior to the Raith game, or at best draw a couple of games we should be looking to win. I predict this will result in some fans losing their shit and denouncing some of our regular starters this season as 'shite' after a few defeats, completely ignoring the fact that almost to a man the team have been superb this season. Some of our fans already do this while we sit 10 points clear and undefeated in the league :lol:
We're guaranteed to go on a bad run/ drop points etc. over the next few months - and I've no issue with that at all. I firmly believe over the last few years we've shown ourselves as a team who can bounce back from poor performances/ defeats, so while I think we'll have one or two periods of not winning for 2/3 weeks, we will bounce back and be up near the top end of the division at the end of the season. Similarly, I have no issue with our loss to Stranraer. We've played better in games and drawn this season, and we've played worse and won. That's football.
In January we will bring in 2 or 3 players who will improve the squad. They will make competition for places ever higher, and will allow us to change it up if/ when we go on a wee run of not winning. At absolute worst we're going to finish 2nd, challenge Raith all the way and have a bloody good season overall. Worst case is having our most successful season in 16/17 years! At best we're going to win the division, and it will be one of the best seasons in our clubs history.
In saying that, just because we're doing well doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. We can always improve and while we should obviously be absolutely delighted with how things sit currently, we should always be looking at what positions we can improve in and how we can get the most out of the players we have.

It’s all Wallace’s fault! Il just get that in early

Yes, we’re bound to experience some downs in the months ahead. Can’t expect to keep this amazing run going indefinitely. What you can’t do is predict ahead too far - difficult to assess the psychology that comes into play. For example, when our season blew up at New Year 4 years back and we hardly won another game. Most of the players were the same for the second half of the season. Or Forfar 2 years back, when we had no right to catch them. I think Raith fans still retain some confidence they can overtake if and when that happens. All the more reason for taking each game, each half, each passage of play on its own merits and forget the other crap or the bigger picture. Enjoy it while it lasts

Weather looking about as good as we could have hoped for. I expect a tough game from stenny and i’d be happy to take any kind of win to keep our run going. I thought mccord was good last week but if swankie is fit i expect him to come back in

Had better win following changes made or can imagine a lot of criticism later.
Back 3 or 4?

Thomson
Little
Hamilton
Whatley

Kader
Gold
Swankie
Linn

Doris
McKenna

Kin we got beat last week but still played like we have most of season minus finishing

Stenny fans can't have a high opinion of us.

Twice we've been stinking and beat them now. Punt after punt

Opposite of last week where we were really good and had loads of chances and scored f**k all.

Job done but very hard watch

Thomson had few superb moments. Bobby won us the game himself.

Things look pretty worrying for Stenhousemuir. Don't think I've ever seen us play so bad and score 5 goals. Delighted [emoji23]m

Sign McGuigan up

Stenny fans can't have a high opinion of us.

Twice we've been stinking and beat them now. Punt after punt

Opposite of last week where we were really good and had loads of chances and scored f**k all.

Job done but very hard watch

Thomson had few superb moments. Bobby won us the game himself.

Things look pretty worrying for Stenhousemuir. Don't think I've ever seen us play so bad and score 5 goals. Delighted [emoji23]m

Sign McGuigan up

Imbecile found. We were fantastic today

Bit of a strange game, didn’t think we were brilliant but unlike last week we were very clinical.

Dumbarton and stenny are 2 of the better teams I’ve seen at gayfield yet there at the bottom of the table, shows how tight the league is.......apart from us obviously [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Deserved to win but harsh score on a stenny who had a few chances, 

Thought Swankie had a quiet game and we missed him controlling things, 

Linn and Mckenna best for us, 

people need to get off Wallace’s back too, he slips and gets abused but Mckenna hits a terrible pass to linn that goes miles out and gets “aww unlucky”  

i get it that Wallace is frustrating but we are a better team when he plays well and the abuse will give him no confidence 

Archived