Scottish Cup 4th round

Redondo

18 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Apart from a fit Knapp that was Shortlees first 11 plus a 50 per cent fit Knapp is still better than most amateur players so your argument is if he was fit you would have won? So you won't win a big game without him? 

Mate it's not an argument , it's my opinion.knew  it wouldn't be easy regardless of whether shortlees were at full strength or not as stated on previous posts , as these games never are . All the best to hurlford. And  if they continue to later stages , I'll stand corrected and say I was wrong , it's just my opinion on that also .  

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I think some forget that hurlford have the better head to head even in the last 18 month, with fit Knapp, so no idea where this theory is coming from. A 5-0 and a win on penalties is all I remember in recent history

Yes they have, nobody is saying they haven't , they have been a tough nut to crack for shortlees , as expected when you know what  they have got at their disposal. 

2 hours ago, The riddler said:

Mate it's not an argument , it's my opinion.knew  it wouldn't be easy regardless of whether shortlees were at full strength or not as stated on previous posts , as these games never are . All the best to hurlford. And  if they continue to later stages , I'll stand corrected and say I was wrong , it's just my opinion on that also .  

Mate am certainly not arguing just found the comment a little strange when you and everyone else knows that that was Shortlees best 11 albeit an unfit Knapp that was all. I agree I don't think HT will win Scottish 

1 hour ago, CFCbhoy said:

Mate am certainly not arguing just found the comment a little strange when you and everyone else knows that that was Shortlees best 11 albeit an unfit Knapp that was all. I agree I don't think HT will win Scottish 

Mate it wasn't their best 11 , as Michael Mullen wasn't playing , even though he wasn't playing  with shortlees on their recent  successes. 

On 02/12/2018 at 12:30, Donza said:

Spot on Mick about Shortlees, they have built some side of the past couple of years, shows how well hurlford thistle done to get the win

Southside Sat morning are nothing but a gang will get found out, they beat a poor giffnock side that arent anywhere near where they were. Would be an easy game for you Mick, you would take about 6/7 off them

I take it you were not at the game judging by your smartarse comments.

Firstly Southside were not a gang in any way at all, they scored two fantastic goals, not a bad tackle in the game by either team, also conducted theirselves really well, they came in for hospitality and stayed for a while, all good from a Giffnock north point of view and no complaints from us so your talking pish. 

We had a few chances to get the equaliser at least but we failed to do so, that’s fitbaw, if you don’t score enough you don’t go through it’s that simple, southside scored more than us so deserve to go through. 

Secondly: Not been at our best in just a couple of games this year granted but a poor Giffnock side eh ? How many Giffnock north games have you seen this year smartarse ?  

How many Giffnock north games have you seen this year? 
Beaten twice in the league already this season only having played 6 games.
Out the Scottish in the 4th round to a team that plays Saturday morning football.
Out the west in the 2nd round to a team the division below.
So yeah I would say Giffnock haven't been up to much recently.

1 hour ago, josecc said:

Out the Scottish in the 4th round to a team that plays Saturday morning football.

Still not answered my question how many games you being to see us PEP? 

No disgrace in being beat by teams like Dumbarton, EKYM and Southside games that could have went either way that’s fitbaw. 

What’s being in a sat morning football got to do with it ? Is that sat afternoon snobbery ? 

You could also also look at us being in the first final of season  and have games in hand to go two points off top but that doesn’t suit you argument does it eh. 

Who are are you connected to PEP ? 

19 hours ago, Fitbawnut said:

I take it you were not at the game judging by your smartarse comments.

Firstly Southside were not a gang in any way at all, they scored two fantastic goals, not a bad tackle in the game by either team, also conducted theirselves really well, they came in for hospitality and stayed for a while, all good from a Giffnock north point of view and no complaints from us so your talking pish. 

We had a few chances to get the equaliser at least but we failed to do so, that’s fitbaw, if you don’t score enough you don’t go through it’s that simple, southside scored more than us so deserve to go through. 

Secondly: Not been at our best in just a couple of games this year granted but a poor Giffnock side eh ? How many Giffnock north games have you seen this year smartarse ?  

Shut the fuk up ya banger..giffnock north players and mmgt are very friendly with southside morning players and mgt so you would stick up for the gang and they would stay in hospitality for quite a while slevering over a shite pint about the good old days!  

Do one. Tadger.

9 hours ago, josecc said:

Hahahaha well put. 

Shut the fuk up ya banger..giffnock north players and mmgt are very friendly with southside morning players and mgt so you would stick up for the gang and they would stay in hospitality for quite a while slevering over a shite pint about the good old days!  
Do one. Tadger.
Haha quality comeback

For what my opinion is worth on Giffnock. They are vastly improved on the last couple of seasons and have lost to the 2 best teams in the Caledonian League set up at the moment, Dumbarton and EKYM. Don’t be fooled by EKYM’s division, they would be competing for the Premier.

I can’t comment on the quality of Southside’s morning team but Giffnock are not their first scalp and anything can happen in these games.

34 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Its harder to read some of these comments!!!! Whos favourites now?

Some nonsense getting spouted eh

Favourites....obvious 1s a would say Colville , Bannockburn & Eastfield with Hurlford Thistle thrown in there after dispatching the holders. 

Outsiders.... Cambria , Harestanes , Dumbarton Accies and Pennies. 

See what the draw holds for these teams tomorrow.

Archived