Cowden v QP

an86

Well deserved win.
hit bar and post in first half and had other chances
QP didn’t offer much.
played much better than Saturday. 
6 wins from 8 games! Nosebleed territory.

Haven't won 6 out of 8 games since 2011! Great credit to Bollan for finally settling on a defence!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
5 minutes ago, big al said:
Well deserved win.
hit bar and post in first half and had other chances
QP didn’t offer much.
played much better than Saturday. 
6 wins from 8 games! Nosebleed territory.

Haven't won 6 out of 8 games since 2011! Great credit to Bollan for finally settling on a defence!

Took him long enough to play Deas where he should have been playing from the start.

Hoofball of the very worst kind. Awful showing from the team. Some of them just didn’t look like they were interested including the team captain. Roberts and Grant showed up. The rest need a good thrashing.

Credit to Cowden who did want it and hunted us all over the park but a really poor response from our lot. On a night where a top 4 spot was up for grabs this was about as wrong as you could imagine.

We were absolutely bullied all over the park. There genuinely wasn't a single moment that I thought we could win that game. It was straight from the start.

Maybe an eye opener. You need to scrap and battle in this league and we showed nothing on that front. We're not a particularly experienced team, so I'd hope that tonight would be a wake up on that front. 

Deas extending a loan is priority. He was superb last night and you can tell he is getting better. Marsh looks better with him beside him too.

In regards to the game we worked our socks off and our physicality was a major reason we won. QP were poor to be honest but we went out and did well. Created chances and the system looked ok actually last night. MOTM was deas defo!! think renton got it .....

Bollan has won 6 out of 8 which is incredible but now we have to look to push on to 4th. I said at start of season we would finish 6th and I stand by that for now.

Big game saturday which would keep confidence high should we win. Going there with a good defensive record of late so hope that continues. Be good to get sheerin back on the bench. Felt he was needed for renton with last 15. New lad did well when he came on. Looks quick and strong for his size.

14 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

JORDAN JOINS BLUE BRAZIL

Cowden boss Gary Bollan today swooped to sign forward Jordan Allan who had been with Wolverhampton Wanderers since 2014.

Jordan of course signed for Wolves from Airdrie where he had made his first team debut in the Scottish League at the age of just 14. He was then signed by Wolves at the age of just 15. Jordan had a loan spell back at Airdrie last season and is expected to be in the squad for tonight's match at Central Park v Queen's Park.

First of all, well done on a what sounds like a very comprehensive win. Just a few more details about Jordan, have watched him play for Cambuslang Rangers for the last few seasons (live near by)  been part of a very successful team which is now in top Junior league in the west. Has great talent but has had major discipline problems so hope Bollan can harness them. Plays left midfield generally. Good luck Jordan anyway.

17 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Cannot believe Mark has a 36 year old has been on our bench and left lots of young players at home..... disgusting

:lol: Not like you to go completely over the top :rolleyes: You seem utterly obsessed with our young players

Time will tell if Gow even signs for us, never mind if he turns out to be a decent addition to the squad but good to know you've already decided.

Anyway, last night was probably the worst I've seen us play this season ( missed Stirling away) Don't think their keeper had one save to make, although we had a wee chance just before Cowden's second when Hawke should have done better than put it over the bar 

33 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

:lol: Not like you to go completely over the top :rolleyes: You seem utterly obsessed with our young players

Time will tell if Gow even signs for us, never mind if he turns out to be a decent addition to the squad but good to know you've already decided.

Absolutely unreal. It's not a situation we can lose from. It might work and it might not. Our squad lacks experience. Off the top of my head I'd say Jordan Hart, Gerry McLauchlan, Ciaran Summers and Jamie McKernon are the only really experienced players we have in terms of league football. Maybe Smart Osadolor, but he's not really starting games. The rest of the guys are either young, have played in the juniors or haven't featured much for league clubs they've been at. The reality is that games like last night will happen because of that.

Does anyone, and I suggest it's not many people at all, criticising this not understand that a young player is likely to learn on and off the park from a former professional who has played at a good level? As I understand it, he's also gone through or is going through his coaching badges.

On the face of it, it's actually a pretty shrewd move from Mark Roberts. I also don't think not giving young players a chance is a criticism that could be levelled at either of the managers we've had on the dugout this season. Speaking of which, is there any word on  when young McGrory is due back? 

18 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Cannot believe Mark has a 36 year old has been on our bench and left lots of young players at home..... disgusting

Don't understand your obsession with youth players. If they're good enough, they will get an opportunity. No risk trying out Gow, great pedigree and will only add valuable experience and knowledge to help out other attackers like Moore and Hawke 

Archived