Cowden v QP

an86

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Well obviously seeing as Fotheringham isn't a central defender

That reality won't stop the wee group of moaners who can't wait for him to make a mistake so they can be seen to be really angry about something. 

If it wasn't him, it'd be something or someone else, but they've chosen a substitute who mainly gets a game for the Strollers, which seems rational. 

21 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Is there a team in Scottish football more pointless than Queen's Park? Even Cowden are better than them. Stirling Albion, maybe? 

cowden are playing a match and its the team we're playing that a Berwick fan is slagging:unsure2:;strange times

Just now, strachan186772 said:

Magee played well last season, just needs some more game time with someone like big Gerry by his side. 

I thought it looked a level up for him last year tbh. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance. I don't necessarily think a relegation dogfight in a tough league is the best place to be blooding young players. There was little other option, though. 

That's not in any way a criticism of Magee. He will make mistakes due to inexperience, but those mistakes were amplified in League One which can absolutely destroy confidence. I don't think James Grant, who has been great so far, would have faired too much better. This level is far more suitable for these guys to be getting their chance. 

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

I thought it looked a level up for him last year tbh. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance. I don't necessarily think a relegation dogfight in a tough league is the best place to be blooding young players. There was little other option, though. 

That's not in any way a criticism of Magee. He will make mistakes due to inexperience, but those mistakes were amplified in League One which can absolutely destroy confidence. I don't think James Grant, who has been great so far, would have faired too much better. This level is far more suitable for these guys to be getting their chance. 

Completely agree, and not to mention that we have a much more stable squad and reliable goalie this season. 

Magee has a much better chance at proving his worth this time around and I think can play just as well as Grant has so far at this level of football. 

3 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

It was 5 at the back and Renton up front. Only GB knows where the rest should have been playing I think. Our midfield set up was horrible.

Malcolm was the midfield, he was everywhere and doesn’t ever seem to get much credit. Don’t know what the others were doing.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Did we play 3-5-2 against Brora?

yes but basically was a back 5 when being pushed as is normal with this kind of formation. I dont think it was needed but I spose the stats will back up another clean sheet. Midfield worked hard but was too deep against the back 3 centre backs. The formation suits us against some teams im sure but for Saturday I think going man for man would have been better and when we pushed talbot back to left back with a straight back 4 our full backs looked more comfy (especially talbot who was excellent)

midfield 3 worked hard and did well plenty of energy in there.

18 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

The players didn't seem to be sure what the tactics were and our midfield was a mess,but as against Annan McGurn Deas and Marsh were immense . Swann who had played pretty well dropped and Skelly who made a big impact  coming on from the bench dropped from the bench! All a bit hard to fathom, but I suppose as long as we are winning.

Montrose wouldn't allow Skelly to play same as the game v Clyde in the previous round.

As mullen is out tonight I think a slight re jig may be required. I think Bollan will play Buchanan right wing back with the 3 centre halfs again and talbot on left. gary fraser coming into midfield.

I have a suspicion he may start skelly too... just a hunch. Not the side I would play.

I would play a flat back 4 marsh/deas talbot left and play kyle miller right back for this one off game.

midfield of malcolm/fraser - swann left and buchanan right but buchanan infield rather than a wide player.

Cox and renton - although skelly may be an option instead of cox 

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

As mullen is out tonight I think a slight re jig may be required. I think Bollan will play Buchanan right wing back with the 3 centre halfs again and talbot on left. gary fraser coming into midfield.

I have a suspicion he may start skelly too... just a hunch. Not the side I would play.

I would play a flat back 4 marsh/deas talbot left and play kyle miller right back for this one off game.

midfield of malcolm/fraser - swann left and buchanan right but buchanan infield rather than a wide player.

Cox and renton - although skelly may be an option instead of cox 

I’d go for Miller at RB too, seen him play there before and he wasn’t bad. Just not Pyper. Skelly  apparently was OK against Annan when he came on but he’s been poor in the other games. Problem is, we now have no one to take corners!

McGhee got absolutely roasted down at Somerset but as an86 rightly says it was too much too soon. Still, a big step up from the Strollers as we've seen so many times. Shame big Nimmo didn't get a chance.

Time is the measure isn't it? East and Moore both less effective as starters rather than impact subs, more so East who's been fitful.. It's always the way. Wonder if the gaffer will shuffle it a wee bit tonight after the last 2 games. 

Archived