140 GLORIOUS YEARS -last 6 months excepted LARKHALL THISTLE 14OTH ANNIVERSARY MATCH

larkyforever

4 hours ago, gogsy said:

Great a lot of has beens and never will beens playing.   And that's just Larkhall ;) Not sure theres been much glory the last fifty years either, just a whole load of mediocrity.

Sour comment on our 140th, I will always be the first poster to post such an event.

We certainly should have won an awful lot more - last 9 Cup Finals all lost for example- but we will forever be the Larkie Jags with all that entails and all that means even to players today who hadnt put the shirt on for 30 years.

41 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

Yes.

Today  you are forgiven for all the lost finals to yourselves, especially in the 80s

See below :)

28 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Many great Larkhall connections for the Lok including the great Peter Wharton and the Demi god and truly lovely guy the legendary Gerry Hamilton.I think he was also one of the UKs top pool players?

Gerry was also captain of the Geordie Dixon managed Larky team that defeated Pollok in the final of the league cup,played at the old Douglas Park back in the 80s. :)

43 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

See below :)

Gerry was also captain of the Geordie Dixon managed Larky team that defeated Pollok in the final of the league cup,played at the old Douglas Park back in the 80s. :)

Yes, Pat Barkey scored our winner, but we lost 2 league cup finals, 2 Evening Times finals, and 2 other end of season finals, all to Pollok. One went to penalties, and we lost 12-11 or something like that at Petershill on a Wednesday night. Maybe some old Pollok fan can refresh my memory.

Delighted to see Martin Mulhearn voted our greatest-ever player, a true loyal servant, and a great player. Jim Dempsey was second.

Archived