Wasps vs Stags

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's going to be plenty of hassle.  Alloa clearly fancy their chances against County, and rightly so. County seem to be doing the bare minimum at the moment, and with half the squad injured or out of form, this is the kind of game they've struggled in - see Falkirk away.

Previous games have shown, we've a soft underbelly and love farting around with balls at the back teams can pounce and break on.

Going to say 2-1 to County, but Alloa could quite easily beat us with the break of the ball going their way.

County are the only team I've seen that have outclassed us this season (I didn't catch the Ayr games). It sounds like they have dropped that standard a bit and we continue to compete and play well.

If we can nick a goal first then we are well capable of causing an upset.

Sounds like County haven't really offered much since scudding Morton: 5 points from 12 isn't great.  I suspect that it's just a sticky patch rather than a deeper underlying problem.

I've not been to Alloa since 2007! County got beat on a miserable December afternoon, on their way to winning the league :unsure2: 

Fontaine is obviously out, and I expect Morris won't make it.  Assuming everyone else is fit, I'd go a balls out:

Fox

Watson Fraser Grivosti

Mullin Draper Lindsay Demetriou

Mckay Graham Stewart

Subs: Munro, Kelly, Vigurs, Dykes, Keillor-Dunn, McManus, Dingwall

Alloa 3-5 Ross County, eight goal thriller.

17 minutes ago, yoda said:

..., I'd go a balls out:

Fox

Watson Fraser Grivosti

Mckay Graham Stewart

Call me a shy and inhibited scaredy cat who prefers to keep gonads entrousered, but I'd have Vigurs in if fit, even for 45mins, in place of a Forward, so 3-5-2.

12 hours ago, yoda said:

Sounds like County haven't really offered much since scudding Morton: 5 points from 12 isn't great.  I suspect that it's just a sticky patch rather than a deeper underlying problem.

I've not been to Alloa since 2007! County got beat on a miserable December afternoon, on their way to winning the league :unsure2: 

Fontaine is obviously out, and I expect Morris won't make it.  Assuming everyone else is fit, I'd go a balls out:

Fox

Watson Fraser Grivosti

Mckay Graham Stewart

Not just the  English who remember 1966.

Alloa were excellent in that 2007 game. Scott Agnew was talking about it in the Pele Podcast recently. Recall him being particularly good that day. 

County were the better side in the two games at the start of the season but both matches were very much in the balance until the final couple of minutes. We have strengthened and improved since then, so hoping we can put up another decent effort on Saturday. As always on the wee pitch (hopefully it's on the way out now), getting ahead would help us a lot. 

14 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Looks like we're going 4-5-1

Fox

Fraser Watson Grivosti Stelios

Mullin Lindsay Draper Cowie McManus

Mckay

= 4 - 3 - 3.  I'm happy with that. Decent strength in midfield and pace & commitment on the wings.

I imagine our left will be targeted again as people will think young boys such as Grivosti & Stelios will be an easy touch. Meh. Their pace may help when we do get cut open on the break, which will happen at some point(s).

= 4 - 3 - 3.  I'm happy with that. Decent strength in midfield and pace & commitment on the wings.
I imagine our left will be targeted again as people will think young boys such as Grivosti & Stelios will be an easy touch. Meh. Their pace may help when we do get cut open on the break, which will happen at some point(s).

Stelios is 28. So double fool them!

Archived