Partick Thistle v Stranraer

EdinburghBlue

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been fine, Stranraer give me hope we will hold our own in League One...

Good probing performance from Joe Cardle. 

McGinty has still managed to be a bombscare at times...

Good performance and the team played pretty well barring McGinty who is a liability at times.

Joe Cardle was my man of the match and I just hope he can replicate that kind of form in the Championship.

I know it was just Stranraer but it's always nice to give any side containing that pr1ck Jamie Hamill a doing.

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good performance and the team played pretty well barring McGinty who is a liability at times.

Joe Cardle was my man of the match and I just hope he can replicate that kind of form in the Championship.

I know it was just Stranraer but it's always nice to give any side containing that pr1ck Jamie Hamill a doing.

_46911649_dickcampbell466.jpg

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

How did Fitzpatrick play?

Pretty good, took his goal well. Bags of confidence but tried a bit too hard at times.

It would be good  to have the chance  to judge him against better quality opposition.

15 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

How did Fitzpatrick play?

He definitely had a positive impact on the team. MOTM? Not so sure.

I'd take the Narwich deal right now...obvz...half a million after today's performance...:angel

Pathetic performance from Stranraer I felt our 2 centre halves played well, Jamie Hamill once again proving how much of a liability he can be. Fitzpatrick What a player yous have a constant threat along with Cardle who is a proven player at championship level. But Pathetic from Stranraer constant long balls missing out the midfield, Lamont looks disinterested we need players who will put a shift in for there cash

More comfortable than I expected it was going to be, even with that 10 minute wobble after we went 2-0 up, where Stranraer pulled a goal back and then really should have had another after a couple of good chances.

Fitzpatrick was very direct, and you can definitely see why there's interest in him. He's just such a natural attacking player, where there's no fannying about with backwards passes, and instead just him running straight at everyone. I thought Cardle was effective as well, and his deliveries will be very important for us this season - they may not all come off, but I have about 10x more confidence in him finding a man in the box after his wing play than Storey. Not much else other than that, and I suppose the real negative from this game is that it'll buy Caldwell more time.

Decent support up from Stranraer. More than quite a few Championship clubs this season, and must have been a very high percentage of their home numbers. Shame about the team, who looked really, really poor.

Deserved win by Thistle but I didn’t thing they played that well , we are a very poor side and I can’t see this team do much in the league , will be a good achievement if we avoid relegation ,  Stranraer teams of recent years would have had a real go at that thistle team . I don’t blame the manager , I still feel really annoyed with our committee that squander our finances that caused a clear out of our best players but hey ho that’s life , I would suggest that the reason for our dwindling crowds is the poor standard of football on show 

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

How did we set up? In particular, where were Cardle and Fitzpatrick playing? 

Fitzpatrick on the right and Cardle on the left, but they both moved around pretty freely. Cardle in particular, who was all over the pitch today.

Thought 4-1 flattered us. Stranraer were very poor, but should’ve been 1-0 up early on, if it wasn’t for a point blank save from Hazard. Also could and should have equalised after they pulled it back to 2-1.

Our defence is an absolute fucking liability. The goal we conceded is proof of it. McGinty looks like he’ll even be a bombscare when we’re relegated. I hope we only gave him a one-year contract, because he is utterly shite. Bannigan strolled it today, Harkins looked good when he came on, and once Cardle is fully fit he looks like he’ll be decent. Ally Roy is just a tall Miles Storey. Runs around a lot but has little to no ability.

I’ve not read any of Caldwell’s post-match stuff yet, but I’m sure he’ll be heaping praise on himself and how he got it right. Play like that next week against QOTS, especially with that defence up against Dobbie, and it’ll be a doing.

Don't really know how Thistle supporters are saying we were poor.After we scored it was all Stranraer for 25 minutes and we could have been 3-2 up,or maybe jags forgot about that and Kyle Turner ran the show.The turning point was Gary Harkin coming on for Thistle,class player who might save you's from the dreaded drop.

11 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Don't really know how Thistle supporters are saying we were poor.After we scored it was all Stranraer for 25 minutes and we could have been 3-2 up,or maybe jags forgot about that and Kyle Turner ran the show.The turning point was Gary Harkin coming on for Thistle,class player who might save you's from the dreaded drop.

You’re right. We were lucky and you guys were outstanding. The fact we had 32 shots and over 60% possession was a statistical quirk that didn’t reflect your clear superiority. Thought you were a class side tbh - Hamill had the cigars out. 

Or not. You were utter gash and got smashed by a team managed by Gary Caldwell. What a riddy. 

Biggest thing highlighted today is we need to replace McGinty, he’s just not cutting it. I hope GC is planning another couple of defenders as we’re comical at the back.

Cardle and Fitzpatrick were impressive. Cardle seemed to cover a lot of ground and hopefully might add the creativity we sorely need. Nice to see Coulibaly on for a bit as well.

Archived